Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New player needs a guide w/o item reqs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by antipoperobbieg, May 30, 2005.

1. antipoperobbieg

antipoperobbieg IncGamers Member

New player needs a guide w/o item reqs

Me and a few pals are going to start playing D2 on open battle.net and are wandering if anyone can give me a good druid or barbarian guide. I have absolutely no items, we will be starting from scratch.

Every guide I have read so far lists a bunch of "required" items and I'm sure we'll never be lucky enough to get those just playing with the 3 of us.

2. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

My personal opinion for item-independent Barbarian/Druid builds would be:

Nightfish's Berserker Guide

and

Strijdje's Wind Druid Guide

Although it may be worth noting that if you are going to be playing exclusively in a group of three you can tailor your builds to cover one another's specific weaknesses and play off the strengths.

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Alot of the items listed in guides as 'required' should probably be called recommended. Meaning if you have it you should use it, but you can certainly get away without it. Use the example items listed to give you an idea of what mods to look for on your items and use what you can find that fits the description.

4. antipoperobbieg

antipoperobbieg IncGamers Member

thanks a ton

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

Open Bnet is eeeeevil

If you're just planning on playing with 2 other mates, see if one of you can host a TCP/IP game instead. Then you won't have to deal with someone joining your game, stealing all your items and corrupting your character.

Also if you play on open bnet then you won't be able to interact with this great forum!

As for your question: barbs and druid aren't great characters to play untwinked (starting from scratch) since they rely heavily on items. A more common character would be a sorc/LF zon/fishymancer.

Although if you're determined to play one of those classes and if there is a group of three of you then you might do ok.

6. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

If you are always running around with your friend, then don't worry about items, there is nothing can stop you. D2 is only any "challenge" if you play solo.

Just beware that play on open b.net is extremly bad choice, and very risky. it is full of haxxxor, they say. You will also lose all rights to join any MP game or Trade/Giveaway here. All your items and chars will be viewed unlegit most likely.

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

You mind pointing me to the part in the forum rules where this is taken from?

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Try to find anyone who will believe it is "legit" after intensive open b.net play, I bet you can count with fingers on single hand. 99% people here will reject such activities, if not 100%.

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

While I understand what you are trying to say, this is not a correct statement.

It's perfectly fine to play open B.net, and then post a trade thread, or host MP games. Yes, many may not want to trade or join your game, but the open player loses no rights here.

Now if you use hacked items while MPing, or trade hacked item, then we have a different case altogether.