New Hammerdin

Zpliffman

Diabloii.Net Member
New Hammerdin

Hi,

I am making a Hammerdin and was curious about your input on my gear.

Helm: Shako
Armour: Enigma bp
Amulet: Maras
Weapon: Eth hoto (for the style :D)
Rings: Soj+Raven
Shield: HoZ (um)
Boots: Silweave or waterwalk
Belt: archnid
Switch: Cta+lidless

Skills

Max:
Blessed hammer
Vigor
Blessed aim
Holy shield

Rest:
Defiance
Meditation

Thanks

rg_22uk

Diabloii.Net Member
Only one thing really. Use a spirit shield (+2 to skills) on the switch to boost the BO, etc an extra level.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
rg_22uk said:
Only one thing really. Use a spirit shield (+2 to skills) on the switch to boost the BO, etc an extra level.
Yeah use an eth monarch to make spirit in! more style since u gor for eth Hoto! :D

/Dec

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Decebal said:
Yeah use an eth monarch to make spirit in! more style since u gor for eth Hoto! :D

/Dec
the reason to have an eth spirit shouldnt be style, but lower reqs. that is quite useful, since monarchs are heavy, much heavier than the rest of your equip, and you will probably not be that keen on maxing strength ;)

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
the reason to have an eth spirit shouldnt be style, but lower reqs. that is quite useful, since monarchs are heavy, much heavier than the rest of your equip, and you will probably not be that keen on maxing strength ;)
It was sarcasm Lorven... ;) I know that eth monarch has lower str reqs...and of course he saves points on str! But with the gear he has that would not be a problem...

@Zpliffman - i would use War traveler or sandstorm treks instead of sillweave or waterwalks ;)

/Dec

TheWorm

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
It was sarcasm Lorven... ;) I know that eth monarch has lower str reqs...and of course he saves points on str! But with the gear he has that would not be a problem...

@Zpliffman - i would use War traveler or sandstorm treks instead of sillweave or waterwalks ;)

/Dec
That hammerdin is going to suck balls without concentration.

Bigrob

Banned
u should change the mara to some +2pally fcr ammy or else u wont cast fast enough. And Yes, u definitely need concentration.

The best hammerdin's weapon is rosebrand secpter of apprentice!! (+3pcombat, +3bless hammer, 20fcr, 2s....)

Use some rare or craft boot instead of unqiue.

jmorocks

Diabloii.Net Member
Spirit can be made in any 4 os pally shield to boost CTA, a Monarch is too much str, don't even bother looking for an Eth Monarch because it's not worth the time.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
jmorocks said:
Spirit can be made in any 4 os pally shield to boost CTA, a Monarch is too much str, don't even bother looking for an Eth Monarch because it's not worth the time.
I was gonna say that. You'll need atleast 75%FCR for a good tele.

sorcyone

Banned
Bigrob said:
u should change the mara to some +2pally fcr ammy or else u wont cast fast enough.
He didn't mention his glove which should be Magefist or Trang. Otherwise he will need 15FCR from a crafted amulet - not easy to get - to make 75FCR.
20 belt
40 hoto
20 glove
---
80 total

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
i personnally dont use raven frost on my hammerdin, coz he can teleport, (and so can urs) so nn for the cannot be frozen thingie imo, u can get an extra skill and more dmg out of it ;)

my hammerdin setup: (must u be interested)

perf shako (jah)
perf mara
zaka (um)
enigma mp
perf hoto
perf arach
soj
soj
magefist
sandstorms

anni and some skillers in stash, lvl 92, 3k life after bo, 80fcr, 15k dmg...

gl with the hammer

grtz