Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New here

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hydrolisk, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hydrolisk

Hydrolisk IncGamers Member

New here

I know Diablo 2 is an old game but it keeps drawing me back. Recently I stumbled across my cd keys (the cds were long destroyed) and thanks to battle.net I managed to install the game again! Doing some reading I found mention of 'time travel' and the like which interested me since the game installs at 1.12 when you use the blizzard downloads (so I have alot more reading to do)

Anyway I look forward to being a part of your community you all seem very lively and very friendly and play by the same strict code that I do.

I plan to play mostly softcore probably 1.12 or 1.13 after I figure out which is better(and figure out how to 'time travel'....is there an application or is it all just a matter of switching patch files?)

Thanks Hydrolisk

2. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Re: New here

Old Game? What are you calling old, an old game is something that never gets played and collects dust. Like those games you get from cereal boxes.

If you read the stickes you'll read up about multiple .dll's instances which is the easy way to time travel. Also, if you want to find more r00nz than 1.13 might be the way to go :p

Also, Welcome!

3. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Greetings Hydrolisk, enjoy the much accumulated knowledge base here. Get your atma going print out your runeword recipes and start MF'ing :)

@Virtue: Do you collect those games?

4. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Welcome! This is the type of game that sticks to your brain and it never falls out... no matter how hard you smack yourself in the face with a shovel, you'll still want to keep doing Mephisto runs for shiny, shiny loot!

Time traveling can also be done with TrenShadow's version switcher. If you search around, you'll find stuff about it. Any questions, post them in the stickied thread about gameplay mods. Remember, if you want to be able to trade or MP, don't bring items backwards through time. You can do whatever you want on your own computer, but if you perform activities the SPF considers "illegal," please be up front and honest. We thank you in advance!

That said, please join in the fun in the dailies, the EMB, and tournies. And be sure to ask questions if you have them; we like being helpful!

See ya 'round! :wave: