Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new pally, same experience

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jylegajylan, Feb 9, 2004.

1. jylegajylan

jylegajylan Banned

new pally, same experience

So i started a hdin on friday night. now its lvl 83. not dat bad =)

a few hours ago, i tried to do meph runs in hell mode...good god. can't even kill 5 dolls w/o dying. I thought that hdin's were able to kill well in hell mode?

or maybe im mfing in the wrong area/difficulty, cuz ihave squat eq.

wuld mfing in nm baal/meph for average items b a good idea? then proceed to hell mode when i can do 6000/hammer?

2. [C.A.P]NoKturnaL

[C.A.P]NoKturnaL IncGamers Member

If you maxed the right things you should be doing well over 6k at 75, nevermind 83.

My hammderdin is lvl 81 and does 10k. So you might have done your skill points wrong.

3. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

The problem is not your damage--it's those damn dolls. They explode when they die, so killing them FASTER only increases the chances you die with them.

Below are a few solutions:

1. Hide behind your merc. I always run like a big fat coward whenever I see a doll pack coming. Your merc is immune to all kinds of explosions and should be able to handle those nasty little dolls no problem--provided he hasn't gotten stuck somewhere in an adjacent room. (I may not be proud, but it's kept me alive long enough to get to the bottom of the pally ladder. :rolleyes: )

2. Increase your life.

3. Party with a strafe-zon, trap sin, cold sorc...any character that kills from a distance.

4. I think DR helps as I believe their death explosions include a physical component. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

5. Switch to vigor and run away!!! (You don't actually need to kill those buggars anyway--just get past them to the rewards that await you in the level below.)

4. shotgun666uk

shotgun666uk IncGamers Member

A bare arse hammerdin will do about 3516/3587 by level 79-83 thats with BHammers/Conc/BAim/Vigor maxed! If your doing 6K damage at 75 plz tell me how!

Personally I think Faster Cast stuff is the way to go, more hammers out quicker! the best bit of advice is to get Wizardspike (cast,mana, resists), heart of the oak is probably better but harder to find!

http://forums.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=127596

read this for good hammerdin info.

Also... hell dolls are quite literally HELL for a hammerdin i found the best tactic is to bait them then run away while casting! k

5. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

Dolls are the only monsters i still fear with my level 89 hammerdin. I would say it's just normal you can stand them... you probably wont be ever.

Btw, you dont have too since the only thing you want in durance level 2 is actually running and finding level3 the fastest you can...

6. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

I have found that the best thing to do if u want to do meph runs with your pally is to buy a scepter with at least +2 to sanctuary on it. I have a scepter on my hammerdin that gives +3 to sanctuary and with the plus skills blasts all undead (thats what those damn dolls are) back away from me. I found that it really helps and since you never actually kill them,and they never get near you, you can run all the way to lvl 3 with out a problem.

Some one else try it and let me know how it works for you.

7. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

Or you could use azurewrath as a switch weaopon.

8. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Yea, Azurewrath would be ideal but i assumed that he was non ladder and even if he was, azurewrath is kindof exspencive. But you are right, that would be much better. :thumbsup: