New project :)

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
New project :)

I am currently planning on making an Blade Fury Assassin that will have as many %Chance To Cast Level ? ??? On Striking as possible. With the help of the Shadow Master I have high hopes on this build.

My planned equipment looks like this:
Weapon1: Crescent Moon Runeword (Static Field.. mmm)
Weapon2: Chaos Runeword (Getting that Ohm rune might be hard)
Helm: No idea yet (Harlequin Crest?)
Armor: Duriel's Shell (No other idea here)
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp (Nice life leech, life tap and strenght)
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh (+skill, slows target)
Boots: Gore Rider (CB, OW and DS, nice)
Ring1: Whisp Projector
Ring2: Carrion Wind
Amulet: Crescent Moon (Need some mana leech)

10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
20% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
9% Chance To Cast Level 11 Frozen Orb On Striking
11% Chance To Cast Level 9 Charged Bolt On Striking
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking

This is what I have come up to so far. I think I could reach atleast 10 of the %Chance to Cast on Striking. Would be pretty fun to just bombard the enemies with different sorts of attack types.

Don't have any of those on the Amulet, Armor, Helm and Belt. Maybe I have missed something?
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Good luck on your sept! ... Hu? No sept? Ah well, still good luck...

Helm: delirium?
Belt: Nos Coil?
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Good luck on your sept! ... Hu? No sept? Ah well, still good luck...

Helm: delirium?
Belt: Nos Coil?
:p

Delirium. Ah yea. How could I forget that one...
33% Chance To Cast Level 18 Confuse On Striking. How nice :)

And when I look at it, Nosferatus seems to be alot better for this build too...

Weapon1: Crescent Moon Runeword
Weapon2: Chaos Runeword
Helm: Delirium Runeword
Armor: Duriel's Shell
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
Belt: Nosferatus Coil
Boots: Gore Rider
Ring1: Whisp Projector
Ring2: Carrion Wind
Amulet: Crescent Moon
 

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Nacaa said:
I am currently planning on making an Blade Fury Assassin that will have as many %Chance To Cast Level ? ??? On Striking as possible. With the help of the Shadow Master I have high hopes on this build.

My planned equipment looks like this:
Weapon1: Crescent Moon Runeword (Static Field.. mmm)
Weapon2: Chaos Runeword (Getting that Ohm rune might be hard)
Helm: No idea yet (Harlequin Crest?)
Armor: Duriel's Shell (No other idea here)
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp (Nice life leech, life tap and strenght)
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh (+skill, slows target)
Boots: Gore Rider (CB, OW and DS, nice)
Ring1: Whisp Projector
Ring2: Carrion Wind
Amulet: Crescent Moon (Need some mana leech)

10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
20% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
9% Chance To Cast Level 11 Frozen Orb On Striking
11% Chance To Cast Level 9 Charged Bolt On Striking
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking

This is what I have come up to so far. I think I could reach atleast 10 of the %Chance to Cast on Striking. Would be pretty fun to just bombard the enemies with different sorts of attack types.

Don't have any of those on the Amulet, Armor, Helm and Belt. Maybe I have missed something?
CTC helm:
Ondal's Almighty
Spired Helm
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking

Better CTC gloves:
Hellmouth
War Gauntlets
4% Chance to cast Level 12 Firestorm on striking
2% Chance to cast Level 4 Meteor on striking

or LoH.

Belt:
Wilhelm's Pride
Battle Belt
5% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit

You'll need the leech.

Weapons I might suggest:
Stormlash
Scourge
20% Chance to cast Level 18 Tornado on striking
15% Chance to cast Level 10 Static Field on striking

Stormrider
Tabar
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Chain Lightning on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 13 Charged Bolt on striking

Dangoon's Teaching
Reinforced Mace
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nova on striking
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, btw, you can to better on the armour, too. Crow Caw, for example. Or Boneflesh. Yeah, boneflesh seems better, imo. Goblin Toe might pwn gore riders but I'm not quite sure. I know it was better for my WWsin. Take a look at fleshripper fanged knife, too. Shadow killer for frost nova? I'll use 2 of those on my next assassin and I'll freeze everything. :D

another thing, you know that BF needs AR to hit, right? (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that's what people told me when I was asking about the skill ages ago) So you might want to consider prebuffing with demon limb and wearing angelic jewelry since it has no AR modifier of it's own.
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
another thing, you know that BF needs AR to hit, right? (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, that's what people told me when I was asking about the skill ages ago) So you might want to consider prebuffing with demon limb and wearing angelic jewelry since it has no AR modifier of it's own.
Yepp correct. The Crescent Moon runeword will give me Ignore Target's Defense which will help some I guess. No idea how much. Hmm, dammit. Just remembered that I can't wear 1 claw and 1 axe/sword. So I guess I have to look for a shield then since I can't make Crescent Moon in a claw. Will probaly go with CM as the weapon.

Think I'll stick with Gore Rider. Kinda like all the mods on it. Will try out Gobin Toe.

Weapon: Crescent Moon Runeword/Stormrider
Shield: ???
Weapon2: Demonlimb
Shield2: ???
Helm: Delirium Runeword
Armor: Boneflesh
Gloves: Hellmouth War Gauntlets
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride
Boots: Gore Rider
Ring1: Whisp Projector
Ring2: Carrion Wind
Amulet: Crescent Moon

Shield advice?

Thanks for the suggestions Masas. I can't afford a Stormlash but the Stormrider sure is interesting.
 

#endgame

Diabloii.Net Member
I can speak from experience that BF needs AR. My lvl45 BladeSin is on the shelf for now for that very reason. Can't hit a barn.
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah! That changes quite alot. Guess I will have to use charms with a nice amount of Attack Rating then :)

EDIT: Blessed Aim merc?
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Nacaa, AR consists of 2 parts, flat ar and a modifier. You need both. Just going overboard on one will not be enough, and will in fact be inefficient. That's why I use angelics for the flat AR and DL for the modifier. I'm not sure charms alone can suffice. Or rather, if you can't get something better out of your charms than out of 2 rings / ammy. Basically it's just costs vs gains. BA is an option too since your skill gives no bonus at all. Might wouldn't do much for you since you don't do a lot of physical damage to begin with.
 

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
find yourself an eth bonehew and then put on marrowwalks.

CTC bonespear. it'd be fairly weak dmg. but off the top of my head it'd still be 500+ per spear.

just if your looking for something else.

or get a non-eth one and make a hybrid BHS/BF sin.

unique spiked shield has 50% OW.
lance guard has stuff too IIRC.


or go tiamats to add elemental dmg.
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Shield? Umbral Disk or Swordback Hold seem nice to me.

Btw, good job on making a thread I can base my septsept BF sin on. ;)
 

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Why not Tiamats Rebuke for a Shield? Nice elemental damage and resists, it has CTC too (although the "whenstruck" CTC). If you really want CTC from the shield, then those two that Nightfish mentioned would work.
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
What does the "Hit Blinds Target +1" on Umbral Disk mean? That it always blinds the target? Sorry, too long since I played last time heh. If it does, we got ourself a winner there.

Thinking of going with Baranar's/Tiamats on switch for elemental damage.

Nightfish said:
Btw, good job on making a thread I can base my septsept BF sin on. ;)
Hehe :)
 

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
it means it can blind the target. but the rate you fire at after a few secs everything within range will be blind (if it can be blind)
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Nacaa said:
What does the "Hit Blinds Target +1" on Umbral Disk mean? That it always blinds the target? Sorry, too long since I played last time heh. If it does, we got ourself a winner there.
I think that's +1 on the check that's made to see whether or not the thing gets blinded. I'd say just try it out and say what it does or wait until RTB, Thrugg or Shade drop by.
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
it means it can blind the target. but the rate you fire at after a few secs everything within range will be blind (if it can be blind)
If my Delirium haven't confused them yet :)
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
:) så du gör en specialist på att kontrollera monstren nu nacaa?

ser ut att bli en intressant karaktär

tip: get a demon limb it should help alot with ar for 11 min
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe yepp ;)

This is what I have gathered so far:

Weapon: Crescent Moon Runeword/Stormrider
Shield: Umbral Disk
Weapon2: Demonlimb
Shield2: ???
Helm: Delirium Runeword
Armor: Boneflesh
Gloves: Hellmouth War Gauntlets
Belt: Wilhelm's Pride
Boots: Gore Rider
Ring1: Whisp Projector
Ring2: Angelic Ring
Amulet: Angelic Ammy

Hit Blinds Target +1
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
20% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
33% Chance To Cast Level 18 Confuse On Striking
2% Chance of casting slvl 4 Meteor On Striking
4% Chance of casting slvl 12 Firestorm On Striking
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking

Level 2 Oak Sage (15 Charges)

+10% Life Stolen Per Hit
+5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+2 To Mana After Each Kill

Blessed Aim Merc

Seems like the crowd controll will be pretty nice on this build, would like more life leech though but I'm sure I come over a way to deal with that. The BA Merc and Angelic combo should deal with the AR issues.

EDIT: And with points in Death Sentry this could be pretty fun.
 
Top