Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New here.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by xxlebox, May 15, 2008.

1. xxlebox

xxlebox IncGamers Member

New here.

Hey all,

I started playing Diablo II: LoD ever since I saw a friend of mine playing it. Had some fun, and decided to get it myself, etc. I had my ups and downs, as in playing. Very often, I really feel like playing again, but after a week or two, that's gone. I can guess why, and I hoped to find the solution on these forums.

I just wanted to find some friends to play with, that can help me, and I hoped to find some advice on which class I should start out with. I know from experience that starting out with a Sorceress is a good idea, since I'll be able to farm for (boring) hours, to get gear for other characters I'd like to play.

At the moment I got my eye on the Barbarian, but that needs the Immortal King set to operate well, and as far as I know, that's very hard to get. So I'm kind of wondering on what to do, as I don't want to be bored from playing again, just because I have to spend a lot of time developing a simple farming character first.

Well, just my two-cents. :tongue:

2. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Well if you are looking for people to play with, the Player Matchup forum is your best bet. There you should be able to find people to party with and quest through the game. If you do go that route you aren't required to make a personal MFer, such as the sorceress. Instead you can tailor your character to best compliment your party members.

For example you could be an Avenger (Paladin w/ Conviction Aura) to help elemental attacks deal more damage. You could be a Fishymancer to provide meat shields for your melee friends. Or you could be a Frost Maiden to provide a ranged elemental attack (Freezing Arrow) and an excellent tank with the valkyrie.

3. xxlebox

xxlebox IncGamers Member

Re: New here.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.