New Char, who can confirm this please?

munroebagger2000

Diabloii.Net Member
New Char, who can confirm this please?

I made a bunch of mules last weekend so I can start cleaning up my chars and have been too busy to touch any of them since, so they all have the 6 days left message now. I started a game with one then decided to change to a different char and when I went back to the choose char screen it said the char I had made the game with, for all of like 5 seconds, was back to 10 days left. I thought the rule was play new char for 2 hours in 2 days or lose it period? All the t-fering i did with her PLUS the 5 secs in the game today amounts to not more than 10 minutes of play since I made her.

Can I just keep resetting the mules back to 10 days if I go into the chat rooms once a week with them?

Sorry if this is really unclear, so tired right now...

Any comments would be much appreciated

M

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
yes goin into a game(no matter how short) will reset them back to 10 days, but will not take the counter to 90 or so days as if you played it for 2 hrs

Ferrous

Diabloii.Net Member
that's accurate. You just play with a new character for a little bit then the counter is back up to ten days....I don't know if it's two consecutive hours or two full additive hours.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
munroebagger2000 said:
Can I just keep resetting the mules back to 10 days if I go into the chat rooms once a week with them?
Yes. Or even better: leave them running with the door-method in Outer cloister while you're sleeping.

Beastie Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearox said:
Yes. Or even better: leave them running with the door-method in Outer cloister while you're sleeping.
first off, you dont even need to join a game, you can go to the chat screen and log off, and the counter is reset.
As far as mule burning, I have had great sucess by making games called mule burn, or what ever you like. Once I am in game I type /framerate, open inventory, pick up a potion, and hit enter for the dialog box to come on. Maybe its just me or my good fortune, but this seems to keep the game active enough to keep me from dropping. Hope some of this helps!

DrSeuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Si1enta5sa5sin said:
How is having mules not playing the game?
Having mules isn't "not playing the game". Not actually playing the game is "not playing the game".

Being on dialup, I've found it easier to actually play a new mule for two hours than to find any sort of method for outwitting the game into thinking I'm doing something.

Beastie Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
DrSeuss said:
Having mules isn't "not playing the game". Not actually playing the game is "not playing the game".

Being on dialup, I've found it easier to actually play a new mule for two hours than to find any sort of method for outwitting the game into thinking I'm doing something.
By not having a trophy room like most mporpg do we need to have mules to keep our overflow of elite items. we still play the game with our chars. how is that not playing the game?

festers50

Diabloii.Net Member
I play my mules up to at least the 1st socket quest (not non-stop) so that I get something out of the mule besides holding stuff I may never use. ;)

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
I generally play all my mules to act5 hell
by then they are around level 80 though
but I get the hell hellforge :)