New Necro Question. MoM w BSpr or BSprit

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
New Necro Question. MoM w BSpr or BSprit

I'm not too experienced with Necros, but I found a pair of Marrowalks a few weeks ago so...

I'm making a Jailkeeper/Master of Mages type build. So far I have max Skele Mages. I was wondering if Max CE and Max Skele Mastery is necessary? The reason being, I want to Max either Bone Spirit or Bone Spear. This leads to my question: Which bone spell should I max, and does it need synergies since I have the Marrowalk boots? This will let me know if I have left over skill points for Skele Mastery and CE. For fun I was thinking Max Teeth and Spirit (they synergize, right?) Then Max skeleMages with Max mastery ... leaving just enough points for 1 CE and curses/prereqs etc.

I want to kill fast in Hell, solo Baal, and run the Pit with ease. I'm only interested in PvM. Please help me if I'm being stupid. Thanks!

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sorry, I thought it was implied with talking about the Marrowalks I found. That ends up with a level 33 bone prison for the "jail keeping". Thanks for the info about the Mastery...

Still wondering, will MAX Bone Spirit with MAX Teeth do decent damage in Hell? Since my mages will likely die early on in a fight with bosses like Diablo, will I be able to kill him with that Bone Spirit? Thanks again.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Highball said:
I'm sorry, I thought it was implied with talking about the Marrowalks I found.
Nah, Jailkeeper = Necro that uses bone prison to control crowds. This technically can be done with only using charges from your boots, but that could be quite costy.

Highball said:
Still wondering, will MAX Bone Spirit with MAX Teeth do decent damage in Hell? Since my mages will likely die early on in a fight with bosses like Diablo, will I be able to kill him with that Bone Spirit? Thanks again.
It could be, but it'd be rather slow going (hell). With spirit maxed you would only achive at most 1.5k damage with only the lvl 33 synergy, but probably more likely around 500-1k range. Teeth won't do much but stagger the regeneration rates of monsters in this situation.

You're best off hiring a good merc with crushing blow and using your curses + clay golem to control the boss while the merc eats his life away.

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, so the Marrowalks aren't good for being a Jailkeeper, sounds like. Should I then Max Bone wall, bone spirit, and teeth? Seems like the synergies from lvl33 prison could make this powerful. I already maxed Mages, so I'm stuck with it, but then I guess I could be a Wall casting jailkeeper/LoM ... or am I just being silly?

Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks again!

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
For PvM, Bonespear is the most all-around effective since it goes through targets to hit whatever is behind them and it does comparable damage to Spirit if you have a White Wand made from a +3 bonespear wand.

vagrantrogue

Diabloii.Net Member
Highball said:
Ok, so the Marrowalks aren't good for being a Jailkeeper, sounds like. Should I then Max Bone wall, bone spirit, and teeth? Seems like the synergies from lvl33 prison could make this powerful. I already maxed Mages, so I'm stuck with it, but then I guess I could be a Wall casting jailkeeper/LoM ... or am I just being silly?

Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks again!
why not max bone spear instead of teeth?

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
why not max bone spear instead of teeth?
Well I was thinking of using it just for the synergy to Bone Spirit, which is the same. Also, if I had occasion to use it, maxed teeth just looks cool.

For PvM, Bonespear is the most all-around effective since it goes through targets to hit whatever is behind them and it does comparable damage to Spirit if you have a White Wand made from a +3 bonespear wand.
I'm not sure what a "White Wand" is or how to make one.

Can my Mages shoot over the bone Walls like they do the Prison, and are they going to be effective anyways since I can't max Skele Mastery along with all those bone skills? Am I just heading to another hybrid build that peters out in hell and becomes worthless? And on a side note, what is the best build to take advantage of the Marrowalks I found? I guess I could build another necro. I just love the idea of an effective LoM, and was hoping these boots would be the key to my dreams. :lol:

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
White Wand is a runeword. You can find it here.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

All it requires is a Dol + Io rune. It gives +3 to PNB and +2 to bonespear. With a +3 Bonespear wand shopped from Drognan in Act 2 normal that gets up to +8 total. The problem is, switching over from AoKL will cause you to lose some mages, although you can still prebuff with it to keep them strong. With all this focus on the bone skills though, you might want to consider a skeleton/bone hybrid. Losing a few skeletons is no big deal in that build since they function primarily as meat shields anyway. If you're set on mages I would just look at the bone magic as supplemental.

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the great info guys, I really appreciate it. Does anybody know how expensive it is to repair the charges on those boots? Maybe I could do something like this:

17 Mages (this is what I have already)
20 Skele Mastery
10 Bone Wall
20 Teeth
20 Bone Spirit

That leaves me some left over for 1 CE, one each Curses, etc.

Plan of Attack:

Cast several bone walls (or prisons if I can afford it), let mages go to town while spamming Bone spirits, then cast CE when appropriate.

For bosses, just keep a Clay Golem up with my Merc and spam Spirit like crazy. Maybe cast a prison? Would it be strong enough? Am I crazy?

vagrantrogue

Diabloii.Net Member
Highball said:
Thanks for the great info guys, I really appreciate it. Does anybody know how expensive it is to repair the charges on those boots? Maybe I could do something like this:

17 Mages (this is what I have already)
20 Skele Mastery
10 Bone Wall
20 Teeth
20 Bone Spirit

That leaves me some left over for 1 CE, one each Curses, etc.

Plan of Attack:

Cast several bone walls (or prisons if I can afford it), let mages go to town while spamming Bone spirits, then cast CE when appropriate.

For bosses, just keep a Clay Golem up with my Merc and spam Spirit like crazy. Maybe cast a prison? Would it be strong enough? Am I crazy?

if possible, get the decrepify skill, whether through shield/wand or adding a skill point into it. it should make bosses easier to take down.

[edit] woops...i guess i didnt read close enough. 1 into curses is good =]

Highball

Diabloii.Net Member
Has anybody made a build like this before, or even something similar?

I don't think I've even run into a LoM in-game...who has a Mage based necro, and what did you do with your skills?

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member