Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Greater Rift Clear Screen

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

New Greater Rift Clear Screen

[caption id="attachment_383406" align="alignright" width="300"][​IMG] Grift clear screen, version 1.[/caption]An undocumented change in the new PTR patch added a big pop up display congratulations screen for a player's personal best Greater Rift clear. Questions and complaints abounded, and got a Blue reply. New Greater Rift Clear Screen:

New GRift clear screen is pretty, but why?

Did it get added? Is there some utility here other than a full screen toast?

...I'm wondering if it's a way to tell players when they've increased their blood shard cap?
    Tyvalir: These are both great questions. Since this feature wasn't included in the current PTR patch notes, I can see how it may have caused some confusion.

The screen congratulating you for achieving a new personal best in Greater Rifts which now appears on the PTR for patch 2.2.0 is part of our goal of celebrating players' individual achievements better. Wyatt actually touched on this goal a bit in our last Tavern Talk, when he spoke about players comparing their progress to those on the Leaderboards rather than their own previous personal bests.

Aside from recognizing new personal bests in Greater Rifts with a pop-up notification (or "toast" as we call them), we're also increasing your Blood Shard cap by 10 for each Greater Rift level you complete. Ideally, this should make achieving new personal bests while climbing up in Greater Rift level feel more satisfying, regardless of whether or where you stack up on the Leaderboards.

While it can be fun to compete on the Leaderboards, at the end of the day, it's also important to us (as it is to all of you) to celebrate your personal achievements, too! Doing better than you did before deserves some fanfare, even if just a little. :)

Also, as a side note for those reading along, we're aware there's a bug that's causing the "close all windows" hotkey to close the Greater Rift completion screen as well, and we hope to have this fixed in the near future. [source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/16716091695[/source]

[caption id="attachment_247375" align="alignright" width="275"][​IMG] The community speaks with a single voice.[/caption]As with everything new, fans want more. Because moar. Some common requests, as seen later in that same Bnet thread:

If you're going to have this screen popup every single Greater Rift completion then at least have it display non-redundant information.

-Actual damage per second done during the rift
    - DPS against Elites
    -Damage Taken
    -Buff upkeep
    -Yards walked
    -Pylon/Shrines used

...Indeed it could be useful. At least not only some useless window that you don't even look at. Some stats like :

- Time spent on boss
    - Clear time (Even if you are not in the 15 min range)
    - Numbers of elites and monsters killed

It's not that much but a lot of times, I ran in GR with a stopwatch near me to gather some stats/informations that are useful to know for next runs...​

Those are good suggestions, but I think it probably exceeds the detail level Blizzard meant to include with this "congrats pretty graphic!" new feature. Who knows if the game even tracks those sort of details for each Grift individually? (I'd guess not, and it would be needless machine expense to enable it.) But who knows, this looks like a WiP version of the display, and it'll probably get some some iteration and improvement before v2.2.0 goes live in April.

Do you guys like the idea of it, at least?

[​IMG]Update: Wyatt Cheng added some info to the debate:

Yes this is to up the personal celebration even if you didn't get onto leaderboards.

Fun fact: If you have a pet like the collector's edition spectral hound, the little fella will be sitting next to you on that screen.

Note that this screen REPLACES the previous dialog box that appeared after you talked to Orek that listed your XP and Gold rewards (the box that pops up when you close the rift) - so this is exactly the same number of "OK" buttons as before - this one just looks way cooler.

We've discussed a few options for a future patch. Your current personal best for the grift mode you're in is a strong contender. Maybe list the times of a few friends or clan mates. Some fun stats like distance traveled, spells cast, survival bonuses are also possibilities.[source]http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2zqti3/ptr_is_this_new_i_like_it/[/source]

Continue reading the Original Story

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

Wyatt Cheng posted on Reddit that they plan on adding more info to it in the future, though they haven't decided what exactly yet. He does list some of the things they're considering: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2zqti3/ptr_is_this_new_i_like_it/

"Yes this is to up the personal celebration even if you didn't get onto leaderboards.

Fun fact: If you have a pet like the collector's edition spectral hound, the little fella will be sitting next to you on that screen.

Note that this screen REPLACES the previous dialog box that appeared after you talked to Orek that listed your XP and Gold rewards (the box that pops up when you close the rift) - so this is exactly the same number of "OK" buttons as before - this one just looks way cooler."

"We've discussed a few options for a future patch. Your current personal best for the grift mode you're in is a strong contender. Maybe list the times of a few friends or clan mates. Some fun stats like distance traveled, spells cast, survival bonuses are also possibilities."

3. TheChosenOne NL

TheChosenOne NL IncGamers Member

Its pointless so dont force me to click extra...

4. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I hate the XP and Gold pop up window and the "Paragon X reached". I can't even start thinking on how I feel about that pop up.

5. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

I care more about loot than any stat you could ever throw at me in a pop up window, please fix the rest of non - rift sanctuary and also our loot options.

6. koko

koko IncGamers Member

If your model is ugly go for Myriam...

7. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

I feel empowered by this image.

8. ImmortalD3

ImmortalD3 IncGamers Member

I like it, its one step closer to the idea i proposed a long time ago. I'd like to see stats of how much damage each player put out during the grift.