New characterneed 2 hours...

SKGundam

Diabloii.Net Member
New characterneed 2 hours...

So does it mean i have to play for 2 hours or does the 2 hours count up everytime im in a game to keep my char for 90 days?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Once your char is in a game for 2 hours, then the expiration tag is removed, and you'll only have to use the char once every 90 days. Your char does not actually have to play; idling in a game is enough.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
For new characters, they'll need to be in a game for a total of 2 hours before they are "burned" in on the server. Before they are burned in though, each login to the bnet servers will reset the expiration time, so as long as you log into the character before 10 days you'll keep him/her alive until they have been in some games for longer than 2 hours.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
And just to be clear, the time adds up. You can be in two games for an hour each, it'll be the same as two full hours in one game. You could even be in a hundred and twenty games for a minute each, it'll do the same thing.

SKGundam

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks, i wished they explained that in when you make a new char, staying in a game for 2 hours esspecially a mule char would be almost boring

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks, i wished they explained that in when you make a new char, staying in a game for 2 hours esspecially a mule char would be almost boring
When I need to perm a new mule, I let it sit in a game while I go to work. I know how to make a char idle so that it is constantly running with no one doing anything, so that the game doesn't see a lack of activity and drop you.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
no need for such crude method.

hover your cursor over an item and type something in the msgbox without entering. you will not get kicked due to idling, unless game crashes.
If this method works, that would be much easier. My method involves finding a very specific spot in the rogue encampment that you can click on the stash, and basically break the game's pathfinding algorithms, making him run constantly. There are spots where it can be more easily done in act 2 and act 5, but mules don't go past act one.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
If this method works, that would be much easier. My method involves finding a very specific spot in the rogue encampment that you can click on the stash, and basically break the game's pathfinding algorithms, making him run constantly. There are spots where it can be more easily done in act 2 and act 5, but mules don't go past act one.
haha I know what you mean. wow must be pretty complicated to find that spot all the time.

yes, my method works 100%.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually play my mules for the 2 hour burn in. I like killing monsters and finding stuff...even in Act 1 Normal!:flip:

plant

Diabloii.Net Member
Does /fps work? After using the /fps thing for some time I still don't know whether it's true or not :scratch:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Considering that /fps is just painting some numbers on your screen that are being kept track of anyway, I wouldn't imagine so.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
If I need to perm a mule I go watch TV and come back every now and then in ad breaks and move him around a little, or remake the game if I got really lazy and it disappeared.

I do it in time I wouldn't normally be using the computer anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Although these days there is very little of that kind of time...

templeofnogwa

Diabloii.Net Member
I've made new characters that have been in a game for over the 2 hour minimum, and still weren't permed(and I'm not talking a few minutes more than 2 hours, it's more like 3 or 4 hours without the game dropping).