Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new MP group! sign up for 'band of sisters'

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Feb 5, 2004.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

new MP group! sign up for 'band of sisters'

since ive realised that as long as we dont have to many fishys or i'm hosting, lag isnt to bad with a 56k most of the time. so i want to start up a MP group from lvl 1.
    few rules:
    • no dueling unless everyone in game agrees
    • will be softcore as i still fear lag, as do many
    • will be untwinked
    • will be fun. or else....
    now, the basic setup i have in mind goes a little like this. all female charcters, and a pally (lucky palladin!). it's more of a co-incidience than a feature.
    2 lightning sorc (just lightning to max synergies)
    2 cold sorc (as above)
    2 fire sorc (as above above)
    1 pally with suitable aura, melee
    1 assassin, melee

so far i have booked a cold sorc for me, ravenforce3 has a fire sorc (athough if you like you can change to a lightnign one, but we have to have at least 1 of each first raven, i know you wanted lightning) and perfectionist89 has a lightning sorc.
    any of the other spaces are up for grabs.

we will mostly play at weekends and so far ravenforce has said he can host games. im in england, so to make it easier times will be in GMT and mostly evening. so for central time thats -5:00GMT, so make sure you will be available as much as possible around 6pm-1am GMT at weekends. we dont have to have many people online to play, we will be questing and lvlign for most of the time. future times will be posted in a thread (either this one ro another i make when it starts and i have a good name for the group.) and PMed if you want.
    PM me if you want to join, starting from scratch. if you want to try a build not on my list, pm me and i'll see if it can replace anything.
    i think i included everything here...

2. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

wOOt wOOt im in!!

GMT is only -1h swedish time (IIRC) so that will be fine.

Some weekends im working around that time but mostly not, and if i miss some sessions i would just ask how far u got and make sure im at the same place for next session.

i would like to be the assy but could be anything else if someone else would rather be assy

though i don´t see why the assy would go melee? we will have enough tanks from mercs?

3. DuesNox

DuesNox IncGamers Member

im in but i don't understand the -5 central. Does that mean your time minus 5 hours is my time?

anyway if i understand that correctly i would proudely be a palidan. No idea what build though.

4. csarmi

csarmi Banned

What's the fun in this? The group will just run through the game too fast, without any considerable resistance.

I mean, what about making a weaker team either by having less players (easier to organize anyways) or by picking up less powerful characters?

Or making it hardcore at least?

5. SnakeEye85

if this would be hc then im out, looing one in the team halfway wouldn´t be fun.

Choosing less weaker chars, well i don´t know. But i would love to se some other builds though..

for example a bonecaster necro(lower resist would be nice for the group, trapsin(as i said before), wind/fire druid (their oaksage would be awesome for the group)

i´d like to play whatever builds we choose but ultimately i would play a bonecaster or a trapsin.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

its not that there would be enough tanks, but you have 6 highy synergizied sorcs providing all kinds of elemantal dmg except poison. you dont need more than that. and a kicksin can do incrediable physical dmg.
    csarmi, i would go HC, i woudl like to infact, but with dial up conenction and many people wih mercs and mosnters, that can be alot of lag. if i'm going to die, its not goign to be because of lag.
    and i said if anybody has any otehr build suggestions, strong or weak, i'd consider them.
    of course, if you do have 1 or 2 weaker but more challenging builds, they will never kill because of the stronger ones, so it would mean everyone is either strong or weak. its difficult to have a bit of both and still be fair.
    and the time snake is as you think. central tiem is 5 hours behind me.
    and i suppose i coudl limit it to 1 sorc of each kind, givng us 5 people. would everyone be happy with this?

7. csarmi

csarmi Banned

There is no way you could die in a group like this. Monsters are dead the second they enter the screen. :)

But if you really want to be safe, what about one more paladin (instead of the trapsin for example) charged by healing and defending the others.

8. SnakeEye85

ok so will you consider either a trapsin or a bonecaster?

9. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

A suggestion:

3 Sorcs, limit the Sorc spell level to 24(no masteries), have the Paladin be a cleric (no conviction), the Assassin be a trapper, the Necromancer be a bonemancer with no LR, an elemental Druid, and a War Cry barbarian. No cookie cutter builds, not lowered resists, etc. If we have a cleric, I'd consider hardcore.

If we do the above, I'll play anything but the trapper. Count me in, I can host.

10. Case_ofLogic

Case_ofLogic IncGamers Member

I'd really like to do a fire sorc, possibly hydra as main skill if that would be possible... I could also put points in enchant to benefit the group mercs...... if I can't do Hydra I will do another type of fire sorc though

11. perfectionist89

perfectionist89 IncGamers Member

im already part of this mp group! yay! we can figure out time differences and all that stuff later, we're just looking for ppl who are interested! so post if u wanna join lol!
    also, ive decided that since a couple of ppl wanted to be the lightning sorc, i will be a cold sorc so everyone's happy! :D

another edit lol! i think having 2 pallys would be a cool idea, a cleric build would be an interesting addition.......but then there would be too many ppl..............hm..........maybe, we could decrease the number of sorcs to 3 or drop the assassin, but i dunno, i want it to be fun for everyone so ust post what u think and ur ideas

12. Liter Soul

Sorceresses: 1 of each tree (Sorceress spell level limited to 24)
    Paladin: Cleric (No Offensive Auras)
    Assassin: Trapper
    Necromancer: Bonemancer (No Lower Resist)
    Druid: Elemental
    Barbarian: Bard

-or-

Sorceresses: 2 of each tree (No Sorc spell limit, but main skill must be level 18 or lower)
    Paladin: Cleric (No Offensive Auras)
    Assassin: Trap/Shadow skills

Yes/No/Maybe? I agree that it should be fun, but I also agree never dying or having a challenge is no fun. I'd like a challenge.

13. Case_ofLogic

Case_ofLogic IncGamers Member

That sounds good but I really wanted to make a hydra sorc :( Could that be an exception since Hydra isn't a super powerful spell or anything?

14. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

HOLD IT, HOLD IT, HOLD IT!

All right, break it up. This isn't about the challange! I agreed to both join AND host on a regular basis because I was under the impression it was going to be FUN. However, If you want to limit everything and make it HC, then I'm out. Playing all these challanging builds together is not what I signed up for. In fact, I signed up to play with three sorceresses. The fact that you are adding Bards and the like completely takes the fun out of it for me. Csarmi, if you fail to see the fun in this then DON'T JOIN UP. Simple as that. I don't see why you think you have to blackball Bob's idea because it's not "fun" for you.

Again, if things persist to go on like this, you are going to lose a VERY stable and reliable hosting engine. I will not have people trying to change what I make. Your rules do not amuse me. I WILL MAKE MY SORC ACCORDING TO MY OWN RULES AND THAT'S FINAL.

I apologize if this looks like a flame post, but it appears to me that you have taken Bob's idea and gone in a direction he never intended it to go.

15. IntoTheSky

IntoTheSky IncGamers Member

I'd love to play with you guys nova is my favorite spell :O maybe maxed nova lightening mastery and thunder strike or whatever its called :)

16. Liter Soul

Raven, I was under the impression this wasn't set in stone and he was asking for opinions, and there seemed to be some debate about the difficulty and fun level. I was making a suggestion, not blackballing Bob's idea. I like the idea, I just thought that there was some controversy over the specifics. Have fun guys. I'm out.

17. perfectionist89

perfectionist89 IncGamers Member

hm............ as always the point of this group is, first and foremost, fun. i personally, do not want to do this HC, but regardless, a challenge is important in a game, however, if no one can enjoy it, because it was designed SPECIFICALLY to be out of the ordinary, then it's kind of self-defeating isn't it?

just to state my opinion, i like the original idea, 3/6 sorc with maxed masteries and synergies, with a pally for conviction and phys support

hopefully, this hasn't scared anyone off! ;)
    anyone still interested can post/pm me or farting bob i suppose, (probably better to pm farting bob b/c this was hid idea, but w/e, i dont mind)

18. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I'm be in as anything, if it's 1.10 and if there's still some place. :lol: [email protected] if you need me.

I'd be interested in the Way Cry barb if anyone want.

19. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

I'll be the Paladin. I can go standard Avenger build to use conviction to boost the sorc's spells and make it easier for the assassin to hit :xmad:

Central is 5 hours behind.. so Eastern is 4 right? Should be doable I think.

20. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I'm in as the Assassin. I haven't played a trapper yet, and am VERY excited about one. And 6pm-1am GMT is 1pm-8pm central? I can do it every weekend, but I work 5-12 every other sunday, but I think that'll be just fine.

I vote for no restrictions on characters, except for going untwinked or items found in the game by anyone.

I can also host.

crg