Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New feature for d2...? Still need more testing, help is needed! de

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by xlodtraderx, Mar 20, 2004.

1. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

New feature for d2...? Still need more testing, help is needed!

Over the past few months of playing 1.10, i've made an account full of godly characters...and when i was lving them, one very strange thing has happend. It occurs to me that monsters give different xp to different types of characters!

I lv with my lv 83 lighting fury ama and do eldrich / shenk 8 player games...SLOW lving...very VERY slow lving. Killing speed is very fast. Go with my lv 83 hammardin...EXACT same situations...he lvs VERY fast. And he kills almost the same as the javazon. Go on my lv 82 necro...same thing as javazon. Go on my lv 82 barb...same thing as my hammardin. See a pattern here? I duno...but i really think this is a new feature to provide balance for the characters...?

*THIS was before I ever got an annilus charm, because i got my first annilus charm when my first character (meteorb sorc) was over lv 85. And all my annilus charms had almost he same % exp...maybe 1 or 2 diff. BUT if that was the case (which im pretty sure isnt). 1 or 2% could not possibly match the speed difference in lving in the exact same situations. Btw, i've conducted more tests over the last couple days in private 1 player games...the same results show execpt now these characters are lv 86+.

What do YOU think? Has this occurence ever happend to you?

2. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

interesting - i have made tons of characters myself, and have found that through leveling, certain ones seem to level quicker than others - but there are so many other factors that play in, i pushed it aside.

namely, my paladin and sorceress seemed to level the quickest. i'll get back to you on this as more speculation incrues here.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

seems to me necros are harder to lvl than others...same with barbs

4. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

hey ryshen...can i get ur account name? Still wanna hook up with ur group on west laddar ^^