Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Blobguide

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by blobs, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blobs

blobs Banned

New Blobguide

THIS IS FOR 2 HANDED BVC WHICH WORKS AGAINST ALL BUILDS BESIDES VERY GOOD BVB BARB.

1 bash
    1 stun
    1 conc
    1 zerk
    14 leap
    1 leap attack
    20 ww
    20 mastery
    1 stamina
    7 inc speed
    1 iron skin
    2 nat res
    1 howl
    12 shout
    20 battle order
    1 battle command

STR: 40
    DEX: 40
    VIT: 470
    ENG: 10

Finishes at LVL 93. MORE LEVELS = MORE VIT AND MORE NATURAL RES.

PRIMARY ITAMS:

BerBer Coa
    2x Raven Frost
    Highlord Wrath
    Mage Plate Enigma
    Arachnid Mesh
    boots with fhr and resists
    Dracul Gloves
    Grief Zerk Ax
    Beast Zerk ax
    2x Doom Zerk ax
    20 STAT anni
    39x 3/20/20

STASH ITEMS:

2x fcr rings with life/mana/resist mods
    Gore Rider
    40/15 IAS arreat
    Vergundo Belt
    Demon Limb

HOTKEYS:

Left click: berserk
    Rihgt click: WW, TELE, LEAP, BC, BO, SHOUT, BEAR

----------------------------------------------------

HOW TO USE THIS GUY ONCE YOU GOT YOUR ITEMS:

SECTION 1. PUB GAME

USE PRIMARY GEAR ALL THE TIME. KILL, NK, STEAL GOLD, AND THEN SAY "CRY". THIS WORKS WONDERS ON THEIR MORALE AND CAUSES THEM TO PLAY BADLY AND / OR BRING MORE DUELERS WHICH ARE CARRYING MORE GOLD. CARRY 1/4 HEALTH POTS AND 3/4 MANA POTS. USE THE PRIMARY GEAR CAUSE U CANT BE KILLED EASILY BY ANYTHING WHEN USING IT, EVEN THOUGH YOUR DAMAGE SUCKS. POT CONSTANTLY SINCE THEY ARE DOING IT TOO, AND IF YOU KILL MORE, THATS MORE GOLD FOR MORE POTS.

SECTION 2. 1v1 GOOD MANNER : only major, worthwhile builds covered.

VS BLIZZ SORC:

Switch in Gore Rider and Arreat. Dont chase, predict where they will teleport to and then whirl long in that area. After a while they'll get hit and since blizz sorcs have no energy shield they'll be dead after one or two whirls. Namelocking and chasing wont work vs anyone good cause they get all defensive and try to get you to run in to blizzards.

VS FIRE/LIGHTING:

Switch in Arreats and fcr rings with life/mana/resist mods. Teleport to the side of them that doesn't have fireballs and lightings coming out, and start triangle whirls until dead or escaped. Use leap if they attack you so they get knocked, and then teleport over and whirl until dead. Ones with strong energy shield you cannot tank. Instead of whirling till dead, whirl till you get 1-2 two hits. Then leap away quickly and wait 8 seconds until open wounds has taken them down a chunk. Repeat until at 1 health, then either do it again or switch out Doom axes and they die to aura.

VS ORB/ES SORC

Switch in Arreats and Gore Rider. These guys just duct-tape down teleport and spam orbs once in a while. When you see him approaching for a pass, leap, when you see knockback, attack with triangle whirl, until you see 1-2 hits. Then leap away until 8 seconds pass, and do it again until dead. Dont get hit at all between attack sequences.

VS WIND DRUID

Switch in Gore Rider. Leap up and down nonstop in an area without pits. If the druid attacks, triangle whirl until dead. If the wind druid does not attack, teleport to the side without tornadoes coming out, and triangle whirl until dead. Make sure you enchant yourself to kill physical immune sage. While leaping in place, take out the 2 doom axes. This will kill all the wolves in 1 or 2 aura blasts and give you a chunk of health from engima, as well as make the druid lots easier to hit.

VS CS ZON

Switch in Arreats and enchant yourself. Switch on Doom Axes from 1 screen away so they are frozen, then leap so they are stuck in 20-frame long dodge recovery, then teleport over and start triangle whirls until dead.

VS TRAP ASSASIN

Switch in Gore Rider, Arreat, fcr rings with life/mana/resist mods, and Enchant. Run circles around them and their traps with 2 Dooms out until they get frozen or you hear a grunt. Teleport over and start triangle whirls until dead or escaped. To get out of mind blast/trap lock, ww in an arc until you are far away enough or behind some object. Then start again. Or you can leap out but make sure you're leaps arent too long or they will teleport next to you and you're screwed again. Repeat till dead.

VS FOH/SMITE PALADIN

Switch in fcr rings with life/mana/resist mods and Enchant yourself. Either switch in Doom to replace Beast to make sure their smite constantly sucks, or just flash it from 1 screen away with both Doom Axes, then proceed whirling along outside edges until dead. If you see conviction come on at any time, attack and start triangle whirling until fanatacism comes back on. Then ww away and repeat till dead. MCM also has special gear for completely dominating any v/t build, or any smite and foh, and if you have extra difficulty then use his build and no v/t, grief or not, foh sceptor or not, will ever beat you. Ask him for details.

VS HAMMER PALADIN

Switch in Arreat and Gore Rider, and enchant yourself. If they tele on top of you, ww away downwards, short. If they stand in hammer field or walk back and forth in it and spam hammers, start leaping nonstop until they are pushed into a corner and their hammers are blocked. Then teleport under them and whirl back and forth at 30 degrees across their right side, until dead or escaped. Do not ww through the hammerdin, ever. If they teleport out of the nonstop-leap, then teleport to the lower corner and whirl long and upwards and to the left side. Repeat process until dead. Against desync, if you're stand still, nonstop leap. Dont run across large areas because they probably contain hammers. If the hammerdin is charging in a certain direction on the automap, they're probably 1 screen ahead of where they are, so as soon as you start seeing them charge in some direction, go way ahead and ww long and random in that area. After a while they get hit, but usually they can't hit you. Most hammerdin uses both teleport and charge, so thats good, since teleport and hammer is invitation for free hits.

VS POISON NECRO

Switch in Arreats and Cast rings. Antidote prebuff so you dont die in 1 or 2 novas. Leap in place until you see necromancer get close, then teleport through his novas and start triangle whirling. Repeat until dead; or, go to a corner and leap nonstop. As soon as necro mancer comes near, leap, tele, and start triangle whirls. Its good to have a tiny bit of life regen so you arent at exactly 1 health, buys you 1 more hit. For very strong poison necromancer, Use death's gloves, antidote prebuff, and um-wizardspike combo, but so far there hasnt been any good poison necros that i've seen.

VS BONE NECRO

Leap until you see knockback, dont chase them across a large area since you'll run into IBS. If theres alot of bone spirits after you, teleport through a wall or some corners to get rid of them. Never attack when a trail of bone spirits is following, a couple is ok. When you arrive on the necro start triangle whirls until dead, but you need GOOD triangle whirls for this. If the necro escapes and theres a trail of bone spirits following, ww away, run a bit, then either leap or teleport a few times to shake them off. Never ever ww longer than 2 inches. 75 Block necro with wizardspike gloves and marrows and stuff will seem hard until you have gotten good at triangles, and then after that they become relatively easy and their block will seem to not work at all. If they're at 1 health from open wounds, turn on doom axes until they die.

Section 3. How to Get Better, and All sorts of Weird Tricks.

- Everything out there is beatable with just the gear and tactics listed, if you get beaten, dont go looking for better gear or get absorb or max res, you just did something wrong.

- How to get better with tele and triangle whirls: Set out a ring of 8 potions around 1 central potion. Use default gear. Teleport from middle potion to one of the outer potions, and perform 1 complete triangle whirl. The whirl should be short enough to always be in range and long enough to only cost 3 whirls per triangle. Teleport back to the middle and go to the next potion position. When you can go around all 8 potions without pausing or suddenly losing all your mana due to bad whirls, then you can say you're good. I havent been able to do this yet

- Why there are Doom Axes on switch for bo weapons: So you can NK and nuke wolves and oak sages, and kill grief smiters and faith zons easily.

- AA berserk: Hold down left click berserk on someone. You will start running at them; tap tele and you will end up directly on top and retain the namelock. Start berserking and kill.

- against summons, iron maiden, annoying druids, or public game: keep a life tap wand. Life tap is stronger than iron maiden and each hit is a full rejuv. Use the AA-zerk tactic.

- When the opponent is at 1 health from open wounds, switch on Doom Axes. The radius is huge the damage isnt bad either, 50 cold with -100 cold res.

- Gear that you might want to have: 2 um-wizardspikes, hel widow maker. good for es sorcs , cold sorcs, and hammerdins. Death gloves is good if you happen to die to poison alot, 3-lo helm if you cant handle trap or cs. Hotspur if you cant handle fire, and kira's guardian socketed with something if you have a resist stacking problem. However dont depend on these.. they're crutches.

Thats it, for now.. new gear ideas and tactics are always being inserted.. like the doom axes... those were put in just today

Side note: Tthis barb was not designed to work if your budget is limited to Doombringer Champion Sword and Rockstopper Sallet and Baranars star. So please do not ask for "will my knight's dirk of plague javelin work as well?". The answer is NO for all of those sorts of questions.

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

:lol: Edit that & say dualwield to avoid confusion.

havent read the whole..looks nice atm. :thumbsup:

Rik

3. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

I am not complaining about dupes but..Since you said it yourself it will work almost just as well with legit equivalents of charms/rings/boots,why dont you refrain from mentioning them? Simply list out the required mods on rings/boots,no need for charms as everyone knows what 3/20/20s are.Perhaps then,you'll work will get recognised & stickied?

@Hal:I dont know what's your take on this,but I'd request you to sticky this. :)

Rik

4. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

I didnt like the cap's and its short, but since u got pretty much everything then i really dont care if its short or not.
    Nice guide! :clap:
    :OT: Nice pic Rik :thumbsup:
    :OT2: Why did u lock our lovely barb story hal? :mad: :lol:

5. blobs

blobs Banned

required mods on boots: hit recovery, fire/lightning res
    rings: fcr, mana, resists.

anyone rich enough to make this will have access to and know of the appropriate duped rings for their realm

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I thought it was lvl 15 leap that covered the whole screen radius?

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'm sorry blobs, but you still can't go about pimping dupes in the forum. As such, I can't sticky your guide unless it's altered.

Because it was, in essence, spam.

Just doing my job.

-Hal

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

so basically if he changed the duped items to :
    "boots w/ fhr, resist +stats"
    "rings w/ fcr, resist, +stats"
    you could sticky the guide?
    is that really necessary?

also blobs some things i dont get:
    -why the points in increased speed?
    -i dont get what u mean here "This will kill all the wolves in 1 or 2 aura blasts and give you a chunk of health from engima,"

9. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Good guide, I never thought about aura stacking 2x Dooms. Only -2 skills from Hotos or WC weaps, and you get a nice big freeze radius.

I just wonder if it's too late to give my BvA a nice size leap...lv90 and 1 pt leap...Gets to lv9 with Arreats and lv11 with a Doom.

10. blobs

blobs Banned

7 in increased speed after + skills is the fastest you can move while retaining 3 hit checks per ww for a side whirl.

inc speed makes your desync whirls better

also, there is a certain radius where whirling to the other guy is faster than teleporting and then whirling. inc speed makes that radius bigger.

inc speed lets you hit zons and assasins alot easier

inc speed lets you walk out of bone spirit trails after golem slow

inc speed makes your triangle whirls faster and more desynced. alot of people have said i hack ww or something cause my triangles are whirled faster than the server can keep track of, and so i appear to stand next to them and they die; this is very useful for not getting hit while whirling.

engima has 14 health per kill. 5 wolves = 80 health for free, if you have your BO weapons out, since the 2xdoom freeze aura will kill them instantly.

this isnt a really a guide, just somewhere for bvc barbs to look if they ever lose to some build. for example if i was constanly losing to blizz sorcs, i'd look in the blizz sorc tactic section, with the confidence that if te instructions are followed completely the blizz sorcs will start losing.
    dont need sticky, those who want the guide will keep it alive, and i dont really want this guide categorized alongside "PvP Taunt/Bash Mace Barb Hybrid Guide" and things of that type.

11. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

guess ill be gettin some doom zerkers
    do u think i should dump the rest of my points into increased speed or leap.

currently lvl 11 base leap and lvl 1 increased speed, lvl 91 barb.

12. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Guide edited by author to conform to forum standards, and thus visability reinstated.

-Hal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.