Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new dream question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by fatboymode, Jun 8, 2005.

1. fatboymode

fatboymode IncGamers Member

new dream question

hi everyone..
    i have question for dreamdin gear.
    1. if both me and my act2 merc are wearing the dream helm and shield .am i going to have level60 holy shock aura??

2. if my merc is wearing the lite jewl wep..that's gonna stack on overall aura damage as well right?

3. if 2 dreamdin are ally..they gonna stack each other's aura too?

i thinking of building a dreamdin...both my pally and merc will be wearing the double dream helm and shield....plus lite jewl in 6soc sword...

any critic, comment and help are welcome....

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

1. No, they won't stack. Your merc will have his own holy shock just as you have your own. Since the only guy that can wear dream helm+shield is the act 3, there isn't much point to doing that.

2. a 6 faceted sword would indeed increase the mercs damage, but enough to be worth it

3. see answer one. dreams from multiple party members don't stack.

ok, comments here. a "dreamer" makes use of the free level 30 holy shock aura by usually maxing at least one synergy (resist lightning here) and then using a combat skill and another aura to go with it, conviction being the most popular. Now knowing this, facets do increase the overall damage, but a 6 facteted sword isnt' much use for anything else. However, a crescent moon phase blade gives ias, -35 enemy lightning resist (more than the best facet sword), nice ed, and itd. essentially, a shock zealots wet dream. add in it with the conviction+holy shock and enough ias for 4 fpa zeal, and you have a mean guy. great pvm, but I am not sure it would work so well for pvp.

--welt

3. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

A Cresent Moon weilding Dreamer can really mess some people up in PvP, I had one of these that owned. Some would definitely consider it BM, though, b/c as soon as you leave town you start passively shocking someone who is convicted and has another -35 lit res hitting them, lol. If you can overcome your AR problems and hit someone they go down in ~2 hits: 7k lit dmage when your resists are lowere 185% hurts. Or you can just run around let them chase you and your passive shock damage will kil them in 5~10 hits. Mmmmm... ;)

Cheesy.

4. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

unless fighting another dreamer with doom, or silence... in which case you wouldnt even bother him. presuming you both have the same level conviction.

5. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

1) no.
    2) yes... but only on his aura damage.
    3) no.

its not worth it to invest in 6x high lightning facets... unless you plan on using it with a sorc or something down the road. its way to expensive for the slight increase in damage you'll see in your mercs aura, since the mercs have no natural mastery, and cant synergize holy lightning. as for a 6x5/5 wep yourself... this is still a waste... since its basically valueless outside of your use. there are much better choices for pvping or pvming... grief, doom, and beast recieve my highest recommendation. cresent moon is good too... as well as eth stormlash. if you're building a co-operative dreamer (to pvm with your friends dreamer or w/e) i suggest using might/fanaticism your choice aura instead of conviction... and making something like a grief zerker/pb (respectively) your main weapon. another excellent option is a faith weilding act 1 merc... this allows you to hit the last breakpoints for zeal without resorting to fanaticism yourself... and without limiting you to a phase blade.