Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New computer--can't install!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Bossdog, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Bossdog

Bossdog IncGamers Member

New computer--can't install!!

Just got a new computer. Am trying to install Diablo II. The installation keeps stalling out, I get the message "Setup was unable to copy the following files d2speech.mpq error0x00000017.data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    c:\d2\tools\diabinst\source\diskundo.cpp:246. If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.
    Bossdog

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

CRC errors indicate faulty discs. If the game won't install on multiple computers, you either have scratches on the disc or it has deteriorated from bad treatment. You can try to have the disc resurfaced, but if that does not work, you need to buy/send-in for a new CD.

Sorry, but that's the only way - I have yet to hear about people fixing CRC problems by any other method.

3. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Get a friend's CD and install that way if you can. Just be sure to use YOUR CD key and not your friend's.

4. Bossdog

Bossdog IncGamers Member

Thanks guys (or girls). I'll try the resurfacing first, don't know anyone nearby that has an install CD. I wonder if Blizzard would send me a new Cd if I sent them the old one?????