Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new in pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by derderderderderk, May 26, 2005.

1. derderderderderk

derderderderderk IncGamers Member

new in pvp

hey all, i'm pretty new in pvp (at least for patch 1.10) and i simply keep getting raped...i just have some questions which i'm sure a lot of the experienced players out there have answered countless times (please don't kill me haha)

but really, is the best pvp char a necro? right now, i only have melee characters such as barb, fury druid, etc and once necros cast iron maiden and a few spirits and spears here and there...i'm over...is there anyway to counter this with melee characters? kind of makes me sad if melee characters can't really do anything in pvp when there's a necro in it...advices would be nice =) thanks

2. TheBends

TheBends IncGamers Member

I don't even think this is considered "melee" but Pally's that use charge work out nice.

Their damage is crazy, and if a caster keeps on tele'ing around (sorc's and necro's w/ enigma) you can just charge them. :)

Anyways thats just by opinion....

3. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

Melees are quite itemdependent so they wont do really good in a pubby without an Enigma or the other fancy runewords. The bonenecros are very strong and very lame combined with marrowalks. Yes chargers is good. You will do pretty well against builds that dont WW and have some decent block. Just make sure you got your res skyhigh when facing a caster.

4. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Summon / Poison necro.

Stacking Bug and nice damage with LR etc.

Imo Bone/Summon hybrids just rock.

Arb

5. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

If you define "best" as "which build can beat the widest variety of other competitive builds" then the BvC or BvA barbs are your best choices.

Against a necro, the BvA and BvC barbs seem to be equally matched balance wise with necros. From what I can tell, it just comes down to player skill at the highest levels between barbs and necros.

Necros can get hosed pretty badly by good sorcs, specifically the Orb/ES type but they just generally have problems with ES sorcs. They are also about even with Windies. Outside of those builds though, only a Ghost sin (WW sin variant) has much of a chance against a good bone necro. A summon/bone necro hybrid or simply a bone necro with Revives is just nastier against most of the builds it already beats.

BvC or BvA barbs however don't really get hosed by anything. Elemental characters can be shrugged off because of the barb's ability to stack ridiculous amounts of res while still being dangerous. No form of stunlocking works on barbs due to WW being uninteruptable. Also, like necros, no other form of melee can hope to compete with WW if the user knows how to WW correctly. The only challenge in a 1v1 against a good BvC/BvA barb is a Bone necro and possibly a BvB barb simply because they do what you do with more AR/Def/block. However, Wei/dumpig/blobs I believe mentioned that a BvC barb can take a BvB barb by using Widowmaker or something since straight WW vs WW won't work against a BvB.

Lastly, in a pubby game the barbs are preferred because they kill alot faster and can handle many different types of chars at the same time. Bone necros will be lucky to get a kill before the opponent runs to town.

6. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

nec is by far not the best pvp char, it is quite strong, but it has fatal flaws that can be exploited by other classes. in my opinion, and that of many others, a good bvc barb is considered the most versitle and powerful built in the game, notice i do not say best, but say most versitle because of obvious reasons of me not wanting to get flamed for starting an uproar with the nec/hammer/windie/sorc/etc users......but anyway, if you use a ww barb, to beat a nec, u can try switching to OW gear, which is always a big caster killer since necs have relately low life, u can use 2x doom, it has decent OW and its aura can go for the kill once OW drains the necs life down to 1, thats what has worked for me anyways, enjoy and welcome to pvp, hope u have fun

7. dirty.scorpion

dirty.scorpion Banned

u should try foh ^^ easy and kills good,thats why many hate them

8. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

If you wanna make a true melee dueler (fury druids/concbarbs/zealots/etc.), just join 'melee duel' games (usually filled with bone necs anyway :confused: ) or you can join some of the priv melee dueling games out there. As someone said before me, melee chars are VERY item dependant and need godly gear to be effective.

9. Maestro

Maestro IncGamers Member

FoH's tend to join games and own everything (just about everybody accuses them of aa at some point due to lightning being able to hit opponent off screen) until someone decides to slap on Tgods and a wisp ring or two. Then Fohs are no longer effective. Also, Windy Druids with their cyclone armor tend to negate Fohs in general.

10. Dirty Scorpion

Dirty Scorpion IncGamers Member

yeah but almost every other char gets killed...its also a sad thing u know

11. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Almost every bone necro can just summon some stuff and there goes your FoH...FoH's auto aim becomes a disavantages, and while you kill the guy's living wall, you get mauled by spirits...

Best all around chars, for PvP (for non-experts)..

Bone Necro and Tele + WW barb...

12. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Just slap on kiras and some other res-gear (or a 160 shield). That way he cant cry bm either...