Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New pk bug?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by hc_ugajeremy, Mar 21, 2004.

1. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

New pk bug?

This happened less than 5 minutes ago. I went into a game on East called 'free mf gear' limited to 3 people. So this sorc goes down to cata lvl 2 and a tp comes up without a name attached to it. I assume its a portal shrine, as always.

Sorc kills pally and is full so I go down to help loot.. "UGA_Necro slain by pally" ......... the tp was on the wp and hammers were everywhere, pally was just standing there. I got so pissed that I was going to help and I get popped for it.

My first decent gear and an actual attempt at a good skellimancer. The sorc was mf-york or something.

Yeah, so I'm not sure whether it's stupidity I feel or just a sense of loss.

*end rant

edit: just found the pally Meta-God *sin-spawn.. he really stayed dead :rant:

2. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

The person who kills the other, just messes with text to say xxx was slain by xxx. the person is still alive, it's used a lot near den.

3. hc_ugajeremy

thanks for the reply, this makes me wish i could kill these two now. *antartica and *sin-spawn .. sorry, i'm just really angry right now

4. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I really hate when people act like that, I actually fell for something like it in a duel game, luckily though, it seems to mostly be people who are not skilled/strong enough to get kills other ways, so I survived :)

I was dueling, I had beaten the same druid literally 30 times, everyone was just telling him to give up, though he seemed to be being a very good sport about it, and was a fair dueler, and, until that point, a pleasure to duel with, seemed like a good guy. Now, there was a level 80 something barb in the game, who had dissipeared for about 20 minutes, I am dueling the Druid yet again, and instead of fluxing, he ran to the den, which happened to be near where we were dueling. I had been watching my map for the barb, being careful he didnt come running or tele-ing at me, and the instant I clicked the den, I realized it was likely he was down there, so by the time it loaded (not long of course) I was 100% ready to save+exit, sure enough, he comes wwing at me, the first hit or two of his WW landed on me, and I fluxed rather than check the damage I took, not worth the risk.

I rejoined the game, just in time to see the druid and barb leave, it was obviously planned where the barb would be sitting in den waiting to kill me, unfortunatly for them, they didnt even take 1/4 of my damage, though I am very lucky, a good pvp barb would have probably koed me in one hit, and had a better WW angle, this guy was obviously not a dueler, both in skills and equipment, I would surely be dead (well, I died later, but I would have been dead then) if he had been wielding good PvP gear, and either landed a zerk, or ww'ed sideways across the den entrance, instead of straight at me.

One way I hear you can tell if its fake, check the ":", if it is white, it is a colorhack being used to say ___was slain by ___ if its a REAL death message, the ":" will be the same brownish color.

-Matt

5. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

what about the portal with no name?

6. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

matt, they can do it so there is no colon.It'll be like
    User:I'll say something now (spaces all here)
    user was slain by xxx
    Without the colon. and kurg, maybe it was just a good use of one near a portal?

7. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Theory about the portal with no name: Either someone went and disposed of Andy, or someone took a Shrine - a TP without a name pops up. As for the dead char, he either took clicked wrong TP, or the TPs overlapped. Seeing this was made to kill him at the WP, I can't see the latter as very probable...

Some more info is needed to work this one out.

8. hc_ugajeremy

That's what I was wondering about. I realize how my lack of foresight got me killed, but how a tp with no name was dead on the wp is what surprised me. I saw them later doing the same scam.

Any good hunters out there looking for a mission, feel free to dispose of these jacks. :lol:

9. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

*antartica used to play under the account Soviet, until he got owned by the best PK on East (CanadianBeef, before account was sold). *antartica has ALWAYS used color hack, so make sure you read the line before the "xxx was slain" message if he's in your game.

Wish you had gotten his new name, now I have to play the /whois game when I see him online. Last time I met him he was threatening my zon and doing the "I'm the BEST PK ON EAST!1!!1" talk. The next week I was seeing his ear in a trade window, ala CanadianBeef. And yes, PKers do hunt down one another.

10. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

If you make the text wrap it will distort the message. IE - open your inventory or look at your stats to shorten the text. If it is a real death it will look normal but a collor hacked message will be all over the screen since the spacing is now way off.

And there is my 1 semi-useful comment of the day :flip:

11. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

LMFAO I KNOW HIM! HAHAH! He got tons of level 87's and stuff and he got a HOTO froma level 90 sorc. HEs a good friend of mine and he said some guy set him up for the pk by canadian. And yes he was the number one pk on east. Well, gogo york!

12. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

... So wait ... He cheezey color hack kills people, loots them AND steals their items?

And you actually admit to not only knowing this guy but also LIKING him?

Oh - and if he is all pissy about Canadian setting HIM up then he is a hypocrite as well as a thief since his little cheatfest tag team is equally a set up. But that's OK right? Because HE is the one doing the setting up.

*gets out the mop to clean away all the venom and scorn dripping from this post*

I am accepting of legit PK since it is a part of the game but cheaters and thieves deserve no respect.

13. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

All of you are starting to get me real pissy. Personally, i think its hilarious that he pwned all these newbs. Your bringing ethics into a game. You all need a warm cup of stfu. And hes not whiney about it...dunno where you got that from but his friend set him up for it, big deal. Whats done is done and its a game. Sure theres a little annoyance and agrivation when you die but its 100 percent your fault and one of the main reasons people pk is because people like you get mad over it! THATS PART OF THE SATISFACTION! So haha. :)

14. Antarctica(YORK)

Antarctica(YORK) Banned

I Am Antarctica (york)

Well Well ain't i famous? I am Antarctica, came here to correct few guys.
    I appologize ahead for my maybe unproper english, I am from Europe.
    First: candianbeeef didn't set me up, my ex friend HC.PAt did. indeed beeef killed me, thanks HC.PAt. Also I PKED CANDIANBEEEF. HAve ear to proof. Dunno after he sold account or before but i got him back. about HC.PAT his still yet to come.
    Second:I am the best PK on East realm. I have over 300 ears all ladder all over lvl 70. Soviet was not my account bu the name of PK that canadian killed. my only account always was and always will be Antarctica. Well there is Antarctica-2 and 3 but that's irrelevant.
    I never MFed never ever all my gear comes from loots. and color thingy? it's old old way to PK i know many many ways to PK. only 4 ways to PK in town. i am master at PK art. Duel? nah i really suck at dueling i am PK and all my characters biult for PK toll of 11 guys 80+ all PKs.
    I PK with brain not hit points. i trick ppl. my damage ussually not that great but i make ppl die from it. almost got bunni once he chickened out at 1/4 life.
    Price for my ear used to be 2 shakos, then i wasn't playing a while (millitary, was sent away) now i am back on track. i was only killed once by beeef and like i mentioned earlier thanks HC.PAt.
    so GL guys i will get ur ear :D PK = Population Kontrol

15. Randal.Flag

Randal.Flag IncGamers Member

Damn, must be challenging getting ears with a hack. Truly a skilled pk. The best!

16. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Soviet was a character on the account Antarctica! Since you play at goofy hours in the morning I couldn't hunt you down.

And you killed the guy who bought the account from the real Beef. He took care of business and killed your color hacking behind before he sold it. I had the pleasure of laying my eyes on your ear as soon as I logged on that day.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
    Soviet was slain by Andariel

So moronic. :lol:

300+ ears? And you took a break. Hmmm. I sincerely doubt it. Maybe your Clan has 300 ears. Brains? You mean other people's brains, because that hack you use was not invented by you. And you're not hunting, your 1.09 hack hunting. Note the following image... of all the people he killed, you are the only one to be given a title of honor. Just calling you what you are. You are not a PK, so don't use that title.

Here's one of my favorite screenshots

17. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Hc.Pat is one of the worst scammers in east.
    I have seen a new necro ibong something. Using tp/hostile trick pking in east. A really good dueler too, i witnessed 2 fights with my sorc and he killed both of his opponents.

18. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Hc.Pat is no less famous than CanadianBeef for his 1000's of Quilted Armors. :lol:

19. Antarctica(YORK)

Antarctica(YORK) Banned

i am the best

i do not PK with color hack any more it SOOOO old.
    i only know 4 ways to PK in town four! yes i have over 300 ears not beleive? whiser me and i'll show you.
    Only why beeef killed me is cause HC.PAt my friend at that time set me up, i was going to PK beeef then and asked pat if WP was safe he said yes, well beeef was there. Didn't expect that from a friend.... i PK but fo not betray friends. back to color hack, i almost not use it. there is tons new ways i know. DC PK, 4 town PKs, den PK, ancients PK. but that all cool... now try Pking and looting 90% of ppl. only way why i do not loot rest 10% cause they leave as soon as they die, either cause of chicken or embarasment.
    Hunt me down u said? try! there is reward of 2 shakos for any ear with name York from acc antarctica. posted by DC clan. I Pked 7 of DCs including leader like i said not beleive whisper *antarctica i'll show.

20. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

wow this is a game. All these talk has lead me to believe that some ppl do take this to the extreme. Gangs... huntings....