Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Item Sets Coming in Patch 2.2.0

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

New Item Sets Coming in Patch 2.2.0

Last year's Blizzcon demo showed off multiple new legendary items and three whole new item sets, one each equipped on the Demon Hunter, Barbarian, and Wizard in the Blizzcon demo. The sets were lots of fun to use and seemed quite powerful (the ones for the DH and Wizard, at least), but they obviously looked closer to finished than they were, since Blizzcon was back in November and there's no sign of the sets in the game yet, though all of the other new legendary items we saw at Blizzcon are going live in Season Two.

How about on update on the progress of those new Item Sets? New Item Sets Coming in Patch 2.2.0:

A few months ago 3 new sets were announced: Barb: Whirlwind-Rend, Wiz: Slow Time, DH: Multishot. Dose anyone know when they will be released?
    Tyvalir: The new sets - including Delsere's Magnum Opus, Wrath of the Wastes and Unhallowed Essence - are currently planned to arrive in patch 2.2.0, along with updates to existing 4 piece sets. While this could change depending on a variety of factors, and while we don't have a date to announce yet for that patch, the plan is for all of these to arrive at around the same time. [source]dd[/source]

You'll note this post contains not a hint of an ETA for v2.2.0. Not even a "soon" offered ironically. So let your imagination run wild there, but obviously it won't be for the start of Season Two. Mid-season? Season three? Meh.

As for the sets, we discussed play testing them in detail in our post-Blizzcon podcast, and N3rdwards contributed an article about the Wizard's set and some other new wizard legendary items seem in the Blizzcon demo. You can see the special set bonuses in the screens below, at least as they were when presented back at Blizzcon. They may well have changed by now, and I hope that at least the Barb set has, since I didn't think it worked very well when I gave it some trial runs in the Blizzcon demo.

[gallery link="file" ids="381510,381512,381513,381405,381403,381404"]
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

I do not understand the issue with adding these sets.

Did they build the game backwards? Diablo II I could mod sets, uniques, and have them in the game in 10 minutes (Saying I make a generic set with no thought process, and set bonus of say giving Thorns).

Why is it such and issue with these guys. Are they incompetent? Do they believe we all think it is a rough go to implement sets and unique items?

3. Llama8

Llama8 IncGamers Member

It's only for 4 seconds though, so you may have to move out of range to be eligible for another lot of damage reduction, or maybe it has a cooldown.

4. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

Something important to note is that one of the game developers in the last "play your way video" (the one where they invite a player to play with the devs) said that not only would these item not appear till the next major patch, but that the patch would have it's own ptr. Which is, to me, the message that we wont be seeing these items for a LONG LONG LONGLONG time.

5. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

I hadn't though of it like that, but you're right. It is the Kule-build set.

6. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

My guess is this will be the Season 3 patch. They've said Season 1 went on longer than they first planned/wanted and they'd be aiming for a few months with Season 2. I expect the PTR will go live about two months after Season 2 begins. They'll plan it to last a month, making Season 2 three months long, but the PTR will inevitably drag it out for longer than that.

7. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

I hate to be critical of the Dteams hard work but, I kinda felt the same way ... like, after all this time, I wouldn't mind if they put a little more love into the set costumes. I kinda like the barb helm the best, but, then I look at his boots and it's that same old camel toe boot look again. It's kinda like ... can't we go w something different; like a Gene Simon's KISS boot with little teeth or something?

8. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

Bear in mind the usual DH MO is to keep far away from enemies, especially if using Zei's/Steady Aim. The bonus will either be very infrequent (though there when you need it most) or will force a major playstyle change.

9. ChimpMagnet

ChimpMagnet IncGamers Member

I think we would all be amaze to learn how many people are actually working on Diablo. My bet would be 2 are working on it daily, 1 weekly, and 2 monthly.

Don't be delusional about the amount of re$ource$ a publicly traded company is willing to spend out of good will.

10. Silverfang

Silverfang IncGamers Member

Off topic: The site offered me to download a package to be opened by flash, that I'd deactivated due to the current security issue recently turned up and already widely abused. Only can offer a german link, though, but here it is: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Flash-Player-deaktivieren-Sicherheits-Update-laesst-kritische-Luecke-offen-2526789.html

11. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi IncGamers Member

While I agree that it shouldn't take *months* for implementation, I'm sure they do have to perform usual QA bug tests for skill interactions that didn't exist before, and also balance checks.

I'm actually more annoyed that they aren't releasing one set for every class. Might as well go big, if you're going to do it at all.

12. ChimpMagnet

Might be awesome damage reduction, but 300% MS instead of Marauder's 500% + 5 sentries X100% won't cut it.

13. Dreamcrusha

Dreamcrusha IncGamers Member

Is there a point in farming ancient set items now if there's going to be a release of newer sets.

14. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

There will be more - but they'll be working on the xpack.

15. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

Still no new monk set. The raiment set is borderline useless (unless things have changed drastically with the patch) and the innas set is OK but lacking. That leaves the monkey garb as the primary set. A four piece with no +Dex or +vit and 2 set bonuses.

I wished I hated playing a monk so this wouldn't bother me.

16. ChimpMagnet

I didn't realize so many items can have discipline. Might be able to compete with marauder after all.

17. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

The thing, for my monk, is combining sets. If you combine Monkey and Innas ... you're a bad ass ... as it stands, you can have both sets complete. My monk on the PTR was insane

18. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

For the barb set, they should replace the skill 'Rend' with the skills Overpower and/or Revenge. You can use Overpower & Revenge while whirlwinding, but Rend makes you stop. Rend and Whirlwind are also both secondary skills that consume Fury... Overpower/Revenge are not.

19. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

Also, you can equip Depth Digger pants and increase the damage of the primary skills even higher.

20. Mithron

Mithron IncGamers Member

They said they plan to make all 4 piece sets become 6 piece sets. I don't know if they plan for that on this patch though. But this means Tal Rasha, immortal Kings, aughild's, ect. will have 6 pieces and bonuses.