10+ SM (all extra here)

armor: bramble
helm: shako
wep: hoto?
shield: spirit?
gloves: trangs
belt: arach
boots: marrows
rings:soj/bk/rfrost (possibly cham the shako so rfrost is not needed)
ammy: maras or crafted

questions:
1) does thorns from bramble work well in pvp? if so then you would WRECK melee characters
2) how much poison nova damage can i expect from this gear/skill setup?
3)has something like this been done before?
4)would the mages do enough damage to be useful?
5)should i go pure pnjb gcs or a mix of pnb and summon?
6)if you have bone armor on, will thorns still damage an attacker even if you do not take damage?

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
thorns is horrible in PvP 1/10 dmg i believe....you're better off with enigma...(unless you're using that brambvle with 200% psn dmg...eh even then it won't help enough =)....)

this is basically a psnnancer....its more important that you can finish off your opponent..and deal with his psn res....also you're better off investing just 1 pt into revives to get 10-15 revives...then investing another 30+ into mages + mastery.....sadly i think a BvC will almost be able to kill you in one hit...so main thing is survival..and the ability to dish out some dmg....

im thinki maybe getting a CTA to boost your HP to +2300 so you can tank 1 hit...and then having teleport and some decent FCR perhaps...

munchkins

Diabloii.Net Member
yes the plan is to use cta switch

seems to both have been done before and not very successfully, but i may try it anyways just for something new... i have about 50 hrs kicking around waiting to be used

i got this idea watching a bm druid sit in town with bramble and have a lvl 50 bear with thorns go out and mess up meleers... the thorns seemed to be quite effective, but maybe he was hacking something

munchkins

Diabloii.Net Member
never mind... hacked, everything gone, cant affor this character anymore, someone else try it and tell me how it is

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
munchkins said:
3)has something like this been done before?
Basic Poison hybrid with Mages instead of Skellies. Has been done before and I believe even a concept guide written about it.

munchkins said:
6)if you have bone armor on, will thorns still damage an attacker even if you do not take damage?
Yes.

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
munchkins said:
never mind... hacked, everything gone, cant affor this character anymore, someone else try it and tell me how it is
sorry to hear...but i think if you do a search someone has mentioned this before...and some of the more experienced PvPers...mentioned that then thorns based route wasn't that effective....