Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New ladder first character

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ardanien, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ardanien

Ardanien IncGamers Member

New ladder first character

I'm making Meteorb Soso at start of ladder everytime, but I was thinking, if Trapper will be good as well?! Becaue of Tokens are in game, I'm able to make Kicksin from Trapper later and take care of guys in UT :] .

2. Chromesto

Chromesto IncGamers Member

Re: New ladder first character

Your plan on trapper seems solid for me. I don't know exactly how easy it is to farm something with a trapper (at least nm cows should be easy for early farming) but the backup plan into respeccing her for UT is a big plus.

I learned from somewhere else that you're going to HC which makes me ponder a bit on the survivability part. Personally I'm noobish with HC mode so since I'm going to try it with my friends I value survivability over everything else. I also learned this ladder how barbarians are "rare" and valued on the early ladder. Though I don't know how much people tend to play together with random people on HC. Because of these facts I'll make a entirely group support/tanking pdr singer barbarian. (going to max skills BO -> Shout -> War Cry -> Iron Skin -> Concentration) Killing speed shouldn't be a problem as I'll most likely play with my friends (last time we discussed we ended up on summoner necro + enchanter + my barb trio). Summons should get really sturdy and deadly until we hit something nasty like Fire + Physical Immunes but those shouldn't be that common. Whole meaning for me is going to be to watch after my mates and supporting those skellies so we can get to the hell without that great gear. If I end up playing alone I can always just respec into something more damaging.

Anyway. Good luck with your meteorb sorc/trapsin. :)

3. droid

droid IncGamers Member

I dont know about a first char...your first char should be one that can run entirely on drops and shops from L1-L24~30, depending when you get your "marquee" skills. Kicksin I could maybe see since Kick is a L1 skill and good kicking boots you can gamble as soon as you're the right level...Trapsin would be kinda weak till you got Lightning Sentry, since you wont have the mana to spam your "grenade" traps.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Fendazon. Dentist. Chargadin. All HC, of course.

5. Redgar

Redgar IncGamers Member

Trapsin would probably work good, but im not sure because i havent played trapsin very much. I think im going to try wind druid as my first character this season just to try something different.

6. Lazaro

Lazaro IncGamers Member

I would start with s blizz sorc, but i want to change so i don't really know what i'll pick...
    Maybe a zon, i have never tried those...lol

7. Imortaldead

Imortaldead IncGamers Member

you can make a lighting traper and Kick to there a lighting dancer you us your traps for most of the game and kick the bosses for a fast kill, pluse you have other good skills to help her out and you can get by on not that much, a good boot for Diablo and some farming for the runes to make Lionheart and a fast weapon and your set :)

ps Crushflange has 33 cb
    The General's Tan Do Li Ga has all most everything elts you want for a kicker

8. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

For me still a blizzard sor, being able to teleport help greatly while mfing meph. Rest is not so important.

9. thoms

thoms IncGamers Member

I'll start an enchantress, it's definitely the fastes for public rush, then blizz for mfing, and when good enough gear, a smiter to take care of UT.

10. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

11. redground

redground IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc + hammerdin

Blizz turns to light and hammer turns do zealer when i get enough wealth.

12. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

This may sound like a boring option but I'll say it anyways. Hammerdin.

13. Lgpergentile

Lgpergentile IncGamers Member

Bear Druid to level into Wind Druid at 30 or 40, to continue solo leveling as fast as possible. Is there a thread where people can exchange acc names and get together to make new chars together when ladder resets?

14. Ardanien

Ardanien IncGamers Member

Hm, I was thinking about trapsin and now about hammerdin - both can be changed to uber solers :( . But! I don't like palas :( so trapsin will win... Ok, where's reset??? :D

Anyone who will play whole night if reset will be done - I will start SC at first, HC can wait...

*ardanien

15. juju

juju IncGamers Member

Blizz sors for mf bugQ mephi drops and after that i start chaos javazon when i find some java gear and play with that :)

16. skullvomit

skullvomit IncGamers Member

Kicker, whom I'll build to survive ie. no mf before dmg/fhr etc. So faster runs with charms, rares (boots!) sockets and, hopefully, nice runes. Sin because she is a switch blade, can be made to meet different play styles in the future.

17. Ishukone

Ishukone IncGamers Member

I'm going with my trusty Fireball/Orb Sorc. I know Blizzard may be a faster killer in certain situations, but I get bored doing the same boss/area over and over and like more of an all-rounder character. I also find Orb more "fun" than Blizzard, but that's just me. Once you've got fireball properly synergized and some decent gear, any monster that isn't fire immune dies horribly.

Having said that, and if I can get the right gear, I'd like to try a respec to Light Sorc later on.

18. iGyman

iGyman IncGamers Member

Probably gonna start with a Meteorb sorc as well - this build has grown on me :p

Also, could you explain how this bugQ mephi works ?

19. Animes

Animes Banned

I ll use Blizzard sorc for Hell cs (merc with nice insight to kill Lord De Seis) clear Travincal (only Toorc Icefist is cold immune, i ll just leave them there by himself) to kill baal (only wave 2 ice mages cold immune) pindel, tunnels, cows, andariel, and possible mausoleum.

As you can see, all of this places have high T level, leaving with high chance of getting my self High Rune, all easily doable with blizz sorc, and no downfall from dual tree lack of damage.

20. loasdblop

loasdblop IncGamers Member

Barb singer HC