new diablo 3 release date predicto

xxdeadxx

Diabloii.Net Member
new diablo 3 release date predicto

i thought it might be fun to redo this, knowing what we now know, and it being just about a month before blizzcon when i believe a release date will be revealed, i hope, so no trolling with "when its done" or "its been done before"

we all know it has been done, a long time ago, so ill start this..

i think ill be playing d3 September 27th 2011

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: new diablo 3 release date predicto

I think we should wait till after Blizzcon when they've announced the beta :)

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

this is still a sticky on the forum dont see a need for 2. also agree with mince, probably best to wait til after blizzcon to start guessing again

xxdeadxx

Diabloii.Net Member

I think we should wait till after Blizzcon when they've announced the beta :)
that's what i meant the fun to be, i was guessing and hoping for a release date at blizzcon, if we wait tell after blizzcon there would be no point because hopefully it will be announced.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

i would bet everything i had that there will be no release date announced at blizzcon

Flux

Administrator

you can update your original prediction in the original thread. I did, over a year ago. You just get a little * by your pick.

I joked about it in a main page post recently, but we could have a "predict the release date of the release date" contest. Guess when Blizz will actually tell us?

I think that would be fairly pointless, since it won't be until shortly before the actual release date. There's no way we'll learn an exact D3 release date before we're well into the beta, since that's how they did it with SC2. The current WOW expansion doesn't even have a release date yet, and they're well into the beta. (SC2's was announced May 4 --> July 27). So take your release date pick and subtract 2-3 months = release date announcement!?

Really, our best hope at Blizzcon is a D3 beta announcement, since the game would likely be out around 6 months after the beta began.

tradinfool

USEast Trade Moderator

According the the October issue of Game Informer Magazine the release date will be fiscal year 2011 (March 2011 - March 2012). Diablo III has been included with a one page atricale in the back of the mag, the preview section.

I would scan the article and post it but am pretty sure that is a copyright violation, Mod please confirm.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

i am sure they would love to get it out by then but how strict will they be with the "when its done" policy?

Flux

Administrator

According the the October issue of Game Informer Magazine the release date will be fiscal year 2011 (March 2011 - March 2012). Diablo III has been included with a one page atricale in the back of the mag, the preview section.

I would scan the article and post it but am pretty sure that is a copyright violation, Mod please confirm.
Please, scan and post it. You can put it in your user gallery here, or right into the magazine scan gallery.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=521

Full magazine features we don't post until after that month, when the magazine's not on the shelves anymore, but no one's buying the mag for just one page. If someone from Game Informer asks, we'll take it down.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member

Not a chance this ships earlier than late 2011. And that's probably out of the question since they don't even have the 5th class in a state they can show.

Then there will be months/years of content development and polish (I hope). I hope all the areas of the game are like the trailers they showed at the original Paris blizzcon.

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member

Not a chance this ships earlier than late 2011. And that's probably out of the question since they don't even have the 5th class in a state they can show.
Even though the 5th class is being revealed in less than a month?

Ninyu

Diabloii.Net Member

Then there will be months/years of content development and polish (I hope). I hope all the areas of the game are like the trailers they showed at the original Paris blizzcon.
You just pulled that out of thin air, didn't you?

Mackan

Diabloii.Net Member

I still remember Rob Pardo saying that they want to announce their games 1.5 years before a release. That guy had no clue about the state of Diablo 3. :)

If Diablo 3 slips into 2012, it will be over 3.5 years, maybe even 4 years, after the game was announced. That's a holy ****.

I think the chances for a release in 2011 are "good".