Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New idea meleesorc.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Gimmershred, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

New idea meleesorc.

Alright, i have a new idea for a pvm bearsorc. No double dream but a single dream this time.

Weapon grief pb
    Armor fortitude
    Shield Phoenix
    Amulet Highlords
    Ring1 Ravenfrost
    Ring2 Dualleech 8ml with some ar and some resi/life/mana etc.
    Belt Wilhelms pride 5ml/5ll
    Gloves Draculs
    Boots Gore Riders
    Helm Dream

9x fireskillers, torch, anni, as much life and res possible from sc's
    Holy freeze or blessed aim merc with infinity and whatever

20 enchant
    20 Fire mastery
    20 Warmth
    20 lightning mastery
    1-10 Energyshield
    rest in telekineses

you will have around 13% manaleech, around 21% lifeleech, 7fpa attack with a >37ias grief and 20% ias from highlords. Redemption from phoenix, -28% fire res from phoenix, up to 4k physical damage. Pretty nice fire damage and some lightning damage all combined with an infimerc.

You not only leech your life back rapidly, you also leech your mana for your energyshield back rapidly. Not to forget the redemption from your phoenix wich will fill up your life/mana too. And the lifetap from draculs wich will change sometimes with the confuse from your dream. Both are good curses.

The only problem seems to be resists, but there is always something to be found for that. Swap your boots, belt or get it from your charms or whatever.

First use bo then use beast to become bear then switch to grief blade. After that hack and slash away

What do you think? Anyone wanna try this out?

2. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

How will your physical damage be so high? Where are the damage modifiers?

3. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

hmmm.... after a quick look at the equpiment I guess that physical damage would be close to 400(let's say that it's weapons average damage) * (300% (fortitude) + 400%(best roll on "phoenix" shield) + 100% (eeerm... the build should have 100 strength, right? probably more, but since I counted the best roll on a shield...))= 3200 physical damage not counting in deadly strike.

It's an interesting idea. Good luck on it:wink3: .
    a few questions though... why dream helm? Wouldn't it be better to focus on physical damage and use guilammes face for more deadly strike + some crushing blow? You already have fire damage for physical immunes anyway...

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

One 'Dream' plus Lightning Mastery will do about 13k lightning dmg in melee.

5. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

i played meleesorcies for quite a long time and i can give some pointers.
    i'd go with Gimmershreds instead of a Grief.
    Adds 218-483 Fire Damage
    Adds 29-501 Lightning Damage
    Adds 176-397 Cold Damage

- light dmg is almost the same with Dream's one (leave alone the fact of Dream being ridiculously expensive) so i'd go with a rockstopper (or a good ol' vamp if you search for dual leech). though nothing beats a +2 fire skills allres +life +stats circ larzuked with a, say, Pruby.
    - fire dmg is good enough to free up 20 skillpts from warmth.
    - nice cold dmg. i'd put a point into cold mastery.

and so i'd suggest this skill setup:

FIRE
    1 bolt
    1 ball
    1 warmth
    20 enchant
    20 mastery

COLD
    1 mastery, hehe)

LIGHT:
    1 bolt
    1 light
    1 chain
    16 telekinesis
    1 teleport
    20 shield
    20 mastery
    ----------
    104 skillpts total /correct me if i'm wrong))/

in this case you get a much more powerfull E-shield... powerfull enough to rely on it rather than on lifeorb.
    E-shield works before your resists, so they are not too important (just keep 'em positive) m.b except psn res as this is the only element to bypass your protection. so i'd comcentrate more on mana and psn res charms. and this can free up some space for elemental dmg charms.

Edit.
    just another thought. gimmer makes oblivions with their nasty IM helpless against you.

6. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

With all your godly RW I guess you will kill very well, there is no doubts, but veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy sslllllllloooooooowwwwwwwlllyyyyy. There is no way to reach 7fps for sorc. Max speed with 65%IAS with PB for sorc is 11fps. Safe if you use zeal attack, then its 10/7/11 fps, but its not the case.

IMO classic dual dreamer with infinity merc will kill away faster.

Anyway, jeton for originality. Go go soso ......

7. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

13k lit 3k phys and about 2k fire + infy is what he gets with his setup. i don't think this is to be called "slowly".

yep, of course, dual-dream 100k lit dmg sorc kills faster, lol. but if everyone thought this way, only windies, smiters and hammerdins would exist.

8. Gimmershred

Most of you are missing the point of why i mentioned this setup.
    This setup is mend for making a fragile high-damage meleesorc into a meleesorc with a bit lesser damage but still very effective that almost cannot be killed. Since leeching on all other meleesorcbuilds is very ineffective they have to drink a lot of pots wich sucks. This build is really selfsustaining and can tank like hell.

And killingspeed will still be lightningfast when you combine this setup with a infinitymerc. Firedamage will also be higher. You also don't need guillaume for deadly strike. You get 20% grief, 3x% highlords and 15% gores.

It's higher then 3200%ed since you also get Ed% from werebear.

Also you don't want a much more powerfull eshield. You will want balance between mana and life since you leech back both.

You do hit 7fpa attack with this build. You forgot it's a Bearsorc, using werebear from beast then switching to the mentioned setup. A sorcbear with a grief >37%ias and 20%ias on gear will hit 7fpa.

You could also use 9x lightskiller wich will bring your lightdamage around 20k.

Yes the only area you will have trouble with will be areas with oblivion knights. But that's only worldstone and chaos sanctuary.

9. weaponomega

weaponomega IncGamers Member

Perhaps utilizing zeal (forget the rune word that does it off the top of my head) with dream and dragon rune words to mix up the damage combined with a focus in energy shield so you can last in the mobs while you hack away. Get a little leeching and you all set! Tele around and whack away! Someone with all those expensive rune words try it out! I sure as hell can't :p

10. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

Where are you getting your AR from? Damage is important but if you can't hit anything you're not going to leech anything and ravensfrost seems like the only thing you have on that provides any AR. Do you get it from the wearbear?

If you switched to Passion you could swap out the highlords for a metagrid giving you an even greater AR boost plus a big resist bump but I don't know if Zeal works for a bear. If you get around the AR problems (and charms can always give you a boost) it could be a fun character to play.

11. dreamofwinter

dreamofwinter IncGamers Member

I've always been a big fan of Grief and Breath of the Dying on a melee sorc. :) Suddenly, you are leeching like crazy, and those quintuple immune pit lords in uber tristram start to resemble big, chubby rejuvenation potions.

It doesn't look like you have anywhere near the resists you need to survive in hell if your eshield goes down, but maybe you've already had a chance to try this build out. How's it working for you?

12. Gimmershred

The eshield isn't what you want to rely fully on. You leech both life and mana. Redemption gives you both life and mana, and werebear boosts your life. So you shouldnt use only your manapool to survive but both use your lifepool and manapool.

Skillers are still nice for this build and after i thought about it i would use lightskiller wich add around 1k damage each, but first thing is to get 75all res in hell, through a lot of charms. Some rare triple resist boots are a very good option compared to gore riders.

Your life and mana should equally go down after being hit. Mana can go down a little bit faster but not much since you have to unshape from bear to recast energyshield again, wich is annoying.

With wamth not factored and with 16 points in tk that means your energyshield should be around 50%. In reality this can be higher since your maxed warmth will regen mana quickly also. And you should take into account your % manaleech and lifeleech on the gear.
    50%energyshield is reached with lvl 7 energyshield (1point, 3 torch, 1 anni, 2 lightskillers) If you have room for more skillers while maintaining 75 all res @ hell then go for it.

So 20 points in energyshield would be a waste of points for this build, i suggest aiming for 50-70% es.

For the resistances:
    30 res forti, 15res dream, 30res anya, say 36 res torch and anni =
    11 res all in hell.
    35lr highlords, say 35cr, fr and pr from boots+dualleech ring = 46 all in hell.
    So you only need 29res all from your charms. That's easily reached with charms (2x 15all gc for example).

Also make sure you get after that an extra 10% lr and 10% fr, so you reach 85lr and 85 fire res due to using forti (+5%lr) and phoenix (+5%lr, +10%fr). Go laugh at those souls.

13. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Looks like you count on getting hit often with this build. I'm sure you can find items to sell for repairs but I don't like monsters to hit me as much as I possible. Just make sure you don't have any superior items runeworded.

14. TheManMan

TheManMan Banned

this isnt new...

15. Bjorgin

Bjorgin IncGamers Member

Neither is this thread, you totally necro'd it

16. Gimmershred

thanks for the comment... now let this thread die in peace if you have nothing usefull to say.

17. strizz

strizz IncGamers Member

cool i like the idea

18. Gimmershred