New Hamachi Network - For Fun D2 Multi-player Gaming

Pyrotechnician

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Hello Everyone,

Since the current hamachi subscription that logoutzero had setup has expired, I have taken it upon myself to renew our subscription and create a new network. I believe I sent out a pm to everyone that was in the previous network, but since its a new network its a perfect time for anyone who has thought about trying out multi-player in the single player forum to join. Many of our previous members do play HC, but don't let that discourage you as some do have SC characters, and some members don't even play at all and are just there for general talking.

For anyone that has questions about hamachi, or how to set it up, please see the following thread:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?692939-The-SPF-Hamachi-FAQ

Essentially hamachi is a program that creates a virtual network between other computers, which allows for fast and easy hosting and joining of tcp/ip games. It also has a built in chat function that many of the members use just for general chatting and arranging playing together. After installing hamachi, you will need to join the following network and you can start chatting/playing with other members:

Network ID: 229-507-201
Network Name: The Ancient Tunnels

Similar to the old network I will have to approve anyone that joins, so please use your forum name, at least when joining at first.

I look forward to seeing some new (yet familiar) faces.

Pyro

Syxalis

Diabloii.Net Member
I am interested in using it if I can figure out how to(which I don't think will be terribly hard from a quick glance) and figure out my network issues(not so sure what is wrong there or how to go about fixing it).

Espr

Diabloii.Net Member
For me, the most difficult part was finding the download link. They've made an in-browser interface at some point in the past, so things aren't as simple as a download page anymore. What you have to do, is go to "My Networks" once you've made an account are in the in-browser interface. Then, you choose to add a client, wherein you will be given the option of installing hamachi on your local computer.

Most of the rest of it is for ppl running hamachi networks and VPN computer sharing and stuff like that. Unnecessarily complicated for what we're doing, but it's clear they're going for a more business orientated look.

As to your network issues, best generic advice I can give is check out portforward.com (and more specifically http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/) to look up info on your specific router hardware. If you don't know what your hardware is (IE your ISP Just gave you a box without telling you what it is) you can call and ask them, or do a google to see what your ISP tends to give out in your area (http://www.dslreports.com/ in particular is a resource I've used a lot to find out more about the hardware my ISP forces on us here).

Pyrotechnician

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Hello everyone,

I have two requests in my inbox but I don't recognize the names that are being displayed, if you sent me a request but have not yet been accepted, if you could please make a post here in the thread, then I can let you guys in the network.

Thanks
Pyro

Noodle

I've been having a blast chatting and multiplaying on Pyro's network. A really good crew. 10 / 10, would install again.

thiagoj

Diabloii.Net Member
I sent a request. Played for years in SP but just know, i kinda feel lonely. So, I'll jump for MP. ^^

Pyrotechnician

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Hey guys, Gino and Noisemaker have been added to the network. I have another request from "moonwalker35" but I have no idea who that is. Does anyone recognize the name?

Noodle

Hey guys, Gino and Noisemaker have been added to the network. I have another request from "moonwalker35" but I have no idea who that is. Does anyone recognize the name?
Neil "the real deal" Armstrong. Nice guy, but talks a lot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

xXxGrimmxXx

Diabloii.Net Member
I've downloaded Hamachi, wouldn't mind playing HC MPSP, since I play SC SP by myself. If only I wasn't so burned out I wouldn't need a Hamachi for Dummies book.... lol :3

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Still free as far as I can tell. You can pay if you want to host a larger network like Pyro is currently doing for us <3