Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Game Boy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mhl12, May 17, 2005.

1. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

2. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

This is what excites me "gamers will be able to connect to Nintendo’s online database and purchase games back from 20 years ago and download them directly to their system." Taken from this source

They also say the same thing about their newest console. (source) I could finally own my own copy of Tactics Ogre for the SNES. Goodbye ROMs. :yep:

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

But think about your eyes man! Your eyes!!!!!!!! :lol:

4. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Since when did Sony own the portable gaming market? The DS has done more innotive things than Sony have done in years. The only console I can think of that your commenting about the blindness is the visual boy...

Snes > Most consoles and had some of the best games in my opinion, nice to see Nintendo thinking about Retro fans.

Anyway your link doesnt work.

5. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Just type in Nintendo in the Google News section, and there ya go.

6. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I so totally agree with you on the SNES part. The SNES today still probably stands as my all time favourite console system. It had the largest number of titles that I loved, and the replay factor for its games was amazing. Legend of Zelda:Link to the past,Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Allstars, Super Mario World etc etc etc.

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

I never meant that Sony owned the portable gaming market. I was just saying that this is another attempt by Nintendo to take it all back for themselves.

Anyway, I edited the link and it should work now.

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

If I ever see a kid playing with one of those, I'm gonna ask him how long does he think it's gonna take him before he loses 100% of his sight.

9. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

I dont think anyone has owned any gaming market really, Consoles are aimed at different audiences and have different games to suit the aimed market.

10. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

No, Nintendo's been dominating the portable gaming market for ages. No one machine has ever given it a run for it's money, not the GameGear nor the N-Gage.

11. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

I was mainly talking about the none portable gaming. Badly worded on my part, sorry about that.

Anyway talking of portable gaming im looking for a Colour Gameboy at the moment :p

12. piff

piff IncGamers Member

I played Nintendo DS for the first time, playing Warioware Touched. It was so fun I had trouble leaving the store. I don't really care who makes what, but I sure am happy with all of the new gaming innovations.

As for the Nintendo you can download games for...well...I can't freaking wait. Forget Sony and Microsoft's new systems. I'm just saving up for that starting now.

13. Eff

Eff Banned

i don't know if anyone has said this yet, but these portable gaming devices used to be fun until they started costing over $100

14. Nword

Nword Banned

Well cellphone screens are generally smaller from what I've seen... I only hear about radiation, not cellphone gamers going blind :lol:

15. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

in a gameboy thread? why?

16. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

<3

Have any of you ever played Tales of Phantasia? (With the DeJap patch?) It's by far my favourite SNES game of all-time.

17. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

Sony is also working on developing demos, games, and other stuff to be directly downloaded wirelessly from the psp.

18. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

A friend of mine told me last night that there's going to be if there's not already emulators for the PSP. For those who may not know, emulators allow the system to play games (ROMs) from other systems simply by downloading and installing them. If this is actually true, this could change everything. There would be no need to DL Nintendo games for a fee if you could play any of those games for free on emulators. I know there's NES, SNES, GB, PS, and N64 ROMs out there, but I dont know if they'd all play on the PSP.

19. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

The first SNES emulator has come out for the PSP. Many people have tested it on many games and said that it does indeed work. However, a psp emulator for the computer has not been made yet. All the sites that say that it has are fake. There is no working psp emulator for the computer.

20. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Oh, I didnt mean a PSP emulator for the computer. I'm not expecting one to come out (at least for a very long time). I was just comparing the use of the new Game Boys to the use of the PSP.

Do you happen to know if any other emulators beside the SNES one are going to be coming out?