New player need tips

Filip Ringnell

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello i just started playing Diablo 2. I want to play Amazon but i can´t even get past normal difficulty and most guides/tips are seems to be for nightmare and higher levles and i take insane amount of damage in normal so anything that i should keep in mind and do to complete normal would be much appreciated. (im clearly missing something)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, and welcome here :). I'm afraid we need a little bit more information to be able to help you. What build are you planning to use? HC or SC? First time D2 or returning player? BNet or SP?

Filip Ringnell

Diabloii.Net Member
More specific what talents are worth using while levling in normal and should i max out lower things and then reset talents and go for build in nightmare?

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
If you play SP, it's better to post in the Single Player subforum. That subforum gets far more traffic, so you'll get far more replies there.

But to get you started: Lightning Fury is the skill you'll want to use for most part, and Charged Strike against bosses and left over monsters. So max those 2 for sure. Other than that it depends. I usually skip Valkyrie and go for a beefed Decoy, but other swear by Valk as well. For the rest it really depends on what you want to do endgame. Strongest is to go pure lightning, putting points into Lightning Fury and Charged Strike synergies, but you'll have to farm an Infinity for that, or only run areas with (almost) no Lightning Immunes, which is Hell Cows in the first place. You could also go for maxed Plague Javelin and it's synergy, Poison Javelin, to take care of Lightning Immunes.

So early on I would start pumping Charged Strike at level 18, some points in Decoy at level 24 and then put points into Lightning Fury and max it asap when reaching level 30. Before level 18 only put points into prereqs for the skills you need, and save the rest, so you can still keep putting points in CS when you reach lvl 24 and also start putting points into Decoy.

Be sure to install the Runeword mod, so you have ladder only runewords available as well, and try to make an Insight runeword as fast as you can, which is usually early nightmare. Before that you'll constantly be short on mana as your main skills need a lot of it, so be prepared to use a lot of mana potions.

Good luck, and like I said, for more visibility and better help from the SPF veterans here, post in the SPF. And while you are at it, introduce yourself there as well :).