Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Guardian

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Churning, May 17, 2016.

1. Churning

Churning IncGamers Member

Guardian Diamond completed hell yesterday. Named after Shine On You Crazy
    Diamond. Normal was done on players 3 as a bowazon heavily twinked about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Started her mainly to get the normal socket quest for my lightning sorc because I wanted to 'Ist' her Tal's Orb. After finding a pair of eth Titans and two Griffons in the Pits I decided to continue on with her.

I respec'd for lightning and demolished NM with the eth titans. Hell was done on players 8 from act 2 onwards, which really was nothing impressive because I was using full end-game gear basically. Hell Nihlathak was pretty sketchy though. I did come a little too close to one of the corpses and was almost one-shot. So I tip-toed around the left side of his altar and killed him from off-screen using the split LF bolts coming from hitting minions that he spawned (if that makes sense). Ancients took awhile as I ran low on javelins to throw. But I managed to complete them without being hit. She finished her journey at level 87, very close to lvl88.

One question I have though. There may not be a definitive answer but I was wondering if anyone who plays javazons here thinks it is worthwhile to get the level 17 valk. I have the leftover skill points to get it right now if I want to, but I'm just not sure I need to, given my merc is so strong.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. XyleneCyanol

XyleneCyanol IncGamers Member

I like valk, but I really really hate dodge, evade etc, so I rarely bothered with valk at all, unless items grant that.

I wish the dodge, evade etc skills work like those in Warcraft III.

3. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

I've played and liked the valk a lot for a good time. Having said that, when having the amazon all decked out and running Baal to reach 99 i switched to decoy, which was the superior choice for that target. Valk was all over the place except where it needed to be. Taking decrep from Baal and some heat from the monsters off my merc. That doesn't mean valk is a bad investment, but i preferred the decoy in the end.

4. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Guardian. But you have missed some details when posting a Guardian thread: skill and stat placement, both yours and the mercs gear, charms used, resists, etc. As for the Valk what do you intend to do with the Javazon. Cows? Pits? Baal runner? Personally I like the Valk, she is one hell of a tank. You can use both Decoy and Valk. (I do anyways)

5. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Guardian !!!

I think that Decoy > Valk in most circumstances. Having said that, Valk still is a very good and strong minion. Too bad about the D/E/A skills you have to get for it. In the end I used Valk on my HC Javazon though. One hard point only, as I was using a Peace armor.

6. Churning

Churning IncGamers Member

Well, I'm heading back into pits with my lightning Sorc now. Although, Diamond will probably see some use for cow runs and maybe Baal runs at some point.

As for skill and stat placement, it is probably very standard for this sort of javazon. One point in every skill in the passive/magic tree at this point. Maxed charged strike, lightning fury and lightning strike. Rest of my points are into power strike save 9 points that I haven't decided what to do with.

Enough strength for using Monarchs, minus 40 points from gear (COH and Titans). Just enough dext for upped Eth Titans, minus 35 from Ravenfrost and Razortail. I also get dext from my current rare ring and a little on my gloves but I'm not sure those will always be used so I didn't count it against. Rest Vit.

-----Gear-----
    Helm - -17/14 Griffon's Eye (socketed with -5/4 Facet)
    Amulet - Highlord's Wrath
    Armor - Chains of Honor Archon Plate
    Shield - Stormshield (no socket yet)
    Ring1 - Ravenfrost
    Ring2 - rare 6% ML with +14 dext, 27% fire resist
    Gloves - rare +2 java skills 20% IAS with +2 dext and 10% fire resist : /
    Belt - Razortail
    Boots - Gore Riders
    Weapon - Upped Eth 192% Titan's Revenge
    Switch - CTA and Lidless Eye

-----Merc Gear-----
    Helm - Vampire Gaze
    Armor - Eth Treachery Archon Plate
    Weapon - Eth Infinity Thresher

Charms - 3 java skillers (one with +35 life)
    5 +5/4 resist all SC's
    2 +11% fire resist SC's

All this gave me near max resists (except poison) while I did Hell difficulty. I think it was 73/75/74/8 before I did the Anya quest in hell.

Currently lvl88
    5.1K Charged Strike and 2.2K Lightning Fury without Battle Command
    1143 Life and 185 Mana without Battle Orders