Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new necro pk??? trigger??

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by stemis516, Mar 26, 2004.

1. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

new necro pk??? trigger??

well this could be old news but it is new to me and i want an explanation

i was hell baaling and this necro all of a sudden, tps real fast, hostiles and then somehow corpse explodes the whole area...he killed about 4 in the game and my lvl 91 almost bit the dust, came out with 120 life

my question is...how??? and is it legit, a bug, or a hack???

id appreciaet any explanation so i can avoid this in the future

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Maybe the corpse explosion effect was just the same one that goes on after every wave of minions is killed, and he was just using bone spirit tppk?

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You're not gonna kill 4 ppl at once tppk-ing with BS...

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

If they're standing close together, and he's got 1k pvp on his BS it's possible he'd kill a few, stemis did say "about 4"...still not exactly likely, but possible.

5. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

well i took a screen shot, and 3 died and my life was way down

not to mention a few others who were close to death when i was talking to them after the experience...and i didnt see any bone spirits but i could be wrong....i just heard the hostile and then massive corpse explosions

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Ok, I caught wind of this last night in a public game so i cant back it so take it as rumor.

Supposedly some Necro Hostiled and still came thru another persons portal to get a kill!

Now, and first thought i was like "no way" but with the existing WP bug being able to bypass the timer I am wondering if these freaks figured out how to execute a portal Entry before hitting hostile in the same way.

If this is possible then it is very possible a Necro could come thru and CE a bunch of stuff also thus giving us a "roaming 1.09 Nithlak".

Remember, this is simply what I heard, I didnt see it nor know anyone that has!

7. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

Well this is great news....More hacks...*sigh*
    A necro in act 5 baal runs in hell could do some major dmg with the life the some of those monsters have. Guess ill have to start watching necros in games now...

8. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

2 days ago I joined a hell diablo game with my lvl 85 strafezon. At a seal location, I was hostiled and my life drop from 1300 to 270 in an instant. I just alt-f4 immediately. I was unable to find that same game and thus never found out what char hostiled me. By common sense, it is likely to be a BS necro. But I really did not see any BS flying. Maybe due to the frozen orbs everywhere, the frame rate is low.

9. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

What STINGER said sounds kind of likely when I think about it. Sad, but likely. As he said, it's not supposed to be possible to go through WPs until the 10 sec are done. People do it. This seem kind of similar. *Gulp*

10. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

necros will soon be the hydra sorce. Nobody will play with them unless one knows them.

11. Leandro666

Leandro666 IncGamers Member

i saw a necro called yoursonwilldie or something like that, lvl 81, killing a lvl 97 zon... he said he was using a new trigger

12. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

Thats great...:(
    Bearcub is probably right, no one will want to play with necros, unless they are a close friends.

13. g1mpy

g1mpy IncGamers Member

it might be a bone spirit, even if none is seen, invisible bone spirit isnt too hard to do, then when a necro loaded with fcr and high bone spirit trigger pks, that could be why so many people die so quickly.

14. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

lol there is no trigger, bs works like hammers. spam tp hostile gg ear. Bonecros are the new hydra sorcs/trigger zons. Watch out Ibongxxx lvl 90 bonecro trigger.

15. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

Okay... there's no trigger but we should watch out for trigger.

Thanks.

Anyway, this probably requires a hack (the no-entering a tp blah blah has been going on forever, so someone would have discovered it and abused it more readily by now).

And yea, Corpse Explosion would be the most lethal one. 60-100% of a 10k monster's gonna hurt. Even after near-fire immunity and 50% DR, you're looking at 250 damage/corpse (assuming PvP applies).

If you don't have 50 DR and only have say 50% Fire Resists, you're looking at 750 per corpse to everyone on the screen. 3 corpses would knock out a room, especially if the person's friend (the one with the tp) was a barb and reset everyone's BO to level 1 an instant before.

Of course, I really didn't have to do the math to show that a guy with a hack is pretty damn lethal.

Be sure to use up the corpses before (hork them or whatever as soon as they drop in baal games).

16. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Well, I just got some first hand experience of bone spirit tppk.

For the first time in about 2 yrs, I got pked by Papa_Boner on USWest.
    84 hammerdin dead. 3K life gone in 2 or 3 bone spirits. Very fast. Less than 1 second. I think was triggerhack.
    That'll teach me for helping ppl kill diablo...

17. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I think it's probably a good thing to read the original post thoroughly. Say what you want but even with Morrow walk and a crapload of charms etc, there is no reasonable way a TP BS necro could kill 4, almost 5 people in one attempt. I'd bet alot more on that someone dicovered a way to get through the TP after hostile. Similar to the wp timer exploit.

With a PvP penalty at 1/6, even with +20 to skills from items and Morrow walk, the BS PvP dam end up at about 730. He must have gotten off at least two or three of those for every player down there. That's almost 15 BS, each of them hitting the "right" target (the BS aimed at a player that dies does not seek a new target). I say that's very unlikely. It's alot more likely that there is a new tp/hostile exploit out. And if so, what place could be better to use it for a Necro than the TOD, with all the high HP corpses?

18. JRedGiant

JRedGiant IncGamers Member

Well that's just great

Well that's just great. I finally decide to try hardcore. I've always worried I'd just end up crapping out everything I found but I finally got some confidence in the skellimancer build that I could actually survive in hardcore. And just when I was really looking forward to the fabled "more cooperative play" of hardcore, I learn that some jerks use the class to pk people with a hack, so now I'm going to be shunned. And I don't even plan on pointing bone spirit...

Sometimes I just want to say "screw D2, I'm going back to Pong."

19. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

No, people will just have to warily play with you for about 20 minutes before they say, "Please don't go if you leave we can't do anything". Trust me, people aren't going to start hating skellymancers anytime soon. Peanutbutter necros are a different story.

20. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

Talk about missing mancers. :)