Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new character

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by barbboy, Mar 20, 2005.

1. barbboy

barbboy IncGamers Member

new character

Hi, I want to start over with a new character. I also want to give the good stuff from my old character to the new one. So, how do I do it?
    THanks.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

On battlenet, create a game, wait 5 minutes at least, make a safety logoff and logon, so you see the game will persist for 5 minutes and that you correctly remembered name and password. Then drop the drop items, log on with the target character, pick up stuff and (important) leave the game. The final part is important as well, as the game might crash and your target character will get rolled back, i.e. its equipment will be gone. Leaving the game (among other actions) will save your character on the bnet server. A safe alternative would be having a 100% trustful friend and pass the items via a trade window. I'm sure that a friendly moderator from these forums or a respected member will help you with that as well.

In single player, get ATMA, a muling program for single player from atma.diabloii.net. BTW, it has the best item drop calculator I know.

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

krishan's method will work and is often used, but the BEST method for transferring on bnet is to have a friend help. Give him the stuff, leave, and come back with a new character and get it. There are alot of people here on the forums that are trustworthy and wouldn't mind helping if you don't have anyone else to help transfer.

4. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

MAKE SURE you trust the person though, especially with higher valued stuff. It's amazing what friendships will degrade to when high valued stuff is involved, esp. if these friendships are only online.

5. barbboy

barbboy IncGamers Member

I have a very good friend I can trust, so I'll use that method. I know him personally and know where he lives, so even if he steals my stuff I know where to find him. :D

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.