Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Poison Necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Muffassa, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

New Poison Necro

I am in the very early stages of making my poison necro Anthrax (yeah, original, I know).

Anyway, I figured this guy will be "done" after about 60 stat points, and I was wondering what I should do with the rest.

My original idea was to max pnova, pdagger, and then pexplosion. I wanna try daggering most of the time too (I have a blackboggs to grow into, and eventually a ghostflame - unless I upgrade blackboggs - dunno yet), cause I think daggering is cool. I am doing one point in clay golum, one in each curse (maybe more in lower resist) but I was thinking about more tanks. I don't want this guy to be a reworked skellimancer (already have a successful one of them), but I cant help thinking taht 20 in raise skelli, and 20 in s-mastery would be good points spent.

I don't imgaine that I will need skelies until Hell, when the extra meat shields could help alot. Im going to be wearing bramble, and enough of trangs to get the set bonus.

for shield, either trangs, or perhaps a mele character shield (gonna have a lot of dex anyway so I can hit with my dagger).

I know it would be tough, but I think it could be fun, and high damage for the occasional pvp could be cool.

let me know what you guys think. - cheers - :drink:

2. belth

belth IncGamers Member

You'll definitely want Trang's Wing as shield due to the set bonus on it (-25% enemy poison res), along with the belt & gloves. 228 dex at 85 gives you max block with TO Wing and 8-9k AR with PD (depending on slvl ofc).

I'd suggest getting a Fleshripper instead of the Ghostflame even though it doesn't have ITD, the other mods make it much better for a PD using necro - ITD doesn't work on bosses (-target def% does however IIRC) which will be pretty much the only time to use PD as 1-2 novas kills most normal monsters in Hell (LR'd if necessary).

3. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

Do you mean max block (75%) or max block with TO Wing, being only 60%?

4. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Max block as in 75%.

5. hks489

hks489 IncGamers Member

Daggering is fun in normal and nightmare. But is quite useless in hell. The damage is spread out over too long a period to kill quick. and we all know hell monsters have quite a bit hp

6. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Baal, Diablo and Meph are the only ones I bother daggering in Hell, it's quite nice against them as I'm using full Trang's so I spam 1k firewall under them for added damage :) Other possible targets for daggering are the councilmembers in Travincal and Durance3, although just using LR and Nova few times is usually more efficient.

Still haven't been able to lure Diablo over a corpse for a nice dosage of Poison Explosion, anxious to see how bad it hurts him ;)

7. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Heard one of the better unique daggers are quite affective particularly with the ignore targets defence and prevent monster heal attributes. Personally not tried it out myself as i am still building my poisonmancer but i wouldn't rule it out too easily as coupled with a dose of 4-5k damage from poison (as well as some -poison resist items) you'd be amazed what it can do. That if u manage to stay alive or get close enough to hit :evil:

8. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

One of the main reasons to use the Poison Dagger skill is to allow a Necro to hit monsters in Hell since it gives a very nice AR bonus to combat their high DR. The reason you'd want to hit a monster and particularly a Boss or champion (or even Diablo Clone) is to use crushing blow, open wounds and / or prevent monster heal. These can help with a variety of problems Necros get in Hell and the high damage, long acting poison is often a bonus since you could get that easier using Nova anyway. But another reason to use a dagger is to kill single monsters when mana is low ... casting LR and then 2 P Novas takes a lot of mana compared with one stab.

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Following up my comment as mentioned above from the last poster some of the attributes espeically from the unique daggers are pretty impressive.

One of my favourites is the slowing affecting by targets 25-50%, plus your clay and decrep the boss/champion would virtually make it stand still plus the monster poison damage - gg thx

Getting a decent dagger's the hard part :D