Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new necro player

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ninjainpants, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ninjainpants

ninjainpants IncGamers Member

new necro player

I am going to start my first necro on the ladder and will probably be soloing most the time. I was wondering what build is best for PvM while soloing.

2. richo

richo IncGamers Member

try a bone/summoner (mine works very well) use dracoy his strategy on the top of forums is a thread stickied with strategies

rgzzz
    RICHO

3. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

A fishymancer (check sticky) works well too. If you want an inexpensive magic find necro to build up your wealth, check out batuchka's guide.

-Gix

4. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Dear ninjainpants,

Welcome to the Necromancer Forum. Feel free to raise a few skeletons and grab a brew. :drink:

There, with MM's patented greeting out of the way (note I give my references!), I would strongly suggest a summoner. Maximize Skeleton Warrior and Skeleton Mastery first with a few points in some of the curses to start you off.

So take two rejuves and call me in the morning. :thumbsup:

-Patsy
    "My hovercraft is full of eels!"

5. The Wikt

The Wikt IncGamers Member

For the start, the easiest and most fun Necromancer to play is, as the others said already, a Fishy/Skelemancer. (Names for the same thing.)

20 RS, 20 SM, 1 into rest of Summoning 'cept Fire Golem, 1 into Decrep and prereqs, 20 CE, 1 Teeth for prereq, and that's all.

He works great, I have one that's a Lv85 Patriarch on nonladder. But on Hell he might be a bit slow in killing. (IF you don't use CE..)

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Will you be playing twinked or untwinked? With a typical skeleton summoner, there are some things you're going to want to look out for like trying to take on Diablo in normal without the summon resists skill. There are plenty of hybrids that work great with just 1/20 in skeleton mastery/raise skeleton like the Bone and poison hybrids.

Even with a somewhat twinked skellimancer, a well equipped merc will still tend to get the first kills and after that corpse explode does all the real damage. For un or mildly twinked I might recommend the bone/skeleton hybrid. It's only with expensive aura gear that skeletons really start to beat your merc to the kills.