Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new charge idea

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by XloganvalentineX, Jun 20, 2005.

1. XloganvalentineX

XloganvalentineX IncGamers Member

new charge idea

uhhh I feeel like making a new chargadin but, with a twist instead of the usual, 1 hand weapon, shield, holy shield, fanact instead itll be like this
    max charge
    max might
    max vigor
    max the ar aura

equipment
    Etheral Breath Of The Dying Warpike

Etheral Zod'd Gladiator's Bane

Rare Helm that gives AR based on level, and other mods, fhr, etc

Angelic Amulet, 2x Rings

Hsarus' Boots/Belt?

Draculs, or 20Ias Gloves

What do you think? Purpose would be GIGANTIC AR, GIGANTIC Damage, 1-2 hit KO's?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if you want to maximize damage, you need a damage aura. also, as far as i can tell, charge doesn't use ias.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Why not fortitude? Oh, and I was taught recently, Charge can be blocked. :confused:

4. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

I assume this is for PvM. In PvP, this build will not stand for long. If you can afford an eBotD, I would recommend an Archon Staff instead of a War Pike:

1. It has a much better damage range - 83 to 99 (91 Avg). For a slow attack like Charge, consistent damage is much more crucial than a high maximum.

2. It has no dexterity requirement (you're not using a shield anyway).

3. It has a strength requirement of only 34 (versus 165 for War Pike).

4. It has a range of only 2 (versus 5 for War Pike), which is much more effective for a Charger.

5. Style points are off the charts.

5. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

Charge works better with a LARGE range weapon. With a small range weapon you will miss more often, and get charge-lock more often. IMO ebotd warpike is a better choice.

)pAnda(

6. KillJoyBob

How is weapon range related to hitting and missing in Charge? Are you refering to trying to hit a moving target?

I just thought that since you cannot Charge critters within your weapon range, it might be better to have a shorter range weapon. This is based on my experience in PvM.

7. pAnda_fury

A direct quote from the Paladin FAQ:

"Charge: When charging, your weapon range is very important, and you’ll hit much more with a range 3 weapon (such as a Berserker Axe) than with a range 1 weapon (such as a Legendary Mallet)."

)pAnda(

8. KillJoyBob

It sounds counter-intuitive to me. Do you know why this would be? I figure the only thing effecting to-hit should be AR.

9. pAnda_fury

The range matters. I think you can kind of think of it as this way. Think of charge as an area of affect attack. The larger your range the larger the area of attack. For example, if you are charging someone at x, but by the time you reach them, they have moved a bit to their left. If your weapon range is large enough they will still be hit by your charge even though they are off to the side a bit. Obviously, if you use a smaller range weapon and miss when the move to the side, charge-lock might occur.

I'm not sure if this is the exact reason but I and others have found through experience that weapons with larger ranges are more effective for charge.
    This is why I use The General's Tan Do Li Ga until I'm about level 60. It is a great weapon! :lol:

)pAnda(