Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New char

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Flamme, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

New char

So I'm thinking of making a paladin. Now I have NO experience whatsoever with a palading. Looking at the guides there is alot of options, but I have no ide what differs one build from another in terms of gamplay, strenght and weaknesses.

Could someone give me a brief(just a few lines) description of the usual types of paladins build. Preferably also wether their cheap or expensive to build as I'm not rich.

Any comment will be highly appriciated.

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: New char

Hammerdin-Overpowered, can clear pvm and pvp with ease. Takes little gear to get started, a few +skills such as a spirit sword and shield, and an insight pole arm on your merc and your set to clear hell. Only 1 type of monster in the game is immune to the magic dmg from the blessid hammers and those can be skipped in act 3. The more you put into the hammerdin the better it gets, as with most characters, try to aim to get an enigma as an end game armor so you can teleport through the game if you decide to mf or play pvp.

Smiter-Good for ubers/pvp. Can be made pretty cheap to do ubers, not so effective in general pvm since smite only hits 1 target at a time, and also has knockback. Easy to use in pvp. Grief is the end all weapon for this build aim to get one.

Zealer-Better for general pvm than a smiter, can also do ubers if you have the proper gear(again can be done very cheaply) because you need 1 point into smite to get holy shield. Suffers from PI immunes and also the dreaded IM curse. Mainly the same gear as a smiter.