Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New ladder season economy question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ishukone, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Ishukone

Ishukone IncGamers Member

New ladder season economy question

I returned to D2 a little over a month ago, so this past ladder season was a little short for me to accomplish my goals, i.e. a key running/MFing Sorc and a Trist capable (solo) Paladin. I also only traded for the first time, and thanks to the trade forums and auctioneers here was able to very decently equip the 3 chars I decided to play, for what I thought were quite reasonable prices.

I'm actually kind of pumped for the new ladder since I won't be so far behind everyone else, but I imagine decent gear is going to be very expensive early on. Or is it? Seeing as most people won't have stashes full of runes to trade for them, I could see a lot of item for item type trades. Could one of you ladder/trade vets enlighten me as to what I should be targeting early on for building the wealth necessary to accomplish my goals? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

Re: New ladder season economy question

If they fix the botting problem, that might be the case. It sure would be nice. If bots are still as rampant as they are now... you'll have maybe a week of normal fair play and trading :\

3. redground

redground IncGamers Member

The bots wont be fixed, there will always be a new way to cheat.

Importante thing to notice is that Sorc MF Gear will worth a lot in the beginning (Shako, Occy, Tals, etc..) Puls, Ums and Ists migh have more value than they have now. On older ladders a ist was worth as much as a ber, it all depends on how constant are the dupes and bots. There was one ladder some years ago that a Mal was considered a HR.

4. Trionth

Trionth IncGamers Member

USWest NL
    Ist=Jah=Ber...
    Mal is a HR, but sometimes Gul isn't (depending upon the trade)

5. redground

redground IncGamers Member

My mistake. I meant that a Mal was worth the same as Lo, Jah, Ber and etc..

6. Ishukone

Ishukone IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies.

I kind of figured Sorc/Pally gear in general would be expensive, but it's good to know about the mid runes. I had planned some "alone" time with the Countess, but maybe she'll be worth running a bit more than I planned. I usually have zero luck MFing stuff I actually need, so going for runes and trading may work better. For example, I swore when I restarted I would not make yet another LF Javazon (although nuking Carver camps never gets old), so what's the first decent Unique drop I get? a 198% ED Titan's, of course.

7. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

I managed to make a pretty nice basic javazon super early after the reset off of my rune findings from the countess, nm then hell. Sols and amns were in pretty high demand :)