Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Bonemancer Problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by DevilsWrath, Jun 29, 2005.

1. DevilsWrath

DevilsWrath IncGamers Member

New Bonemancer Problem

I recently gathered up the gear to make a good bonemancer and I noticed something. Well here's the gear i gathered

Helm: Um Shako
    Amulet: Crafted +2 Necro, 20%fcr, 18 str, 23res
    Rings: 2 x Sojs
    Belt: Arachnids Mesh
    Weapon: 36% hoto
    Shield/Head: 3/3/3 Darkforce
    Boots: Marrows
    Gloves: Magefists
    Armor: Breast Plate Enigma
    On switch: 6bo Cta crystal sword/lidless

Charms: 10 pnb, assorted scs of life/res / no anni :(

Ok, now keeping fcr in mind I hit exacty 130% with this setup so I meet the bp, but I noticed my char is lackin resists. What could I do to make them up. Btw, I'm using df so I can get the 30% fcr and +3 pnb skills and I'm going for mass vita. I could switch to a wizzy and um homun to make up lots of resists, but I would sacrifice some fcr so I couldnt keep up with sorcs very well. If i used wizzy and homun i would have to get 2 fcr rings to make up for lost fcr. What should I do for this build?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Obviously, going overboard with one thing (FCR in your case) means sacrifices elsewhere.

Now, let's see. Many months ago, but still during the current ladder, getting to a dclone wasn't that much of an issue --- I could get one or two during a weekend. 10-20% resists from anni, average 15%.

You didn't mention the diamond in your shield, so another 19%. Rich people stick UMs in their shields, for 22%.

From what I can see, this puts you at 30 (Anya) + 36 (Hoto) + 19 (Shield) + 15 (Helmet), or exactly 100% Not *that* bad for starters. IIRC Enigma doesn't have resists?

There's also resist charms --- ditch some auf your skillers. Looking at your gear I assume you can easily dupe or trade some. IIRC a grand charm can get 15% all resist, so with 5 of them you end up at 175%.

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

BURN!

Lol na just joking.

Myrakh, his ammy gives him 23 all res... you forgot about that. :D

Uses of Wizzy is discouraged in these forums... mainly because they're about the most illegal items you can get in D2 even including 08 Valks.

I've dueled a Bonenec with the final FCR bp point... I forgot... but he was Sweet though. His Spears were EVERYWHERE. It's nice to have a crazy FCR build I'd imagine...

I'd say PnB GCs are more effective than 15% Res... but then again 2 of my chars have maxed Resi in hell and the rest don't... like 40~70... :(

4. DevilsWrath

DevilsWrath IncGamers Member

i think you guys got mixed up. when i said wizzy, i meant wizardspike.

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Eh... yeah, I missed that. But that just means he needs fewer charms... and if he's content with max-7 then he only needs to replace 3 of his skillers. And then there's room for modifications --- if he uses UM instead of pdiamond then he's only 4 res short, so a 19 res anni could cover that instead of the 15 res that I assumed... so back at max.

So I guess it's a matter of preference --- he could have max resists and loose 3 levels, or he could have +3 p&b levels and 130 resists. Or something completely different; I have no idea what all those HR dupewords do.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Assuming you haven't broken your bank on all that insane gear, you look rich enough to afford a +3 PNB, 20% FCR helm, with 1 socket. I think they go for 4-6 Ist on US West Ladder. The 2 socket ones are more on the level with items like Tyrael's Might. Then you could swap out the Darkforce for a P-diamonded Homonc and get yourself 10% FCR/all resist ring to replace one of the SoJ's to make up the FCR difference. That only costs you 1 point in skills and gives you a good 50+ to all resists.

I would consider thrading that Darkforce. The 3/3/3 ones are worth an ungodly amount yet there are much better and cheaper options for most necro builds.

7. Poisoned one

Poisoned one IncGamers Member

don't get rid of the darkforce, its all about the cool factor. I mean, whenever someones sees mine they always say "nice necro gear".;)

8. phool

phool IncGamers Member

yeah... except he's putting the enigma in a breastplate, surely the worst looking armour for a necro in the game

9. Poisoned one

Poisoned one IncGamers Member

no way, the dusk shroud sucks the most, it looks like hes shirtless.

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Are you insane? It is by far the best looking armor on a Necro. No red pants, a nice skull and a black skirt thing.

11. PerfectEnigma

PerfectEnigma IncGamers Member

This is the setup for equipment I feel is best for the bonenecro: hoto, um'd homoculus, 20s necro circlet +2 skills 20%fcr 20 res all socketed with a cham and um, (if you already got enough resistance socket it with a shael instead of um for fhr) crafted necro amy with +2 skills, 10fcr, some mana regeneration and some resistance, Dusk Enigma, 2x 10% fcr rings with good resistance on them both, arachnid mesh, trang gloves, and marrowalks. As secondary weapon you should have CTA and Spirit Shield.

In the inventory have 10PnbGc. You should try to get a few fhr pnb gc and the rest life pnbgcs. Have 9x20LifeSc and a Annulus.

Using this u will break the 125% fcr for the necro and have maxed or good resistance depending on the resistance on your rings and amy.

I pick Dusk enigma over Archon for the necro because Dusk only requires 77 strength and Archon requires 103. The Archon only usually has about a 100 more defense than the Dusk. If you use Dusk you can dump more points in vitality. It will help you out more in the long run when you use the CTA. By using Dusk all you need is 77 pts in strength and just use the enigma's strength bonus for the marrowalks and Spirit Monarch. Dusk Enigma has way more defense than bp enigma so thats why I pick it over that one.

I pick Homoculus over Darkforce because it has way more resistance(actually Darkforce has no resistance), mana regeneration, adds like 20pts to energy, and better blocking ability. While it still has +2pts to all necro skills. When, the Homoculus is Um'd it will have 62 Resist All.

Trang Gloves I pick over Magefist for the 30 Cold Resist mostly.

I dont use Sojs because to reach 125fcr its mandatory to use fcr rings for this setup. Plus, the fcr rings should give good resistance if you got good ones. Sojs give no resistance.

I have a lvl 90 bone necro that I have already obtained most of this gear for him, but not all of it yet.

12. wraithreaper

wraithreaper IncGamers Member

dusk and bp enigs dont work for me. i always use archon enig. looks the best, has better defense, and costs low str requirement. plus if u have that u can afford a p hoto too. i went with a humonc w/ pdiamond just because it has more mods, also im on nonladder :( . helm i use a delirium in a giant skull or wutever it is. you look way cool and it still gives you 2 skills. that fcr u got is way too much, not a bad thing but it sacrifices soo many other things u could focus on ( *wink wink* resists and mana). of course my necro dont got a bp, dusk, or archon enig. he got a scarab husk enig, but i dont care it is an enig, same thing to me.

USwest, wraithreaper

13. phool

phool IncGamers Member

lol, i like the shirtless look. I have a duskshroud on one of my necros :cool: