New Ladder Melee Build

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: New Ladder Melee Build

True ribby is way cheaper and true that zealer and fury druid would be much cheaper. But im sick of pallys. Over 90% of d2's community is filled with pallys and sorcs and plus they are boring characters too.
How is this a reason to not use a druid?

What I was saying is looking for any rare axes that can be upped to ba. you should find a 40 ias war axe or naga and you can up it to ba. But the war axe will have to be double upped. The 40 ias on a war axe or naga should not be hard to get if you keep searching.
So there's a pretty good chance you're going to need 2 ums, right? You can make an Oath with that.

As I said before, rare axes with 40% ias and good damage are very, very rare. Your only response was "Then self find them." :rolleyes: Is low damage not a problem?

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member

How is this a reason to not use a druid?

So there's a pretty good chance you're going to need 2 ums, right? You can make an Oath with that.

As I said before, rare axes with 40% ias and good damage are very, very rare. Your only response was "Then self find them." :rolleyes: Is low damage not a problem?
Well depends on luck. You could prolly get decent damage axes. Just keep farming nightmare if you have to.

alphaz

Diabloii.Net Member

I hope I find one or two eth repair cruel fool of quickness war axes. Heck even a similar mod on a war spike will do.... or similar kris and crystal sword.

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member

If you are beginning then you can use other weapons for a ww barb then respec once you get what you need.

alphaz

Diabloii.Net Member

a decent damage rare axe like you described could be sold for nice nerd coins and then you can forget mfing. lulz

skullvomit

Diabloii.Net Member

I would make kicker for 1st melee build. Resistances from fade and with an Um invested, static field from Crecent Moon for quicker kills. Lay death centries and everyone dies. Pick up the items. For area clearing mostly. Lots of PvP respec options for the future, too.

edit: after been in Hell collecting the good stuff you'd have UT runner as well.

And for the axe hunt (to get decent dmg), takes too long time when with different char you'd be in Hell getting goodies rather than in NM "bashing barrels".

Last edited:

DH Amazon

Diabloii.Net Member

I would make kicker for 1st melee build.
2nd vote for assa. I make kicker(trapper hybrid) for my 1st and only melee char for next ladder.

She can do UT/Dclone just fine and she is very good at collecting dkeys too.
No PI problems and she is one of the fastest chars to exp those early levels (~120 fire blast damage at lvl 20).

Doppel

Banned

You can get some of the upper-end gear on a Fury druid much cheaper than you can for a pally, but with both builds you'll struggle against physical immunes. Both Vengeance and Fire Claws/Rabies don't work very well as one point wonders. You could carry a weapon with amp damage charges on your switch (if such a thing exists, I'm not actually sure) but I'm not sure if you can cast that spell in wereform, which would obviously be a pain. So ultimately, I'd say skip both and make yourself a nice frenzy barbarian. It's a lot more fun than Fury/Zeal, and Berserk as a one point wonder packs a nice punch, making physical immunes a breeze to deal with. Frenzy barbs are also easily capable of handling UT.
You could make Passion RW: +1 Berserk
You could make Lawbringer RW and either put it on Act 5 merc or switch: 20% chance to cast level 15 Decrepify on striking
You could use Atma's Scarab: 5% chance to cast level 2 Amplify Damage

There are plenty of cheap options to deal with PI's

Frenzy Barb's rock btw, i'd also roll one over fury druids or zeal/whatever dins.