Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new d3 forums!!!!1!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

new d3 forums!!!!1!!

Just one d3 forum is feeling way overcrowded, so we've created a bunch of others that we hope will allow conversation to continue in more neatly-organized fashion. the d3 forums are now:

Hopefully those names make clear enough what each is for. obviously there will be some overlap on discussions, but we think this will be for the best. I'll be moving threads from the original d3 forum (which is now the d3 community forum) to the new forums as seems appropriate, so sorry about the inevitable broken links. If a post you were reading vanishes, it's not deleted, just in another forum.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Re: new d3 forums!!!!1!!

arguments about the forum designations, and suggestions for others are welcome. further changes are entirely possible.

3. Glaurung

Glaurung IncGamers Member

Please add :
    "Tech specs , and other geeky stuff...",
    "Fan Art"
    " News "
    :)

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

There is a spelling error in "Characters and Skill". Right now it reads "Charcters and Skill". There is also an unnecessary comma and period in "Story, Plot, and Theme."

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

there is a news forum for all d1/d2/d3/etc news now; it's up a level on the forum directory, and I don't think it's going to be changed or added to. (even when we move the site to a new domain name in the immediate future) ;)

as for a forum for d3 fan art... dunno. is there a demand for that? could/should it be combined with fan fiction? Also, is there a need for a d3 fan art gallery different than the d2 fan art gallery? I think they can coexist, and all the d3 pieces (coming in the future) will show up on page 1 anyway, since the default sort is by date added.

Also, what about d3 fan fiction? we've got a fan fiction forum already; no need to duplicate it, but maybe we'll have it display in the d3 forum group instead/also.

I put all the tech posts (most of the complaining about the color levels in the graphics) into the bnet/tech forum now. it's a slightly unholy merger, but there weren't enough posts to justify a bnet forum, and most of the posts about bnet were talking about technical issues, so... maybe i'll change the name to put "technical" first in the description.

6. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Confused me earlier when I wandered into the D3 Community Forum without realising and couldn't find the mafia thread.

I did have a look after that for a SP forum, but I guess there won't be much use for that until the game's released anyway. As to the fan art, I'd agree that it can probably be contained in one gallery. Especially if you consider it as a "Diablo" fan art gallery, and not just a "Diablo 2" gallery. Each game just describes different parts of the same storyline. Same for fiction IMO.

It's good to see the forum moving forward with the Diablo series though, with the new domain name. Guess I'll have to change my bookmark. :grin:

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

added a fan art forum.

there's been a request for a D3 HC forum. if the topic of hardcore is to be discussed, it would be in the wish list/suggestion forum, or general forum. if the goal is more to create a forum for hc-minded players to discuss all game issues... that's do-able.

also considering an Items forum, for discussion of items issues. we'll probably wait and see how the discussion levels are in the various new forums before further pie-slicing.

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Flux,

Excellent idea, thank you very much.

Kindest regards,

Baranor

9. Hello Jim

Hello Jim IncGamers Member

Really big Kudas on the new forums. You suprised me on the very best side of suprise.
    So well done. And thank you

^^

10. Glaurung

Glaurung IncGamers Member

Just a thought.
    Edit buttons still missing from alot of the forums .
    It would be easier and cleaner if we could edit our posts.
    But Awesome job so far :)

11. Flux

Flux Administrator

added items and hardcore forums. I think that's it, for the time being. Until bliz announces some more characters, at least.

12. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

IMO the list is getting too long and it's making the forum as a whole more messy to read. If you are going to have that many subforums, perhaps a complete separate D3 forum is more in place. Although, personally, I think some things simply don't deserve their own subforum yet (like individual classes).

I know I can collapse the D3 forum, but I'd like to at least read the general discussion of that part.

13. Flux

Flux Administrator

We're sensitive to spreading things out too much, but this afternoon there are still well over 250 people viwing the main d3 forum, including more than 50 registered users, and posts are scrolling down to page 2 in less than 3 hours, and I have my CP set to show the most posts per page allowed.

Everyone posting in the same forum keeps things lively, but it hurts actual debate about issues and topics, since the threads are gone too quickly. Hence the topic-specific sub forums where threads will last and conversations can take place.

We're going to re-evaluate the overall forum layout this week, as we do some other site format changes, and we might separate the d2 and d3 forums for display reasons, or just simplicity.

14. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

I think you should buy a new domain once the game is released. So far I agree with Stephan things are getting a bit hmmmmmm too chaos-ish.

15. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

This ain't diabloii.net no more...