Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new idea for singer

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by vizzerdrix666, May 13, 2005.

1. vizzerdrix666

vizzerdrix666 IncGamers Member

new idea for singer

ok i currently have a pure wc barb with dual hotos 35 life gcs all the good stuff. i can kill most casters that dont have high fhr but i have trouble w/ just about everything else..do u think that if i went with a beast zerk/ botd zerk switch with 1 pt in ww and put on some ravens instead of sojs would this work?...maybe like a pt in axe mastery too...cuz all my gear is caster gear so i would still have alot of skills to the 1 pt ww and mastery and i would still have good fcr. what do u think? thx

*edit* i was thinking while looking throw some threads...i think i mgiht go with like 7 gcs with 35+ life and then fill the rest of my invent with 290s and put on a widowmaker on switch...dual hoto tele at 105 fcr stop shot tele shoot...then wc them when they get low enough or w/e...idk im just trying to save my wc barb from being a waste of time/gear.

chase

2. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Nope... wont work.

widow maker ya it could work.

3. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

Since you are a singer, that basically means that you have 0 points in dexterity which also means that you have next to no attack rating. 1 point in mastery and 1 point in WW, even with the +skills, will not get you the kind of AR that you need to hit anyone that is not a caster because they will naturally have high defense on top of your crappy attack rating.

I think that in PvP you are better off using wiz spikes and going for 200 fcr, but as long as you have hit the 105 fcr with the hotos I dont feel that you should be having problems with too many melee characters either. Stun from War Cry will prevent most of them from running away and/or attacking you and therefore I dont really think that you should be having trouble with it especially when you can tele on top of them and WC right away. The most common case where this is not true is obviously with WW barbs since stun doesnt affect them.

If you change over to the bow, most of your singer skills become secondary and not really useful. You built a singer to sing so thats what I really think you should focus on. They do take a lot of practice to perfect but in the end I really find them to be fantastic PvP characters.

goodluck
    phil

4. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Well, warcry and ww don't work well together, it's best to go with one of the 2. Obviously ww is a superior dueling skill, but warcry is more fun IMO since I like playing lesser used builds.

Widowmaker on switch is great.

5. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

I can't see how you can kill anyone with the petty damage widowmaker, and warcry provides?? Even with 3 warcries pr. sec each giving 200 damage you would only deal 100 damage per second, and that is to low even versus a 1.5k life sorc :-\

6. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

My warcry does 2070-2116 and I cast at 8 frames. That's around 350 damage per hit, and it stuns. Casters often die from spamming without getting away or being able to cast once. Leap makes closing the gap to them easy.

It works like a ww barb, but instead of triangle whirling them when you get there you just spam warcry.

7. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

200 FC is a waste for a singer. Too many things you have to sacrifice.

Further, your warcry is nextdelay nerfed. You can spam cry at 2 frames for all the better good it would do you.

8. vizzerdrix666

vizzerdrix666 IncGamers Member

wow wow wow how do u do 2k wc? that'd actually make wc work in pvp if i could do that sort of dmg. well i currently have about 5k life with 7 gcs but im not 80 yet so w/out anni (dont have one) and w/out arach i do about 1k wc dmg. it stuns for abou 9 seconds so it's pretty nice in pvm but i've yet to pvp it so we'll see. Im gonna have to carry alot of mana pots that's all i gotta say lol 50 mana per cast with only like 700 mana....yeh..

9. Speederländer

That's level 51 warcry with all synergies maxed (using chippydip's calc).

And it actually costs 60 mana a pop, btw.

Assume level 20 skill + 10 skill GCs = 30. You need 21 more skills.

2 on enigma
    1 battle command
    1 anni
    3 ammy
    6 on dual hotos
    1 on belt
    5 on helm
    2 on rings

Total = 51

NOT a typical build. You probably need 70 mana sc on the 9 sc slots. Maybe not, he'd have to break it out because it's not my build. With level 51 battle orders + hotos + sojs + arachnid boost + 9x 20/17 sc you MIGHT be able to pull it off with legit charms. It'll still be tight though with a 60 mana a shot WC and your tele mana cost. Even 1500 mana goes fast with that kind of overhead and I don't think 1500 is possible with 20/17 charms. Maybe it is. I could be wrong. And most duels are fast unless its a good fhr caster or slippery runner.

You would also need a +3 WC 10% fc ammy, which can be a pain to scare up.

10. Speederländer

I take this back. The WC nextdelay is 6 frames. I remembered it wrong. So what I said wasn't the case with respect to nextdelay.

200 FCR is still a waste, but not for that reason, just for the equipment.

11. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Why do you need 10% FCR ammy ? You can get 20% from magefist to reach the 105 breakpoint.

12. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Well I traded off parts of my singer but here's what he used to use:

WARNING MENTION OF DUPES

Helm - +3 warcries +3 warcry magic helm - ShaelShael
    Amulet - Fiend Sunder (+2 barb, 10 frw, 19 str, 20 dex, 59 life, 57 mana)
    Ring - soj
    Ring - soj
    Weapon - Hoto
    Weapon - Hoto
    Armor - Enigma
    Boots - Grim spurs (30 frw, 20 fhr, 19 str 45/22/21 resists)
    Belt - Arach
    Gloves - Magefist

Charms 3 x skiller with fhr, 7x with 35+ life, 20/19 anni and 9x 70/15s

I've never tried 200fcr but I hear it's buggy unless you have a great connection, which I do not have.

I also tried this build, once which didn't work as I planned. I wanted to make a WC barb that could beat both casters and melee, so I wanted 75% block, 50% DR, 86 fhr, 105 fcr, 75+ all res, and high defense.

Helm - 15/30 CoA ShaelShael
    Amulet - +3 warcries 10 fcr
    Ring - 10 fcr 15 str 15 dex 10 fire res
    Ring - 10 fcr 19 str 42 life 8 res all
    Shield - SS Shael
    Armor - Archon Enigma
    Boots - Grim spurs (30 frw, 20 fhr, 19 str 45/22/21 resists)
    Belt - Arachnid
    Weapon - 40 Hoto
    Gloves - Magefists

Charms - 10x WC GCs 35+ life, 20/19 anni, 9 x 70/15s

Dueling melee just sucks with a singer even with this build. There's too many uninterruptable attacks and the duels take forever. I did manage to wear a CoA with base str though :)

The 70/15s take care of any mana problems they are a USEast duped charm that gives 70 to mana and 15 to life.