New Hammerdin

jparrish

Diabloii.Net Member
New Hammerdin

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the site though I've played D2 before. I have a level 25 Hammerdin and am fairly confident in my build, however I'm having trouble finding decent equipment for him at this low level. For my build I'm just stacking Vit and trying to make Str requirements for gear. Nothing outlandish though. It's pretty concurrent with most every Hdin build.

I have a War Hat ready for when he hits 28, FHR and FCR gear as much as possible at that level, a Steelclash, Stealth, and average yellows. The main problem I'm having is with a weapon.

I will say I've always been a bit unclear about a few things, and don't mind saying it. Does %mana per hit on a melee weapon only occur if you actually melee or can it proc from Bhams? I'm thinking it's only from melee. Does Ignore Target Defense work the same way?

From this, what do you guys suggest?

I also don't have much to trade with, so that also might be a problem. I have stealth in my chest atm, but I think a Magi would be best. Just am not sure what I need to run to have a good chance of getting it or what much of anything is worth these days. If anyone has a bunch of stuff they wouldn't use lying around, I'd be much obliged to anything.

I had about a 2 year hiatus from the game due to WoW ;). I'll be checking this at work, but should be home later tonight.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

USEast - jparrish

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: New Hammerdin

Hello, welcome back to the addiction that is diablo ; )

For armor idealistically you'll want an enigma. Until then stealth is fine and you are right, vipermagi would be better then that if you can come across one. As for a weapon at low lvls, anything with casting rate is great, sometimes you will even come across a wand with fcr on it.

As for Ignore target defense, it will be useless when it comes to hammers, and as for mana leech, it only works when you melee hit a monster. However, certain items have + to mana after kills, which has the same animation as mana leech, adding small amounts to mana after kills. (not enough to mana to bother with however)

I'm not sure what realm you're on, but if it's usWnL then
Pm me if you'd like some things to get you started.
(It's not godly just a few starting pieces if you'd like them).
If you are seeking 'frees' there are giveaway threads in the trade forum--at least on west.

Good luck!

Koyen

Diabloii.Net Member

Come over to Europe, join "Gauss" channel and whisper me. I'm sure there is a lot of decent equip stashed over my mules, that we could use to outfit you :)

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member

Darn I'm on usWest, best of luck!

edit: how did I not notice at the bottom of your original post you had typed specifically your realm/acct?

; ) Hehe, must have been tired.

jparrish

Diabloii.Net Member

Come over to Europe, join "Gauss" channel and whisper me. I'm sure there is a lot of decent equip stashed over my mules, that we could use to outfit you :)
Is it possible for me to do this? If so I had no idea it was possible haha.

I'll try that later tonight. I'm not certain on the time differential but I'd guess 4-6 hours?

Let me know when is best.

Thanks again for the help :)

EDIT*

After rereading that to make sure I'm not crazy, I think you are inferring you have had a char on USEast? Thanks.