Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New necros who call names...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by somewhatdamaged99, Feb 13, 2004.

1. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

New necros who call names...

Hi All,

Well i was alone in a game on act 5 just questing (game was Act5 Join) and i was exping (at lvl 87 lol) when a lvl 79 necromancer joins. I say hi and try and get chatting, asking about his build etc. He says he has maxed revive, and amp damage and some other questionable skill point allocations. I politely advise that he would have been better off maxing skeletons and mastery, as maxing revives is not hell viable. He proclaims to have completed hell alone, yet also asks me for all waypoints...
    He asks me what build i am , so i say poison necro, to which he replies 'lol, psn necro suxx'

So, i tell him i am using bramble, deaths web etc and he laughs saying he has never heard of them and they suxx (?). He then HOSTILES me!!! ROFL and says he is going to pwn me and prove poison suxx and revives are 'da bomb'

So it goes like this

1. We meet in blood Moor
    2. He has about 30 revives!
    3. I am on my own, no golem or anything
    4. Revives swarm all around me
    5. My first 15k poison nova kills all revives.
    6. My second nova kills him.
    7. He calls me 'n00b haxxor and leaves game'
    8. I nearly wet my pants laughing.

oh these people who have never played (or did not have skill to play...) necro before 1.10 and think they own everyone. makes me chuckle.

just some light entertainment for my fellow necromancers

Somewhatdamaged

2. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

That's pretty funnny. :lol:

I had a sequence of funny little coincidences during the course of my Baal runs today with my now level 78 bonemancer. I make the games, tele to the throne, etc, and am pretty quick for a guy that doesn't use any third party software *cough mh cough*, fairly reliable and all. However, there were three seperate instances where either I or the party was barked at, insulted, or spammed (profane/unnecessary), by three seperate necros that all had the word "bone" in context to their names. Three necs, three "boners", all rude and moronic, and each one seperated by about 5-10 runs.

The first one gave me, and the nice people that had stuck with me for many runs, a good chuckle, by the third one we were in stitches. (I bet he wondered why we weren't all scared of him and laughed harder in his face than he might've been used to. ;) )

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

See here the downfall of our beloved class.

4. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

The lvl 79 Revivemancer is no gentleman, but I disagree with your guys' point of view. I'm always nice to beginners. In one Hell game, it was Act 2 for ammy. I was helping a lvl 56 pally. A unique item dropped and I told the pally to pick it up. He couldn't find the unique because he didn't know what unique items looked like. I explained everything to him in full details. It was a good game.

5. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I had a great eperience the other day. I was popping into a norm game and transfering some gear to my mule... I know... rude right... well anyway after I was done I stuck around a lil to chat with the players. 1 sorc and 1 necro... they were partied up and working on act 3.

I ususally give patient people a little trinket for puttin up with me popping in and out of their games... so I traveled to kurast and offered them their gift. The sorc was easy a nice low lvl circlet with +1 all sorc skills and good resists on it. Then necro was a bit harder... I had to first assertain what build he was going for. He was a lvl 34 necro and talking with him he said he was a summoner. "Cool" I thought. I pulled out a +3 Skeleton mastery/+2 summon resist head and gave it to him.... HE STARTED COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW IT SUCKED. Keeping a cool head I asked him why he thought it sucked.... he retorted that skellies were not viable in hell, and revives were the way to go... I chuckled. I tried to argue the merits of skelliemancers but he wasn't buying it.

The conversation wasn't rude in any way so I stuck around and helped him beat trav and meph for the sorc wanted to be rushed through act 3. I assumed that at that point the necro in this game was trying to rush with his meager revives... I told both of them that I would finish up their rush with my necro. They agreed.

I popped out and grabbed my lvl 83 summoner and popped back in... I guess in the meantime the sorc got timed out... We waited for a while for her to return but she didn't... we started talking about MF. I saw my opportunity to win this guy over to skellimancing and still be a hero. I told him I would don full MF gear and still own Diablo and Baal and we could beat them in less than 20 min. He laughed and said it was impossible when I told him I would use only skellie warriors, no mages or revives. But he agreed to tagg along when I said he could Keep all the drops. (greedy lil punk)

Well we set off. River of Flame.

Merc Slayed a couple of stranglers and I buffered my first 10 skellies with my "killing gear" then I did my equipment switch. Basically just replacing my Arm of Leoric with a Gull. The rest of my gear was already MF ready. I RAN to chaos sanctuary and oddly enough the trailing skellies dropped monsters in one hit as they fought and followed... The other necro was saying things like "holy S**t" and stuff. Then in sanctuary I zipped around clearing out the monsters 1 corpse, CE, CE, CE cleared and move on.... The last seal was broken and this guy was starting to come around. I rushed to Middle of screen there was a lag so I got there before Diablo even spoke. needless to say Diablo dropped so fast it was like he didn't even spawn...

We didn't even go on to baal, cuz once we got to Harrogath he started asking the questions... what gear, what skills, etc.... I showed him my stuff. Not elite but good, and I was able to "convert" this "newbies" thinking. I told him about this forum and other merits of summoners. In all one guy was enlightened and I think we struck a blow for necro relations that game.

Just a positive experience I wanted to share. :teeth:

6. pliu

pliu Banned

Cool story :clap: one question here : how to keep your skeletons alive when they were Iron maiden. My necro's skeletons died very fast when they curse by iron maiden.

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Well done Peacrusher :) ... a charming story that made my day.

8. Mad Mantis

Beautiful. :hanky:

9. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

man your a lot nicer than i would have been pea

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Sometimes it's really tough trying to convert "the noobular nation" because they know everything about everything....even after just having mommy buy the game that day for them.

Sometimes, it's a matter of proving it to them when you say that you can do hell solo...and onlty have problems with gloams and the realitives in acts 4 and 5. Then they want to see it, and get a hell rush out of it also.

Too bad my Venommancer really sucks....I get asked all the time for help with hell by one friend every time he needs it...because I do suck so bad with it.

HoS

11. Lyte_Hammer

yeah i try to help when i can but when the people start arguing reagardless of the lack of any valid points...... i just let them die..... i just figure that eventually they will figure out what works and what doesn't or just leave the necro class alone..... either way i'm happy

12. HarbingersOfSkulls

I like it when they hostile you, and cry like a baby when your Poison kills them..and all you was doing was helping them.

Go figure, people like that makes you to want to take their money...and let them glue their ear back on.

HoS

13. Lyte_Hammer

naw my favorite part is how even though their 1337 build is no match for your flawed one your still the one thats wrong

14. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Hahaha!
    Havent seen that happen yet :D
    Usually ppl are happy when a high lvl necro offers some help. Well maybe thats why wars etc. crap begins in a real world.

Ppl hostiles other ppl who are just trying to help ;)

15. HarbingersOfSkulls

Today, was helping a group with norm andy...3 claimed I was lagging them...and they got mad at me cuz I was a necro(and didn't use my skeletons) and was only using the Venom part of my Venomancer/Summoner.

Well, when your party has a average level of only level 6, and your at 85...what do you do?

I left the group...killed andy with 1 PN and told them that they lagged me...and left.

HoS

16. Mad Mantis

Nice one. :thumbsup:

17. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

heheheh, i was doin the same yesterday
    level 45 skelemancer, equip: homunculus, vipermagi, tarnhelm, arm of king leoric, +3 summon amu which brings my skele mastery and raise skele to lvl 32
    but then i had 10 x summon skiller to take up to 42 which is pretty damn good when youre only level 45..
    So im levellin in nm baalruns and some lvl 60 pala hostiles me so i asked him what the point in that was and he said its cause he thought necros were nub and the skeles cant kill anything, i laughed and soon killed him in the face with my sexah army (FOH/zeal pala) didnt manage to hurt me or kill any of my skeles so he comes back with a lvl 84 trapsin who is very fast but i got my skeles to round her up and she was also toast :)

SKELE POWARR :yep:

18. Lyte_Hammer

yeah who knows maybe one day people will actually learn that necros can kick your *** if they really want to and they'll stop messin with us and just stand back and watch like they should

19. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

You both deserve these :winner: :winner:

The only n00b necros I get sick of is elitist bonamancers who are actually convert zons.

"MY NEXRO DOS so and so DAMAAGE"

Theres been a newb or two who has stated things such as they were maxing revives because it was the only way to get through hell. I try to school them otherwise, but they don't trust me. "HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS?" they ask, I reply because I talk with other necro players, and I have experience on my own, and he just ignores me....ah well...as lyte_hammer basically said, the weak die off to make room for the strong.

20. HarbingersOfSkulls

It's not the weak that we need to worry about...but the sssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttoooooooooooooo-ooooooooooopppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddd ones.

HoS