Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new discoveries on drop mechanism and how to use it

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wronggg, May 23, 2019.

1. wronggg

wronggg IncGamers Member

i reckon anyone who click on this must be hardcore diablo2 players so i'll try to be breif
    new discoveries:
    1 according to drop rate research:drop rate of rune number n:n+1 is fixed.for example ,in every 1000 rune drops,there are 5% high runes among them(not the exact number though).that means in order to get high runes,it is not depend on how many you kill,but how much low runes you already dropped.if killed 1000 monster and get no rune,that equals 0 progress.
    2 after months of testing i find that you can get a high rune after every 60 low runes (on average,min:3 max:200),that means the highest amount of low rune drop is also fixed! if you have already droped 200 low runes and no high rune ,the next one must be a high rune.so it is not exactly like in real world,every time you kill one is not independent event.every no drop makes the rate a little higher,and that we can use.
    3 the countess shares the same drop patterns with other places! say if your pit run drops 12,13,28 rune in that sequence,if you choose countess run instead it would drop 12,13,24---because the highest rune drop from her is 24.this also can be looked at this way:the designer don't need to put extra work on developing new drop patterns for the countess, they can just use the same rule and then cap the highest drop to 24.of course i cant prove it unless i have time mechine to do a contrast ,but i failed to disprove it,please see further explaination below.

how to use it to get high rune more quickly :
    1 countess farm for low runes(#1-#19),if you reach 30 runes and no luck,go to step 2,if high rune has dropped,repeat step one
    2 lower kurast chest farm for low runes(now there is a high possibility that you would get a high rune along the way).if you reach 60 runes and no luck,go to step 3.if high rune has dropped,repeat step one
    3 continue countess farm for low runes until high rune appear.then repeat.

this way the high rune drop efficiency will be dramatically improved.
    as mentioned above,sometimes you can drop 200 low rune and get nothing,so method matters:
    for every 200 low runes:
    countess run can be done within 1 hour
    lower kurast chest run,days maybe weeks
    pit run may take months
    using this method,i start a barb charactor,4days later i already have a gridf blade!
    but that might be just dumb luck though,it would takes more work to prove it,but to disprove it is simple:if someone find that they already droped 250,300 or more low runes and still nothing ,that means there is no rule ,the number is not fixed and this method be disproved.

2. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

How many trials of this process did you do?

3. wronggg

wronggg IncGamers Member

it's been months now.
    i'm certain the max number of low runes dropped is around 200,after that you will get a high rune guaranteed

4. wronggg

wronggg IncGamers Member

anyone tried it yet?