Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New ladder player with some questions...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Jaster83, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Jaster83

Jaster83 IncGamers Member

New ladder player with some questions...

I'm a new ladder player and I was wondering what the best build was to use for mfing and rune hunting using cheap/crap items until I'm a bit richer.

Also, on a different note, can someone tell me about how much energy i should have for a hammerdin? and um, can you tell me how much without godly gear as well as with godly gear?

thanks
    --Jaster

2. Hypofluoro

Hypofluoro IncGamers Member

Hop over to the paladin forums to answer your question. For a hammerdin, you should put 0 points into energy.

As for the first question...how about this new idea I was thinking of: Everyone finds their own equipment and experiments to find the best. Why follow what everyone says. Use what works best for you. Is a certain item the best becasue people are lead to believe it is, or is it the best item because it works best for your character. We can all buil cookie-cutter builds, but can you make them work!

3. Jaster83

Jaster83 IncGamers Member

Anyone got something other than a non-answer for me?
    Hypo, if all you're going to do is not answer my question then don't even respond to it, though I do appreciate your answer to the second question.

--Jaster

4. PiscesIscariot

PiscesIscariot Banned

jesus, he was just trying to help you.

don't be so ungrateful.

5. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

With or without godly gear try to put 0 into energy, as you will need max vitality to stay alive. For beginningl adder, I would work on resists mostly, tryingto find rare boots/gloves with decent mods and resists.

Once you hit level 30 or so, gamble circlets until you find soemthing good with hopefully plus paladin skills, resists and magic find. (Good luck though)

After you find a good circlet, look over you character and gamble wahtever you most need (though i would not gamble rings or ammys as it is too expensive. Plus even magic rings can be good. Look ofr ones with faster cast or mana, mostly, though Mf is good of coruse.

And rememberthe maxim, The best MFing is realted to killing speed. Don't sacrifice killing speed for a few points to %MF

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

You can always begin with a trap assa - she can deal with everything in normal/NM practically naken. Give her p-topazed helm and armour and play game - finally you must find some good items or enough p-gems to trade for them. A tesla pally works as well - you can buy his weapon from merchants - it must be fast and have + hs. People say that hammerdin works wonder - I know nothing about it - just check pally forum.