New or Old News?

CdMagicFind

Diabloii.Net Member
New or Old News?

You know those "useless" thawing/antidote potions? They seem to add resist too. I never knew this personally, was wondering if anyone else did.

Thawing/antidote potions (to their corresponding cold/poison resist) seem to add 50% resist and lets you go 10% over max for about 30 seconds. As in 85% as the new resist maximum, maybe stacking with other over max resist items.

I did this in classic, but I'm pretty sure it's in Expansion too maybe? Discuss?

As for the use of it, maybe people will notice if you get out of cold/poison too fast in duels, but it's possible to use it as a prebuff. :cool:

Lord Nyax

Banned
Erm...I'd make a comment...but I won't.

Simple answer: Old. :grin:

P.S: Yes, it works in expansion too...it's a fairly well known fact. I know that several PvP guides recommend chugging Thawing or Antidote potions before Blizz Sorc/Poison duels respectively.

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
pretty old news. but note that it's generally considered bad mannered to chug those kind of pots in pvp. but then again what is bm?

anyways when are we gonna trade lol i want that ravenfrost

CdMagicFind

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I thought it would be bm. But most people in pubs are anyway.

Haha, iono, I'm playing classic right now. :eek:

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
aw well pm me or w/ me (my acct on your tradelist) hopefully soon i can get on anytime (sick).

and just so this isn't spam, are you aware you can stack those potions? you can repeatly take them and the duration is longer.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I never knew about this...
Crap.

Would this work in UberTrist to help stack resis for Mephy, or is the duration too little?

CdMagicFind

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can stack duration then just drink like 15 and it should be 7 mins and 30 seconds. Just fill the belt, drink all of it, repeat I guess.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Stacking I wasn't aware of. That could help me tremendously if I time it with something like Energy Shield, Holy Shield, Battle Orders or the like.

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
Chugging a few takes some of the sting out of Duriel whacking you about. You can give them to mercs as well; not a bad idea for Andy.

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm I dunno how much it would help against Uber Mephi, as his attack that usualy wipes you is lightning based. (afaik)

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
He has cold, lightning and poison, two of which are helped by them. You can have 75/35/75/35 and drink a bunch to change to 75/85/75/85. At that point all you need is some absorb and leech.

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
prereq for fighting andariel untwinked with a sorc (antidote that is, i've never used thawing for much)

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member
I usaully dont use the cold ones much, antidote potions though are nice against Andy.

The ones I tend to use alot though are stamina. Its frustrating when you constanly run out when you are at lower levels so I buy as many that I can then cug them all, its like having a stamina shrine for a couple mins, very helpful early on.