New (Old??) duel hack?

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
New (Old??) duel hack?

So, today a BM farcast zon (is there any other kind?) joined a "Fun Duelz" game I was in with a bunch of people. Proceeded to nk, bo kill, juv, etc until we all teamed up on him and killed him.

Nk'd him a few times just for kicks :thumbsup:

He would then leave, rejoin and try the same stuff. It was actually fun after awhile! He would eventually die, get nk'd a few times and then leave, rejoin, blah blah.

Anyway, the last time he joined...he seemed to have some kind of hack. My traps would not target him, yet he could hit me! He was standing in a whole field of my traps and they did not go off!

It couldn't be that we weren't hostile to each other...cause obviously he killed me...and he wasn't standing in town as far as I remember.

anyone seen this before? This was bizarre...

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
So, today a BM farcast zon (is there any other kind?) joined a "Fun Duelz" game I was in with a bunch of people. Proceeded to nk, bo kill, juv, etc until we all teamed up on him and killed him.

Nk'd him a few times just for kicks :thumbsup:

He would then leave, rejoin and try the same stuff. It was actually fun after awhile! He would eventually die, get nk'd a few times and then leave, rejoin, blah blah.

Anyway, the last time he joined...he seemed to have some kind of hack. My traps would not target him, yet he could hit me! He was standing in a whole field of my traps and they did not go off!

It couldn't be that we weren't hostile to each other...cause obviously he killed me...and he wasn't standing in town as far as I remember.

anyone seen this before? This was bizarre...

Any chance you had unhostiled him? That would explain it. Or maybe those weren't your traps, though I imagine you would know if that were the case. Otherwise, it could just be lag.

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
Any chance you had unhostiled him? That would explain it. Or maybe those weren't your traps, though I imagine you would know if that were the case. Otherwise, it could just be lag.
Well, the truth of the matter is I died while looking at the party screen to see, in fact, that I was hostile to him. This is while he was standing in my non-active trap field...

I hadn't considered lag...maybe it just looked like I had laid traps....

But I think not. Every time after the first duel (when he knew I was a trapsin) he bobed and weaved and ran around, trying to get me on screen. The last time (when he appeared to be invisible to my traps) he just ran straight up to me and zapped me. I cast a whole bunch of traps when I saw him charging...to no avail.:tongue:

Dunno. I hope it was lag...otherwise add another hack to the list.

Odd the Quiet

Diabloii.Net Member
I ran across something similar to this with a summon necro.
My friend called me to a game to "check out this tough guy".
When I got there I couldn't target him.
I would put the cursor over him and his name didn't show up.
If I click on him, I would run up and just stand there.

I was a Pheonix Striker at the time, so I didn't have traps, but I doubt they would have been able to target him either.

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
I ran across something similar to this with a summon necro.
My friend called me to a game to "check out this tough guy".
When I got there I couldn't target him.
I would put the cursor over him and his name didn't show up.
If I click on him, I would run up and just stand there.

I was a Pheonix Striker at the time, so I didn't have traps, but I doubt they would have been able to target him either.
well if thats a new hack thats sad.
ppl with no skill whatsoever are gonna trash duel games and say ez pk. it is possible for him to be displaced on the map so you think you see but he is off screen actually?
also these sort of hacks are client only not dll induced so i kind of wonder how would that affect you? I mean even tmc is beatable...

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a much higher chance of it being lag and game not displaying the hostile button exactly as it should to you, than a hack.

There is even a higher chance by some user mistake you were unhostiled to him.

jmsplat

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you get his char or account name by any chance? It would be best if someone followed him and saw what happens in other games

mumba

Banned
Its not a hack guys...This happened to me many times, where some guy hostiles me, starts shooting at me yet I cant trigger him. Then I go into town and hostile him and it solves the problem. It has something to do with either you accidentally unhostileing him and he is still hostile to u.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Musta been a mistake of unhostiness. But if it's a hack, pubs are ruined, since there is no way to counter it...unless you could give monsters to kill them

GaaayPKFccer was slain by zombie....

IMC :grin:

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Musta been a mistake of unhostiness. But if it's a hack, pubs are ruined, since there is no way to counter it...unless you could give monsters to kill them

GaaayPKFccer was slain by zombie....

IMC :grin:
Not sure about not hitting her with ur traps ....but u can use tppk to cast charged strike from over a screen away and theres another program that lets u cast Cs from over 2 screens away.

dangdang

Diabloii.Net Member
*sigh*
It is not a duel hack, it is just a glitch. What I'm about to tell you guys will destroy the secrets of the oldschool 1.09 bowazons.

All a person has to do is to get there character to stand directly on top of a dead persons body, so that their blue cross is alligned above the purple cross. So what does this do? any Missile attacks just zoom through without touching him. Just go up to him/her and melee...

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Another thing that couses this glitch is wwing through party memeber. Then it cant be touched by any missle atack (alltho iirc hammers do dmg and removes this glitch)

jesterlolz

Diabloii.Net Member
All a person has to do is to get there character to stand directly on top of a dead persons body, so that their blue cross is alligned above the purple cross. So what does this do? any Missile attacks just zoom through without touching him. Just go up to him/her and melee...
This glitch was fixed a while ago. Also, Josiphos said the zon charged directly at him, therefore he must have been moving, making the dead body trick no longer work.

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
This glitch was fixed a while ago. Also, Josiphos said the zon charged directly at him, therefore he must have been moving, making the dead body trick no longer work.
Wow. Old post of mine getting some traffic.

Anyways, he did charge right at me. It seemed like he knew that I would be unable to kill him, since the previous 3 times I got him he was dodging traps and trying to get me on the screen so he could FC me.

The last time he just ran up and got me while I was sitting in a trap field. Zapped me once, I ran bewildered away...wondering why my traps didnt go off...went to the party screen to see if I was unhostiled (I wasn't) and then I was dead.

I left the game after that, seeing as I had NK'd him a bunch and he was going to return the favor. Didn't get his acc name. But, I haven't seen any hack like it in any game since then...so it makes me think that it was either something messed up with servers, etc or something very unique and unknown to most.

Either way, normal pubs seem to be safe (as much as they ever were)