Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Demon Hunter Legs Explained

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

[​IMG]

[caption id="attachment_384814" align="alignright" width="250"][​IMG] Labeled recurve bow.[/caption]The Demon Hunter has only a few new legendary items in Patch 2.3.0, and a couple of the items that were added don't seem to work with skills that turn Hatred spenders into Hatred Generators. Today DH dev John Yang dropped by the PTR Bug forum to offer some explanation:

Demon Hunter-Wraps of Clarity

Wraps of Clarity not procing with Kridershot: use the bracers and use Krider+elemental arrow as your generator and it doesn't proc the damage reducing buff. I assume this is not the intended use as the wording seemed quite similar to Focus+restraint buffs.

Wraps of Clarity not procing with Spines of Seething Hatred. Use the bracers and spines+chakram as your generator and it doesn't proc the damae reducing buff. I assume this is not the intended use as the wording seemed quite similar to Focus+restraint buffs.

Hunter's Wrath: im going to go out on a limb and assume this one doesn't work with these items mentioned above either.

John Yang: Hi all. I wanted to clarify the design intent and functionality for these two items - Hunter's Wrath and Wraps of Clarity:

Hunter's Wrath -- Belt, Your Hatred generators attack 30% faster and deal 30-40% increased damage.
    This item is intended to be an option to increase Hatred generation for builds that spend Hatred as the primary source of damage, such as Marauder's and Unhallowed Essence with Multishot. The item was designed, tested, and tuned with primary skills in mind and as such will not work with Elemental Arrow+Kridershot or Chakram+Spines of Seething Hatred. The tooltip will be clarified to say "primary skills" instead of "Hatred generators" in a future PTR patch.

Wraps of Clarity -- Bracers, Your Hatred generators reduce your damage taken by 30-35% for 5 seconds
    This item is intended to be a defensive option to fit into most builds, including builds that use Elemental Arrow/Chakram as Hatred generators and was designed and tuned as such. Many Demon Hunter builds currently could benefit from a defensive option in the bracer slot and no build should be able to over-benefit from the existing design and tuning values. With that all said, the Wraps of Clarity will be changed to work with Kridershot/Spines of Seething Hatred in a future PTR patch.[source]http://www.diabloii.net/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/18300221014[/source]

There are three other new Demon Hunter legendary items also in the patch, including a Multishot bow named for John himself. Click through for those details.

Here are the new Demon Hunter items in Patch 2.3.0.

Hunter’s Wrath
    • New Legendary Belt
      • Your Hatred generators attack 30% faster and deal 30-40% increased damage

• The Demon’s Demise
      • New Legendary Hand Crossbow
        • Spike Trap – Sticky Trap spreads to nearby enemies when it explodes

• Wraps of Clarity
      • New Legendary Bracers
        • Your Hatred generators reduce your damage taken by 30-35% for 5 seconds

• Yang’s Recurve
      • New Legendary Bow
        • Multishot attacks 40% faster
        • Rolls with +30-40% Resource Cost Reduction

• Valla’s Bequest (Replaces Izzucob)
      Legendary Hand Crossbow
      • Strafe now pierces
        • Note: Demolition will only pierce once

• I've played a lot of DH on the PTR but haven't tried any of these items out since none of them are designed to work with the Natalya's set, and I find that set infinitely more fun to use than Marauder's or UE. I am amused that they added a Multishot bow this patch after adding a Multishot set (Unhallowed Essence) and a Multishot quiver (Dead Man's Legacy) last patch. Bliz clearly designed the UE set to support with Multishot as the main skill, and it does, but UE works even better with Kridershot + Lightning Balls, so players have spent Season 3 using the Multishot set, but only firing Multishot about every 4.8 seconds; just often enough to keep the Focus/Restraint spender buff active.

I don't know that Yang's Recurve will be enough to change that, but I've got a nice ancient one sitting in my stash on the PTR, and I might try it out, if I can stand to stop using the super active fast moving Natalya's Set long enough to endure the "stand at the edge of the screen and right click" play style of the UE set. Using boring builds just to test new items really puts the "T" in PTR.
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  2. DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave IncGamers Member

When I play Nats, it's very much from the edge of the screen. Different play style and feel between UE and nats, no doubt, but both force you to kite IMHO.

3. Silent Killer

Silent Killer IncGamers Member

Nats is cute and all but with the CC nerf, strafe will kill you and ROV+Reflect will kill you. DH will be forced to kite. The most efficient kite spec is UE...

...OR you could figure out that spike trap build for us :)