Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New D2 player looking for first build help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by rayschaller, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rayschaller

rayschaller IncGamers Member

New D2 player looking for first build help

Hey there recently decided to start playing d2 and such been great so far..been playing a druid wolf/summoner for aobut 2 days.

Now i like the assassin and the MA and SD skills look fun and melee wise i like that , but i keep seeing traps in builds.

Do i need to have traps in a build to be a good assassin or what are some essential melee skills i need for say hell difficulty...jsut dont want to end up a gimp chr in the higher difficulties,thanks in advance for ur help!!

2. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

I am gathering from your concern with hell level viability that this will be a pvm assassin. In that case I would say traps are essential. The problem with the assassin as a pure melee character is her lack of a good melee crowd control skill.

IMO for a good pvm sin skills such as cloak of shadows and death sentry are a must. Use the cloak to blind your enemies, kill 1 or 2 of them with a melee skill, and then lay down some death sentries. The corpse explosion will help as you whittle down the packs.

You don't have to have your build dominated by traps, just a few points in death sentry will go a long way to making your character strong in hell skill.

The best of luck to you, and welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

3. rayschaller

Thanks so much that's exactley what i was looking for...when u say pvm u mean just single player?Cause i've been goofing with some batlenet jsut like partying for act1 and enjoy that too,but thansk for the advice it's exactly what i was lookking for !!

4. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

mind blast is a decent crowd control skill too...
    and also the ice charge on pheonix strike :)

5. Woreczko

Woreczko IncGamers Member

I would say that there are 2 traps (both effective with only 1 point invested) that any melee assasin should consider taking. The first one is Death Sentry, thanks to it`s corpse explosion. It will cost you 5 skill points to get it.

The other being Blade fury. It will act as a "free" ranged attack, only 25% weaker than your h2h attacks and very fast. It`s very helpful when you are iron maidened, fighting FE pack or just being tired of chasing imps. Getting Blade fury will cost 4 points and getting both BF and DS will take 8 pts.

I`d suggest taking only one of these skills, DS is usually considered better, however your shadow master may cast DS for you, while he will never use BF.

6. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

pvm can be online, it just means player versus monster, rather than player versus player (duel).

7. rayschaller

Ahh thank u for some insight to the what and why ,and thank u everyone for helping me out with this chr..