Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Ladder Char

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by nicholastoot, Mar 22, 2004.

1. nicholastoot

nicholastoot IncGamers Member

New Ladder Char

Hi there, i've been playing non ladder for quite a while and heard that ladder is much better and fun. So i thought that if i wanted to start ladder , which char should i play??
    And can anyone please give me some items to start off with :uhhuh:
    just pm me anytime
    thanks

2. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

I would say a Paladin (Hammerdin) build as they are not dependent on any mana leech equipment. Of course "faster cast" stuff is nice to get more hammers out there spinning. But you can do all right with the Hammerdin build without any special equipment and finish hell off.

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Hammerdin would be a great first build. Another build you can try is blizzard sorc, which will allow you to do meph runs most efficiently. I started my mf sorc by adding points only into energy, so she had enough mana, and it paid off because I eventually pumped her base energy to about 180 anyways. Make sure you lookout for p topazes and socketed helm and armor for that mf.

4. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I agree, Hammerdin is a pretty good character to use as first character on ladder, you can easily use him afterward to do mf runs. Lighitng fury/jab zon are pretty good too but more reliant on mana leech items.

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

First of all: WELCOME to Forum and... to ladder :howdy:

I think the best thing with ladder is to begin from scratch. Itemz... yes you will need them on Hell difficulty so best if you get some before playing there.

My advice is to make first a NM m-finder. Trapsin or Tesladin are best for this purpose in my opinion. Find some items (not that important) and MANY p-gems (VERY important). Once having 1 mule full of p-gems visit our trading forum and you can equipe your char of choice quickly.

If you want to make some serious mf- and rune- runs in Hell dif, the best possible choice is fire/cold sorca. She don´t need to make 50K damage, she don´t need to have more than 100-400 mf. She need though to teleport fast to best hunting regions, she need max resists, a lot of life, decent block and decent merc. :thumbsup: