New Class?

Knightmare

Diabloii.Net Member
New Class?

If there were to be a new type of character in Diablo, what kind of character should/would it be?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Beastie Boy said:
How about a sugestive pirate that throws the uber 1337 empty beer can at unsuspecting victems.
Hmm...you may be onto something BIG.

*Throws beer cans*
*Kills various things in the face*

*Looks around for Blizzard support of my actions*

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
GIR said:
Midgets. Who wouldn't want to run up and kick Diablo square in the shins?
Better use the inflate potion after he steps on you :p

I would like a Potionist, a dude or dudette that uses the throwing potions..

iamscottbowdown

Diabloii.Net Member
ULTIMATER said:

I would like a Potionist, a dude or dudette that uses the throwing potions..
He would need a skill with +5000% damage or something to make that usefull.

I would still say a Ninja/Samuri(cant spell!). And you should be able to dual wield swords. A longer one and a smaller one for blocking. And he should have a zeal type attack with uses both swords.

Or maybe a red mage who would have healing and attack spells. One tab is Healing spells (and undead fighting spells). The 2nd is attack: it has 3 colums for fire, lighting, and ice. He would have to have different spells than the sorceress though. His middle tab could be Alterations or something. He should have demi in there (used in many old rpgs, reduces health a percent--no more sorc only static) and quake. also poison, slow(slows them like holy freeze), haste(ias on target and faster run/walk), protect (reduces damage taken by 20%), and Osmose!! (cost 1 mana, drains enemy's health and converts to mana).

Beastie Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
iamscottbowdown said:
He would need a skill with +5000% damage or something to make that usefull.

I would still say a Ninja/Samuri(cant spell!). And you should be able to dual wield swords. A longer one and a smaller one for blocking. And he should have a zeal type attack with uses both swords.

Or maybe a red mage who would have healing and attack spells. One tab is Healing spells (and undead fighting spells). The 2nd is attack: it has 3 colums for fire, lighting, and ice. He would have to have different spells than the sorceress though. His middle tab could be Alterations or something. He should have demi in there (used in many old rpgs, reduces health a percent--no more sorc only static) and quake. also poison, slow(slows them like holy freeze), haste(ias on target and faster run/walk), protect (reduces damage taken by 20%), and Osmose!! (cost 1 mana, drains enemy's health and converts to mana).
recovering from EQ?

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Beastie Boy said:
palidans are monks
Paladins aren't even close to being the monks that I meant. Remember a game called Diablo I? It used to have this expansion pack called Hellfire which added the classes Monk and Bard. Monk had bonuses for fighting unarmed, bard could dual wield weapons...and so on...

GIR

Banned
ULTIMATER said:
Inflate potion? Pfft. Apparently you've never stepped on a midget before.

They're squishy. They bounce right back. That's what makes my New Character idea so grand!

Dazuni

Diabloii.Net Member
New class / character would have to be ewoks who can create House robot from robot wars like Necro with Iron golem.

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
Besides introducing elves into the Diablo 2 mythology would require a major rewrite so I say that elves are out too.

New class ideas:

Saber cats: I guess they were not all corrupted.

Monk: Would probably have to inherit the whole martial arts scheme from the assassin. Should be able to do something special with staff-type weapons.

Beastie Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
This is a thread on what you would like to see if a charecter class could be introduced into the game, not on the fesability of it. So what if they had to write a new book to intro the elf. That would rock.

Palladins are of a differant race but they are still a char class:p
So make a specific char. Class for the elves. What if you could controll a small army of them and they were all rangers like 7 or 8. Then the leader of the army could heal the rest of the party, and cast mana rebuilding spells, or other spells against monsters.