Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Player Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kronto, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Kronto

Kronto IncGamers Member

New Player Questions

OK, a few things I've been wondering:

Is gold only really sought for Gambling? And it seems most gamble for ammy/ring. What kind of ring/ammy is sought? And why not just get a ring/ammy from a High level drop, and cube it?

Can sockets be removed, then reapplied through cubing?

Is there something I can do to reduce disconnects? I seem to suffer semi-frequent disco's when trying to do Baal runs? Some happen as I portal into Throne room, some as I join game. I try and not join really fast, as I know you'll get banned........

Why do certain gems seem to have higher trade value than others? It seems Pamethysts trade better.......

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. TheApostate

TheApostate IncGamers Member

Re: New Player Questions

Well, here's what I know, or think I know:

As for gold, its primary purpose DOES seem to be gambling, and many people gamble on rings/ammys. I think the reason they don't just cube high lvl drops, as you suggested, is that that takes pgems, and most people want to save them either to cube non-gamble-able items, such as charms, or to make crafted items.

As far as I know, sockets, once in place, cannot be removed or altered in any way. You can make gems/jewels/runes IN the sockets disappear, but the sockets are fixed.

PAmethysts (and, to a limited extent, Rubies too) are used for crafting super-fantastic :party: items, and Arreat Summit has a bunch of info on that. That's why they seem to be worth about twice as much as other pgems.

As for the disconnect, I'm not an expert, but I DO know that, during Baal runs, people who use Sorc Meteor, Necro Summoning (like, LOTS of summons), and even Hellfire Torch attacks seem to cause drops/temp bans. There's probably more to it than that, and I'm sure that those better-informed than myself will relish the chance to correct me at the earliest opportunity. But I'm pretty sure most of the above is accurate... Hope it helps a little.