Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Build The Bug Collector

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Yossarian, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

New Build The Bug Collector

The idea behind this build is to make a solid character that can kill anything and that utilizes the charge bugs in items. You can fight groups and boss equally well and no immune can stand in your way.

First your items
    Helm: Tons of choices here. + skills or maybe leach depends on other choices.
    Armor: A few choices as well. One version needs Stone the other is best COH but many will work if you don't go the stone Switch one route.
    Boots: Marrow
    Rings: Carrion must be one. Bul-Kathos or duel leach or Raven (if no Trangs)
    Ammy: Mara is perfect however I say use Seraphs (much cheaper and helpful)
    Gloves: Trangs
    Belt: Trangs/depends on switch choice
    Weapon: Oath is primary switch is either Moonfall or Spellsteel
    Shield depends on if you make oath one or 2 hand. One hand StormShield

Merc We want might.

Skills-choice one
    20 Rabies
    20 Fire Claws (depends on route taken)
    20 Fury
    20 Lycanthrope
    You have 10 prereqs (you need to summon to get the bear)
    Lv 78 you are done. Add extra points in to Grizzly after.

What you get for damage
    A full synergy Rabies (obviously) Poison
    Fire Claws with 616% synergy (must wear stone and spellsteel on switch) Fire
    Fury Maxed
    Snyed Lv 20 BS (from the Oath) Magic Damage

Your Army.
    Bear (weak), LV 16 HOW (132%ED), Lv 17 Iron Golem or 16 Clay, Lv 21 Poison Creeper, Couple of Crows plus your merc.

Skills-choice two
    20 Rabies
    20 Fury
    20 Lycanthrope
    20 Bear
    You have 7 prereqs (you need to summon to get the bear)
    Lv 75 you are done.

WHat you get for damage
    A full synergy Rabies (obviously) Poison
    Fury Maxed
    Snyed Lv 20 BS (from the Oath) Magic Damage
    Fireball (you wear Trangs belt, moonfall and Spirit or Pheonix if rich) Lv 18 fireball 195-224 with 141% syn. If you can get a ring with Firebolt charge great.

Might merc with Insight (need the mana when FBing)

Your army
    Bear (very strong), LV 16 HOW (132%ED), Lv 17 Iron Golem, Lv 21 Poison Creeper, Couple of Crows plus your merc. Crows rock in hell as they help blind archers.

I like option 2 better. Fire in a rabies first then fury away. Your Bear and merc do huge damage too. You can handle any immune as your little army can tank all day long. Plus I like fireballing more than fire claws.

Kinda tired. Hope you can figure it out.

2. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Well it sound nice, and cheap ^^ I guess it would be average/good for PvM :)

Btw: Are you 100% that a charge will synergy to a CtC? I don't think the fireball part is viable since the damage would only be: lvl 18 fireball synergised with a lvl 11 meteor = 154% synergised gives about 450 damage pr. fireball (to low).

The fire claw part should give you about 1.8k of damage (I also think this is pretty low)

The bone spirits will give about 1k of magical damage every 3 out of 10 times you hit (that is pretty low to :p)

What I like mostly about this guide is that you actually can use the big boss killer clay golem + descrep ^^

What I absolutely hate about this guide is that it cost, I think it is ral or ort, every time you have to repair :-\ and the druid won't tele in wolf form I guess :).

Last, what is a crow?

3. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Just wanted to say there is no reason to quote the entire text.

I think he ment raven.

"Ravens are about one-third larger than crows, have somewhat heavier bills, more fan-shaped tails, and sometimes sport a ruff (mane) of feathers around the throat.....crows and ravens are essentially identical in color, shape, and behavior."

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Yes the charge bug works with ctc items, it also works with oskills, other charged items, and staffmod provided items.

@Lazy_BerZerker step out of your box, the idea may not be quite viable and fast but heck at least he is thinking about his build a bit instead of trying a cookie cutter expecting something different.

1000 bonespirit damage every 3rd hit isn't bad for a ctc item, but I do have concerns about your other choices; iron golem (worthless if cast from charges, remember they disappear at the next save exit.), poison creeper from a charge, expensive as heck to replace poison creepers (especially since they will die often) the clay golem (great choice, don't forget bloodmoon it takes the golems life to 3005 which will allow him to live in Hell, 4850 gold per casting IIRC).

As for fireclaws, I would go ahead and place 20 points into firestorm if I were using fireclaws then using a weapon with fissure or volcano charges to add the extra firepower. Firestorm with 16 synergy from Stone armor is quite strong you can pull 3000 damage with it. remember firestorm is 3 streams, so 3* damage in melee range.

And yes crows and ravens are often interchanged since they look very very similar, remember that the game is made in serveral different languages and sometimes the translations to english differ slightly. For another example the games files call phoenix strike - royal strike.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Ya I should have mentioned. It's fairly cheap over all to build, MAL for Oath is a little expensive. COH is maybe best but soooo many armors can work well and make it cheap. But lots of cash is needed for repairs. Always grab a couple wands or stuff to sell.

To address a few unanswered quesitons.

The Iron Golem and Creeper don't die too too often as you have so many minions out there and 2 that can tank well. The Ravens (happy :) help a ton as they draw a lot of hits while they are blinding.

I like the fireball option a little bit more because my bear just flat out rocks with Merc and HOW. You almost never need the fire balls. Physical and poison kills most things. Usually Physical immunes get a rabies bite then switch and spam FB. 500 damage isn't awesome but with the rabies working it speeds things up nicely. I find a little faster then using the bonespear from the fury. The other thing I like with this option is so much more gear freedom.

My question for Uzziah. Can you use the bloodmoon to prebuff your golem? With that it'd almost never die during a game. If so thats another great idea for the bug collector.

It is a fun build and it is viable. You can even PVP a little. The fun thing is that people keep wondering about you. You have a bear, merc, ravens, HOW and a golem (I keep thinking of making a druid with the Valk summon bow too)? You keep sending out bone spears? Where the hell are the FB's from? Man you kill pretty fast. You got all hack gear?

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Yeah I use the bloodmoon to prebuff my clay golem on my dual elemental druid, with 3005 life the clay golem can tank Baals minions in Hell without dying. The golem and infact any summon retains the stat it has when created this is why necros will recast their skeleton army when they hit a skill shrine, the extra life and damage is a nice bonus. Though you must retain the item that gives you the minion in order for the minion to stay alive. So if you cast a blood golem don't switch off of bloodmoon of the golem will die immediately.

My favorite all time character (though I haven't built it yet, and may not be able to get all the pieces in my D2 career) is the summoner barb. ever see a warcrying/passive barb have an army of 3 dire wolves, clay golem, merc and what not all with defiance, fantacism, BO, shout, and near fully synergized. Its an amazing feat but it can be done and is very effective. Though getting to the point you can wear the equipment is a pain, since you really have no kill skill for yourself. But I have a passive barb in Hell act 1 that says its possible to make it without a kill skill.