Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new build suggestions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Jan 31, 2004.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

new build suggestions

im a fishyfan, but having got 1 that will hopefully be my first ever pat within a day or 2, im in kinda a need for a new build after i finish this one.
    so i call apon you to suggest me good builds viable in hell but also have a early startup, eg: the main skill is lvl 12 or less, as ive started out doing many builds including metorb and trapsin, but the key skills only start at 24 and 30, and i get bored going though act 1 and 2 using 1 point skills, so i want somethign i can start my main skill bulding early on.
    any suggestions for a build that has its main skill /skills pre lvl 18?

2. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Hammerdins. Skills start at lvl 18. But you got BA at lvl 12 which is a sinergy to BH. It's mana potion dependent early on, but at lvl 30 you have Redemption. No need for uber gears too.

3. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

A build I have that just waltz through hell is my Chargeadin. Charge is level 12 or 18 or something like that, and Zeal (as a backup skill, since you can't always use charge effectively PvM). Both Zeal and Charge fit into those lvls you posted, and with a powerful two-handed weapon you can really kick some arse. My Charger has a 23k max dmg charge (29k with max fana) and a 10k max dmg Zeal with max fana at the 5 fpa breakpoint (4.1 attacks per second, not too shabby). Hehe, I like my Charger :)

4. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

How about a Bone Mage? One of the primary skills is Bone Spear, which you get at 18th level.

For a twist, you could go with a Magezon. The cold and fire bow skills are synergies for each other, so you aren't "stuck" putting just one point in them and trying to go from there. Put a bunch of points in, so your end game skill has more punch.

Or, you could go really out on a limb and pick a Rabid Wolf. A Druid that uses Rabies (and the poison creeper synergy) as the primary attack. Back up with Fury and see what you can do. This may need some +skill equipment, but I think it will work.

There was a guide posted for an Assassin that used a lot of Tiger Strike with one of the kicks (Dragon Tail?) for elemental damage. TS is level 1, so that is a pretty self starting character...

I like the idea of a charger paladin. Definately not your "typical" build.

Hope that helps.

Porius

5. choepring

choepring IncGamers Member

Blast-assins...

i've been working on this character for a while now. I play her hardcore and untwinked and she's sitting pretty in act 1 nm. She's played through everything on players 8 and has a defiance merc.

She's lvl 45 (i think, have to double check) and her skill point assignment are as follows:

Fire Blast: 20 +1
    Shock Web: 20 +1
    Lightning Sentry: 8 +1 (i think)

Fade: 1
    Bos: 1

The rest are in pre-reqs. Her stat points are assigned more towards her vita (which is over 100) and i put points in str and dex depending on equip. She has no points in energy and relies heavily on + to mana after kill items, +energy/mana, and mana pots. What also helps is IAS items to help her throw her bombs a lot faster. Which makes sense since she is essentially throwing the bombs instead of casting them.

I was going to make her a straight up bomb-assassin (fire blast and shock web only) but shock web just plain sucks even with the synergies. well, i'll max lightning sentry and see if i can still use shock web.

so her dmg in nm at lvl 45 is about 350-400 with fire blast and ~250 with Lightning Sentry. I'll probably switch to a HF or might merc when i reach act2.

I've been having a blast (pun intended) with her and there was never any moment where she was really in danger. I'm gonna pump her vita unless i need to focus on either str or dex.

try it out and lemme know what works, maybe we can help on actually making another viable build.

- choepring

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

hmmm, i do like the idea of a bombsin. if i do that, you say shock web sucks, and fromthe sins ive tried it might do dmg on high lvls, but its radius is not good enough compared to what the traps can do. however, i never considered fire blast as a usebale skill.
    using the 1.10 skill panner at d2items.com i can see with synergies (it gets bonuses from just about anything) it does accpetable damage, but with a very small radius that cannot be changed (3.3 yards) it will be very mana intensive.
    for the hammerdin, yes it does a hellof a lot fo damage and has good synergies, but ive played someones hammedin for a bit and i fund it very innaccurate, having to cast many to kill 1 monster as if it moves quick, id be lucky to get 1 hit in. but im sure that goes with practise with aiming.
    chargeadins with zeal is a new concpt to me, i'll have to ask around for advice on that in the pally forum i think.

7. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

If you want one that starts early and you have raven claw or another bow/xbow that fires explosive arrows you can do a fire ranger. Main skills, Holy Fire, Fire Resist, Sanctuary. Use crushing blow to deal with fire immunes or pick up a second elemental skill. I have one I'm working on and so far is lots of fun.

8. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Zealots are rather powerful in hell, main attack comes in at 12 and the aura comes in at 18 or 30 (depends on which you want)

Basic lay out
    20-Zeal
    20-Sac
    10-Holy Shield
    20-Fanta (lvl 30) or Conc (lvl18)

If you go Conc I would suggest a Phaseblade weapon (so you dont need much IAS to hit 4 frame zeal)

If you go fanta zerker or Headstriker (upgraded would be super sexy)

Elvish

9. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Sanctuary is not a skill a fire ranger should use, IIRC sanc is bugged and gives no damage to your ranged attacks. Once the ranger stickie gets updated check there. CB doesnt carry to splash anymore either.
    But a fire ranger looks something like this

20-Fire Res
    20-Blessed Aim*
    20-Holy Fire
    20-shock or freeze*
    20-cold or light res*

*You can always leave these out if you have a merc that either provided BA or can deal with fire immunes

Gear (this is max fire damage)
    Kuko
    Spirit Forge (Linked mail)
    Infernostride
    Lavagout
    The Rising Sun
    Razortail
    Raven Frost/any other ring

That should net you a pretty high fire damage, this also works really good on an enchatress sorc

Elvish

10. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

If you get bored waiting for that level 30 skill, don't forget that most skills have synergies now, and some of those may be available and useful at lower levels :)

11. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Kicksins are fun too, and there's pretty much no skills over lvl 24 that you'll spend a lot of points on. Basically your main skills start at lvl 1 (either Talon or Tiger) and building up to 24 (Fade) you get all the stuff you need in between.

12. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

How about a Frenzy barb? You can start by putting points into Double Swing (which gives bonus to Frenzy) or of course in a Mastery.

Fun as hell to play too :xflash: